Rush - Snakes and Arrows Tour 2008

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

Rush - Snakes and Arrows Tour 2008

Postby mrmetal » Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:06 am

I finally quit making excuses for not going to see one of my all time favorite bands (like, it's so expensive, I really don't have the money, the Woodlands is so far, etc...etc..) and forked out the $$$$ to see Rush. The last time I saw Rush was on the Grace Under Pressure tour in 84/85. So I have been making excuses for several years now.

It was a great show performed with perfection. Rush, a bit older as we all are, performed with vigor and delivered this high-powered energy set.

Limelight
Digital Man
Ghost Of A Chance
Mission
Freewill
The Main Monkey Business
The Larger Bowl
Red Barchetta
The Trees
Between The Wheels
Dreamline

Far Cry
Workin' Them Angels
Armor and Sword
Spindrift
The Way The Wind Blows
Subdivisions
Natural Science
Witch Hunt
Malignant Narcissism (Drum Solo)
Hope
The Spirit Of Radio
2112 (Overture/Temples of Syrinx)
Tom Sawyer

Encore:

One Little Victory
A Passage To Bangkok
YYZ

I especially like the South Park introduction to Tom Sawyer. My only regret is that I really had to take a piss, so during Hope I took off. On the way back I decided to buy my T-shirt since there was no line and this caused me to miss most of Spirit of the Radio :? :lol:

It was a great show and if you get the chance to see them, you should. They aren't getting any younger.

All Access Member

Re: Rush - Snakes and Arrows Tour 2008

Postby Gutterflower » Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:24 am

COOL - glad you got Rush checked off on your concert card :P I saw them about 12 years ago on the Test For Echo tour. They put on one helluva show - and they also performed ALL of 2112 from start to finish! They played about 3 hours when I saw them.

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:25 pm

I am glad I got to see them. I don't know why I kept coming up with excuses not to go. Well, next for me is Cyndi Lauper, then Iron Maiden!

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby THOR » Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:03 pm

Going May 1st here in Phoenix, first time to see Rush.

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:27 am

THOR wrote:Going May 1st here in Phoenix, first time to see Rush.

You will dig it. When you go, tell us what you think....

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:16 am

mrmetal wrote:Well, next for me is Cyndi Lauper, then Iron Maiden!

If you had not already taken the time to explain this we all would be like, "WTF? 8O !!" Those two names aren't usually mentioned in the same sentence. :)

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:40 am

Doobie wrote:If you had not already taken the time to explain this we all would be like, "WTF? 8O !!" Those two names aren't usually mentioned in the same sentence. :)

:lol: I know what you mean. Back in the day (1985), I could never admit that I liked Cyndi's music and had to hide the cassettes from my metal buddies. Once, my friend was putting something in my glove box of my truck and busted me with it...man, I never heard the end of that. Never mind that I had the metal look and could play just about any metal song I wanted. :lol: I tried the "my sister left it in my truck defense..."

Now that I am older, I don't give a shit and openly admit who I like to listen to.

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:32 am

mrmetal wrote:
Doobie wrote:If you had not already taken the time to explain this we all would be like, "WTF? 8O !!" Those two names aren't usually mentioned in the same sentence. :)

:lol: I know what you mean. Back in the day (1985), I could never admit that I liked Cyndi's music and had to hide the cassettes from my metal buddies. Once, my friend was putting something in my glove box of my truck and busted me with it...man, I never heard the end of that. Never mind that I had the metal look and could play just about any metal song I wanted. :lol: I tried the "my sister left it in my truck defense..."

Now that I am older, I don't give a shit and openly admit who I like to listen to.

If the truth be known we're all like that (too scared to openly admit we listen to music off the beaten path of our usually preferred segments). Here's my latest admittance ... while shopping in the swap shop I found myself at the checkout with the Zeppelin box set for a steal of a price, a Jimi Hendrix cd, and a Chris Isaak cd. Yes, I said it. Chris Isaak. :lol:

Gutterflower is probably still scratching her head after listening to the last CD I sent her too! It's just a "tad" on the melancholy side! :lol:

Return to Free for all...