I'ts about time

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

All Access Member

I'ts about time

Postby dave1021 » Wed May 21, 2008 7:32 pm

Finally, America has gotten their heads out the butts and voted for an American Idol who people are actually going to go out and see live and buy his record. I know, I know...but Idol is my only reality TV show indulgence ( guilty pleasure ). I'm just glad that a rocker finally won the show. I hope this means that America is ready to ROCK. I also think it's cool a guy named David won ( that one was in the bag ). David being my name just makes it cooler (LOL)
Later
D...
...And somebody said Fair Warning, Lord strike that poor boy down. Turned from hunted into hunter, went to hunt somebody down.--Van Halen

Killer of Giants

Re: I'ts about time

Postby Doobie » Thu May 22, 2008 6:25 am

I haven't watched Idol for several seasons now. But, it's nice to hear someone deserving won. Although I'm not a country music fan, I do think Carrie Underwood was deserving, as well. The gal does have a set of pipes on her.

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Thu May 22, 2008 9:21 am

I 100% agree. I'm still shocked that David Cook took the whole thing over little gaspy! :lol: I told my wife during the season that they should start giving junior a brown paper bag to breath into. Get a grip kid!!!! :lol:

As for Carrie Underwood. Is there a more beautiful lady in pop culture???? I think not! She can make a television melt!!!!!!!!

~Brian~

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby yellowshirtguy » Fri May 23, 2008 4:08 am

I don't watch the show anymore... I quit watching after the season where Ruben Studard won over Clay Aiken. Good to hear that someone who actually has talent one for once though :)

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Fri May 23, 2008 4:40 am

I caught the end and was a little surprised that Cook beat Archuleta - but glad. I didn't really watch this season - but would flip the channels around, have it on in in the background kind-of-thing. I wasn't impressed with any of them this year.

PoetsandMadmen wrote:I 100% agree. I'm still shocked that David Cook took the whole thing over little gaspy! :lol: I told my wife during the season that they should start giving junior a brown paper bag to breath into. Get a grip kid!!!! :lol: ~Brian~

LMAO @ Brian: 'little gaspy' :twisted: I got tired of seeing him weep all the time whenever he got a compliment from the judges lol

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Fri May 23, 2008 12:55 pm

Gutterflower wrote:I caught the end and was a little surprised that Cook beat Archuleta - but glad. I didn't really watch this season - but would flip the channels around, have it on in in the background kind-of-thing. I wasn't impressed with any of them this year.

PoetsandMadmen wrote:I 100% agree. I'm still shocked that David Cook took the whole thing over little gaspy! :lol: I told my wife during the season that they should start giving junior a brown paper bag to breath into. Get a grip kid!!!! :lol: ~Brian~

LMAO @ Brian: 'little gaspy' :twisted: I got tired of seeing him weep all the time whenever he got a compliment from the judges lol

I can't stand that little punk due to that reason! His dad didn't help matters either, wearing that stupid looking hat and smiling from ear to ear all the time.

Justice was served on Wednesday night to that family in my opinion! :lol:

~Brian~

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby JR97 » Wed May 28, 2008 2:04 pm

At least that dread lock kid didn't win. And I still don't get how the little David kid lasted so long. Too be honest, I only saw one episode.. the Neil Diamond night episode. None of them really did it for me. That blond chick from Utah did a great piano version of one of the tunes, though. But her other tune was definitely a "nightmare", as Simon said.

The David Cook guy seemed like the most marketable. I mean, how do you market Archeleta?

Return to Free for all...