Michelle Meldrum in a coma

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Secret Loser

Michelle Meldrum in a coma

Postby Hell_Tanner » Wed May 21, 2008 2:34 pm

Just read this on BLS MySpace page and for the life of me I can't remember if Michelle is Jake's Girlfriend or Gigi Hangbach.
Anyway, pretty sad news:

"The manager of former PHANTOM BLUE guitarist Michelle Meldrum — who has spent the past few years as the leader of her own band called MELDRUM — has said that Meldrum is currently in a coma in a Los Angeles hospital and hasn't been officially declared dead yet despite earlier reports to the contrary. According to Dawn Robinson of Dark Moon Entertainment, Michelle is currently in critical condition and is undergoing a number of tests which her family is hoping will result in a miracle that will allow her to "pull through." An official update regarding her status is expected sometime within the next 24 hours."

All Access Member

Re: Michelle Meldrum in a coma

Postby harddriver » Thu May 22, 2008 12:10 am

Gigi is Jake's girlfriend but this is sad news. Hope she pulls through.

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Thu May 22, 2008 2:07 am

Damn, that's really sad news :(

I think Michelle is married to John Norum.
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

All Access Member

Postby pejale » Thu May 22, 2008 3:51 pm

According to sleazeroxx.com she has unfortunately passed away.

Postby Fretman » Thu May 22, 2008 6:46 pm

Sad news....RIP.

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Fri May 23, 2008 4:42 am

39 is young - RIP Michelle :cry:

Secret Loser

Postby Hell_Tanner » Fri May 23, 2008 9:19 am

Yes, she passed away on the 21st...wow, how sad. R.I.P.

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Fri May 23, 2008 9:22 am

Here's the scoop from Melodicrock.com

MICHELLE MELDRUM PASSES AWAY:
Tragically there is yet more sad news to report with this update just in:

Hollywood (May 21, 2008) - On May 18, Michelle Meldrum, leader of the band Meldrum and former Phantom Blue guitarist, was rushed to St. Joseph's Hospital in Burbank in critical condition. She passed away late afternoon Wednesday, May 21, 2008 as a result of a cystic growth on her brain that had restricted oxygen and blood flow to her brain rendering her brain dead.
Meldrum had just completed writing and recording the bands soon to be released album with drummer Gene Hoglan, along with the new lineup Michele Madden (vocals) and Laura Christine (bass). The surviving band members plan to release the album later this year in tribute to their fallen band-mate.
Those who knew Michelle recognize that she lived every moment for the music, and was regarded as both an exceptional guitarist and a nurturer by her associates, friends, family and son. Meldrum, 39 is survived by her parents and three year old son, Jake Thomas. Her family and band members appreciate all the support that has been shown over the past few days through this trying time. A memorial tribute benefit will be announced in the following weeks.

Michelle Meldrum was born in Detroit, Michigan to a family of musicians and actors, and moved to Los Angeles, California at the age of 13. She started her career in music by forming the thrash metal band Wargod with drummer Gene Hoglan, then moved on to become both co-founder and lead guitarist in Phantom Blue. Phantom Blue released its self-titled debut album on Shrapnel Records in the U.S. (Roadrunner in Europe and Japan) and eventually landed a major label deal with Geffen.
While her career flourished, Michelle moved to Sweden to form Meldrum. After many successful tours with such acts as Motörhead and Black Label Society, she reunited with Gene in 2006 when he appeared as a guest on Meldrum album and events. Inspired to once again collaborate, Michelle moved back to America where she and Gene began and completed writing the third Meldrum album together."
R.I.P Michelle.

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Fri May 23, 2008 12:52 pm

I'm not sure who this lady is, but this is sad news. Is she married to John Norum?

~Brian~

All Access Member

Postby harddriver » Fri May 23, 2008 7:11 pm

I always remember seeing Phantom Blue in Metal Edge when i was a teenager and thinking how hot those chicks were lol. I never heard anything they played but its to bad she died so young. RIP Michelle.

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Tue May 27, 2008 5:59 pm

My heartfelt condolences goes out to Michelle MELDRUM Family and her bandmates/Gene Hoglan-drums, Madden-vocals & Laura Christine-bass of Meldrum and also to Michelle's former legendary sisters' of Phantom Blue in which she/Michelle Meldrum heavily participated in it's early foundation root years that included such an charismatic & electric lineup of musicians: Gigi Hangach-vocals, Michelle Meldrum-guitars, Nicole Couch-guitars, Kim Nielsen-bass and Linda McDonald-drums<>in whom is still very much groovin' in Phantom Blue. My heart deeply goes out to a very charismatic heavy Rockin' musician/writter that brought much inputs into those Classic/Hard & Heavy bands Phantom Blue and her own band Meldrum: I'm so sorry for your lost/she was & is an amazing guistarist<>girlfriend can certainly jam with the best of them as can her music Colleagues so mentioned above...'I found out this sadden :cry: news of musician/guitarist Michelle Meldrum's passing away through Bravewords music news Website last week just before the weekend came up and what a emotional shock it was. No doubt that the whole music community in her area: friends, music colleages & Family will keep an close eye on her/Meldrum little precious boy Jake Thomas of 3yrs old. Godbless & once again, much heartfelt condolences to the Meldrum Family in the lost of their very much beloved fame musician daughter Michelle Meldrum of MELDRUM & early PHANTOM BLUE fame. Peace & may all your heartaches be consoled always.

By the way on the Bravewords Metal news Website there's a nice set of music videos of the guitarist Michelle Meldrum playing both in Meldrum & Phantom Blue (that also includes a brief interview) and "all" the music videos seriously kick megabuns. 8O 8) :D Peace & check it out!

Return to Free for all...