Motley Crue - The Saints of Los Angeles

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Moderator
User avatar
Posts: 884
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: England

Motley Crue - The Saints of Los Angeles

Postby skezza » Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:50 pm

I noticed in another thread someone mentioned they were looking forward to Crue's new album and single. Being as the single has been released with a video and its up on YouTube i thought i'd put a link up. Before I heard it, i was just hoping it was better than anything from Generation Swine :lol: but I'm kind of getting into it :) I think Vince sounds better than he has done since Dr. Feelgood.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XFMVHRZztM
WWW.ULTIMATERHOADS.COM - Randy Rhoads Website!

All Access Member
Posts: 1643
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Sacramento

Re: Motley Crue - The Saints of Los Angeles

Postby Shadow » Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:56 pm

Looks like a very "new" MOTLEY CRUE video to me/so I would imagine that they do have some more new material/a new heavy Hard Rock/Metal album Cd coming out. That's pretty wild video there "We are the Saint's/The Saints of Los Angeles" - it was a misty moment their at the start of the video seeing Tommy, Mick Mars, Vince & Sixx (he & Tommy get me confused/they look like brothers although the only difference would be that Nikki Sixx is more muscular & Tommy Lee is more trimmer/lean yet still w/those differences they sometimes get me confuse...'they quite handsome, all of them are!) Anyway, it's wonderful see that they the legendary bad boys MOTLEY CRUE are very much still a working force. Peace & thanks for sharing. :P 8O 8)

Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon May 05, 2008 7:10 am

Re: Motley Crue - The Saints of Los Angeles

Postby chainsaw2 » Thu May 08, 2008 11:02 pm

nikki sixx is the man the rest of the crue would be lost without him

All Access Member
User avatar
Posts: 1972
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Gray, TN

Re: Motley Crue - The Saints of Los Angeles

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Fri May 09, 2008 1:01 pm

chainsaw2 wrote:nikki sixx is the man the rest of the crue would be lost without him


I actually do like Nikki as well. I don't really care for the rest of the band though.

~Brian~

All Access Member
Posts: 716
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:00 pm
Location: springfield il

Re: Motley Crue - The Saints of Los Angeles

Postby harddriver » Fri May 09, 2008 2:57 pm

Niki and Mick Mars managed to maintain some dignity over the years but Vince and Especially Tommy have really made total asses of themselves.

Moderator
User avatar
Posts: 884
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: England

Re: Motley Crue - The Saints of Los Angeles

Postby skezza » Fri May 09, 2008 3:26 pm

well tommy was never really a great drummer was he lol!
WWW.ULTIMATERHOADS.COM - Randy Rhoads Website!

Killer of Giants
User avatar
Posts: 341
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:00 pm
Location: Niagara Falls

Re: Motley Crue - The Saints of Los Angeles

Postby MrScary1971 » Fri May 09, 2008 8:02 pm

skezza wrote:well tommy was never really a great drummer was he lol!


Couldn't agree more. The most underrated member is easily Mick Mars. Nikki Sixx is great too and a helluva song writer.

Moderator
User avatar
Posts: 884
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: England

Re: Motley Crue - The Saints of Los Angeles

Postby skezza » Sat May 10, 2008 4:35 am

MrScary1971 wrote: Couldn't agree more. The most underrated member is easily Mick Mars
totally agree. I actually like Mick's bluesy style. It has depth and I really feel for the guy with his condition etc
Last edited by skezza on Mon May 12, 2008 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
WWW.ULTIMATERHOADS.COM - Randy Rhoads Website!

All Access Member
User avatar
Posts: 1972
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Gray, TN

Re: Motley Crue - The Saints of Los Angeles

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Mon May 12, 2008 8:18 am

harddriver wrote:Niki and Mick Mars managed to maintain some dignity over the years but Vince and Especially Tommy have really made total asses of themselves.


That pretty much sums it up for me as well.

~Brian~

Newbie
User avatar
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:01 pm

Re: Motley Crue - The Saints of Los Angeles

Postby pyschokenetic » Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:32 am

Motley:

Sixx: Std. bassist, GREAT Songwriter, plays well enough to communicate his music. Pretty much all that's needed. His songwriting, IMO, in it's own light, should be considered "poetry" of sorts, up there with all the greats.

