Dunno if you guys have seen this?

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

Dunno if you guys have seen this?

Postby CharvelSuperStrat » Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:49 pm

Killer of Giants

Re: Dunno if you guys have seen this?

Postby MrScary1971 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:38 pm

This is from Dokken's 1986 "Unchain The Night" video. I just bought the dvd and Jeff and George always had great chemistry. If not for Jeff, George would have left the band after Tooth And Nail. They would often bring in the rcording equipment after a show and work out new ideas on a constant basis. That's what they were doing before the cameras came in.
Great dvd for any Dokken fan and especially the re-release with new Don and Mick interviews from 2007.

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:31 am

YEAH, that's one of the funniest things I've ever seen!! I actually have a copy of these hotel hysterics, and I've wondered many times how many people knew about it, given to me on a great and surprisingly professional "home-made" compilation DVD from one Gutterflower. Thanks, again, Linda! Great stuff, and I do enjoy seeing "behind the scenes" with members of one of my all-time favorite bands! ( I know, I know. Go ahead and slam me if you must, but keep in- mind that they would be my first greatest all-time band if not for the Who and Def Leppard . . . in that order. ) Thank goodness for the Who and Def Leppard, huh?!! 8)
Everyone will love you, just as long as you are a shooting star.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby JR97 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:29 am

I remember seeing that back in the 80's. The drummer in my band was a hardcore Dokken fan.

Jeff Pilson is probably one of the more talented people in the biz. Maybe not for his bass lines, but overall music and business sense. The fact that he held Dokken together for so long and helped every release be better than the previous.

I had also heard that there was a lot of bad chemistry on the Rock Star set and that "Steel Dragon" had issues because Zack Wild and Jason Bonham didn't get along and that Pilson used his Dokken days diplomacy skills pretty well to keep things on track and keep dudes from killing each other.

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:40 am

Hmmm. A lot of bad chemistry on the Rock Star set and "Steel Dragon" had issues because of . . . Zack "the ol' Ozzy trick" Wilde ( spaaaaack) LOL
Big ( or many, or whatever) kudos to Jeff Pilson! He pretty much single handedly made Dokken exciting. And, George played guitar.

Return to Free for all...