Guitar Idol

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

Guitar Idol

Postby Doobie » Wed May 07, 2008 6:22 am

Lion Music is proud to be a sponsor of the worlds' biggest International online Guitarist Talent Search designed to find the hottest new guitarists!
How does it work? Visit www.guitar-idol.co.uk, Contestants upload audio or video's of their entries which are then voted for by thousands of guitar fans worldwide in order to win both `The People's Choice' Award and - in combination with a panel of top music industry professionals - the chance to be one of 10 finalists to play live in front of thousands at the London International Music Show on June 14 and be awarded the `Guitar Idol 2008' crown.
Uniquely the 10 finalists will have the chance to appear on an album released by top international guitarists label Lion Music with worldwide distribution. The Winner will also collect top of the range prizes from Paul Reed Smith, Peavey and Roland - as well as a cash prize from exam board Rockschool - and interviews/promotion and professional opportunities with The Institute of Contemporary Music Performance, www.alloutguitar.com, www.licklibrary.com and Guitar Buyer magazine.
As if that is not enough, the eventual Winner will get to open up for Joe Satriani on June 15tat The London International Music Show, and be able to play over the weekend on the various sponsors stands – what a chance to kick-start a career!
For more information contact: Owen Edwards - Editor www.alloutguitar.com.

Re: Guitar Idol

Postby skezza » Wed May 07, 2008 3:17 pm

seems a nice idea, just entered :P
WWW.ULTIMATERHOADS.COM - Randy Rhoads Website!

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Thu May 08, 2008 6:19 am

skezza wrote:seems a nice idea, just entered :P

Good luck!

Postby skezza » Thu May 08, 2008 2:17 pm

Doobie wrote:
skezza wrote:seems a nice idea, just entered :P

Good luck!
Got no chance i'm afraid. Apart from the fact many of the guitarists are better on there, its also rigged in favour of the people on youtube who've basically got a million hits. because all they are doing is putting their voting link up on their canon rock video etc and getting all the votes. :) still, it doesnt matter, its all about fun :P

Postby skezza » Fri May 09, 2008 5:45 am

Still, if your interested, heres my entry. have a listen for free :)

http://www.gtridol.com/alive-and-kicking :) Enjoy Guys, this is a tribute to my favourite 60's, 70's and 80's guitarists. Randy, Jake, Yngwie, Eddie :)

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Fri May 09, 2008 4:03 pm

Good stuff Joe. You will definately be a great player in a few years.

I want to hear that guy that was on the board a couple of weeks ago. I bet he can play guitar with his penis!!! :lol:

Postby Fretman » Fri May 09, 2008 6:59 pm

Good job...thanks for sharing!

Postby skezza » Sat May 10, 2008 4:33 am

thanks guys, and mrmetal, i can only laugh at that one :P :lol:

and the reason i said you can listen for free wasn't a mickey take by the way :P if anyone was wondering, its that some of these services actually charge for the stream of free music. i mean, come on!

Return to Free for all...