Mars: Totally underrated playing. IF one listens to the albums, and deciphers his guitar work, they'd hear much going on. Sad he hasn't gotten the deserved props; should've been more renowned.

Lee: Above average drummer, really. Has done some interesting percussion work even his peers in Drummer Magazine have acknowledged. Satriani let him play on "Flying in a Blue Dream" and had great things to say about his tracks on the album. Overall, great entertainer/drummer with a colorful history outside of the music.

Neil: No comment; Motley worked with HIM to get the most out of his very limited range. I'd put the VH singers, Bret Michaels, etc...WAY above him.

My .02; danka for letting me!!! :)

Rock N' Roll Rebel
Posts: 71
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 4:46 pm

Re: Motley Crue - The Saints of Los Angeles

Postby JR97 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:43 pm

For a good and in depth history on the Crue:
http://members.ozemail.com.au/~cruekiss/

I actually spent 2 days non-stop reading the whole thing. Pretty interesting.

I think the new song rocks. I've never been a huge Crue fan although I've pretty much got all of their albums.

All Access Member
User avatar
Posts: 1937
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Maryland

Re: Motley Crue - The Saints of Los Angeles

Postby Gutterflower » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:05 pm

In case anyone missed it, Motley Crue were on Larry King Live this past Friday night. I'm a computer tard and can't get the video to embed, so here's the link:

CLICK HERE - Motley Crue on Larry King 6/20/08
Image

All Access Member
Posts: 716
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:00 pm
Location: springfield il

Re: Motley Crue - The Saints of Los Angeles

Postby harddriver » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:11 pm

pyschokenetic wrote:Motley:

Sixx: Std. bassist, GREAT Songwriter, plays well enough to communicate his music. Pretty much all that's needed. His songwriting, IMO, in it's own light, should be considered "poetry" of sorts, up there with all the greats.

Mars: Totally underrated playing. IF one listens to the albums, and deciphers his guitar work, they'd hear much going on. Sad he hasn't gotten the deserved props; should've been more renowned.

Lee: Above average drummer, really. Has done some interesting percussion work even his peers in Drummer Magazine have acknowledged. Satriani let him play on "Flying in a Blue Dream" and had great things to say about his tracks on the album. Overall, great entertainer/drummer with a colorful history outside of the music.

Neil: No comment; Motley worked with HIM to get the most out of his very limited range. I'd put the VH singers, Bret Michaels, etc...WAY above him.

My .02; danka for letting me!!! :)
Yea ive seen Vince live 6 times over the years and some nights he was OK and there were those where he was almost unlistenable. Corabi could sing his ass off though.

Rock N' Roll Rebel
Posts: 71
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 4:46 pm

Re: Motley Crue - The Saints of Los Angeles

Postby JR97 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:55 am

Chronilogical Crue http://members.ozemail.com.au/~cruekiss/history.htm

A great detailed history of the band. It's amazing they're still alive and kicking.

All Access Member
User avatar
Posts: 1972
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Gray, TN

Re: Motley Crue - The Saints of Los Angeles

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:09 pm

harddriver wrote:
pyschokenetic wrote:Motley:

Sixx: Std. bassist, GREAT Songwriter, plays well enough to communicate his music. Pretty much all that's needed. His songwriting, IMO, in it's own light, should be considered "poetry" of sorts, up there with all the greats.

Mars: Totally underrated playing. IF one listens to the albums, and deciphers his guitar work, they'd hear much going on. Sad he hasn't gotten the deserved props; should've been more renowned.

Lee: Above average drummer, really. Has done some interesting percussion work even his peers in Drummer Magazine have acknowledged. Satriani let him play on "Flying in a Blue Dream" and had great things to say about his tracks on the album. Overall, great entertainer/drummer with a colorful history outside of the music.

Neil: No comment; Motley worked with HIM to get the most out of his very limited range. I'd put the VH singers, Bret Michaels, etc...WAY above him.

My .02; danka for letting me!!! :)
Yea ive seen Vince live 6 times over the years and some nights he was OK and there were those where he was almost unlistenable. Corabi could sing his ass off though.


I saw them back in 94' with Corabi as well and he was great. I don't think that guy has ever been in the right band at the right time, because otherwise he should be more appreciated than he is. I've always heard the ESP project was good, but I've never heard any cuts from it.

~Brian~

Return to Free for all...

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest