Ace Frehley

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

Ace Frehley

Postby mrmetal » Tue May 13, 2008 4:52 pm

At 57 years young, Ace still has it going on. I saw him last night and he tore it up and sounded fantastic. Go see him if you get the chance, you will not be disappointed.

All Access Member

Re: Ace Frehley

Postby Shadow » Tue May 13, 2008 8:49 pm

I "love" ACE FREHLEY his always been my most favorite of the magnificent 4 legendary KISS members. I cherish all of them to heart but the legendary fame musician/guitarist Space Ace enchanted me more 'cause of his down to Earth demeanor, he is so cool! 8) I bet you did have a really amazing time seeing the fame musician Ace Frehley kicking it live on stage...'if I do get the fortunate chance to see such an amazing musician, again I would do so.. (saw them/Kiss perform in the late 70's like '77/'78 at the famous Cow Palace in San Francisco and boy they really blow every one away, amazing heavy & extraodinary Concert Event the legendary KISS give to the fans that special night..'I'll never forget them nor that breathtaking Concert show. 8O :twisted: 8) Wow!)

Mr. Ace Frehley has a nice feature limelight on him in the most recent BW&BK (Bravewords & Bloody knuckles) heavy Metal highly esteem music news magazine. It's a great issue of BW&BK issue 110/June 2008..'check it out! Peace.

Secret Loser

Postby seasons » Tue May 13, 2008 10:06 pm

Yeah Mr Metal, I second that! I saw him a few weeks ago and everything about his set was awesome. HUGE guitar tone. Bigger and better than I ever remember hearing it. I've seen him a bunch of times, but this time his tone and sound were just BALLS! Great set list too. Killer all the way around!

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Wed May 14, 2008 7:25 am

His sound was one of the best I ever heard live. Great band as well, all sporting 80's big hair and just fucking tearing it up! Was very surprised to hear Love Gun and Strange Ways in the set list. I wasn't going to go, but a friend of mine talked me into going, so I did and was so glad I didn't blow off this show. It was much better than the Symphony X show I saw a couple of weeks earlier.

Here is the set list for the Houston show. It was a killer show!

Rip It Out
Hard Times
Parasite
Snowblind-I Want You
Rock Soldiers
Breakout
Into The Void
Strange Ways
Medley (Torpedo Girl, Speedin' Back To My Baby, Five Card Stud, Trouble Walkin')
Stranger In A Strange Land
New York Groove
2,000 Man
Shock Me
Rocket Ride
Deuce
Love Her All I Can
Love Gun
Cold Gin
Black Diamond Outro

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Wed May 14, 2008 7:32 am

Shadow wrote:I "love" ACE FREHLEY his always been my most favorite of the magnificent 4 legendary KISS members.... I bet you did have a really amazing time seeing the fame musician Ace Frehley kicking it live on stage

Hey Shadow. Yes, Ace was always my favorite too. I had a great time and saw some old friends at the show and got to rock out with a true legend!

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Wed May 14, 2008 12:50 pm

mrmetal wrote: It was much better than the Symphony X show I saw a couple of weeks earlier.

Are you speaking from a guitarist standpoint or simply a fan of hard rock/metal music? Solos and guitar wankery bore me, so I have to have the entire band in on the experience.

~Brian~

All Access Member

Postby SHREDDER1 » Wed May 14, 2008 3:29 pm

ACE WAS PRETTY DRUNK AT HOUSE OF BLUES SAN DIEGO A FEW MONTHS AGO. ACE CAN DO NO WRONG IN MY BOOK.

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Wed May 14, 2008 4:31 pm

PoetsandMadmen wrote:
mrmetal wrote: It was much better than the Symphony X show I saw a couple of weeks earlier.

Are you speaking from a guitarist standpoint or simply a fan of hard rock/metal music? Solos and guitar wankery bore me, so I have to have the entire band in on the experience.

~Brian~

Well, Ace is not a technician, so Michael Romeo has that way over on him. I was speaking from a show and sound perspective. The tone was just friggin' huge and you could hear every instrument and every singer.

SX was very muddy in their mix, Romeo had so much low mixed in his sound that he was competing with bass in some places.

Don't get me wrong, SX was great, but I thought Ace's show was overall a better experience than SX.

All Access Member

Postby harddriver » Wed May 14, 2008 10:41 pm

Ive had the pleasure of seeing Ace a few times and the dude is just a legend. And in 5 years not to mention 30 no one will even remember a band like Symphony X but the Spaceman's legacy will go on forever.

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Thu May 15, 2008 10:55 am

harddriver wrote:Ive had the pleasure of seeing Ace a few times and the dude is just a legend. And in 5 years not to mention 30 no one will even remember a band like Symphony X but the Spaceman's legacy will go on forever.

I agree with your assertion as far as the mainstream populace goes. But SX has quite a big following in Europe and is well known in the metal genre as one of the more stellar groups.

SX has been around a long time and I don't think they are going to disappear anytime soon.

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Thu May 15, 2008 1:14 pm

mrmetal wrote:
PoetsandMadmen wrote:

~Brian~

Well, Ace is not a technician, so Michael Romeo has that way over on him. I was speaking from a show and sound perspective. The tone was just friggin' huge and you could hear every instrument and every singer.

SX was very muddy in their mix, Romeo had so much low mixed in his sound that he was competing with bass in some places.

Don't get me wrong, SX was great, but I thought Ace's show was overall a better experience than SX.

I gotcha! I was sitting at my computer wondering how in the heck an Ace Frehley show could impress Mr. Metal more than Symphony X? I've heard about the sound complaint from several different boards at several different stops on their tour. It sounds to me like the band needs to hire a competent sound technician. The show that I attended in Charlotte was really good, but the venue was a total hole in the wall! If Ace doesn't have the money by now to put into his solo shows then he's never going to! :lol:

~Brian~

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Thu May 15, 2008 1:38 pm

harddriver wrote:Ive had the pleasure of seeing Ace a few times and the dude is just a legend. And in 5 years not to mention 30 no one will even remember a band like Symphony X but the Spaceman's legacy will go on forever.

Harddriver........nevermind. :roll:

~Brian~

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Thu May 15, 2008 8:41 pm

PoetsandMadmen wrote:I gotcha! I was sitting at my computer wondering how in the heck an Ace Frehley show could impress Mr. Metal more than Symphony X?

Ace is a legend and one of the first guitar players that I most wanted to be like, so maybe I am biased. :wink:
Last edited by mrmetal on Fri May 16, 2008 5:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

All Access Member

Postby harddriver » Thu May 15, 2008 10:59 pm

PoetsandMadmen wrote:

Harddriver........nevermind. :roll:

~Brian~
Oh come on Poets you know how i am :wink: If it doesnt have long hair , cheesy solos and wear just a little bit of makeup ya know i cant listen to it :lol:

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Vernon » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:24 pm

Hey mrmetal,
Wow you went to see Ace on this last tour!
You lucky bastard.
The closest he came to me was New York this tour.
Bummer too....cause I would've went (even though it would've taken me all day to get there) but I found out about it at the last minute.

Anyway...you know I've seen Ace (probably 15 or so times by now).
Ace is >the man<.
Second only to Jimmy Page in my book.

You got me to post after years of not posting :-)
I'm writing to tell you that I got my feelers out and I'm hoping to have 2 DVD's from this last tour (hopefully by the end of Summer).
I'll send you copies snail mail if they're watchable.

PS--Hi to all of my old friends here.
Also,,,..Gutterflower....if you're reading this by chance.....I don't know you but I've read some of your posts.I think your pretty fuckin' cool.
Any fan of Jimmy Page....is a friend of mine :-)
I never trusted anyone that doesn't like Jimmy Page :-)

later

Next

Return to Free for all...