George Carlin dead at 71

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

All Access Member

George Carlin dead at 71

Postby BlackHeaven » Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:31 pm

RIP.

He will be missed.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080623/us_nm/carlin_dc

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Comedian George Carlin, a counter-culture hero famed for his routines about drugs and dirty words, died of heart failure at a Los Angeles-area hospital on Sunday, a spokesman said. He was 71.

Carlin, who had a history of heart problems, died at St. John's Health Center in Santa Monica about 6 p.m. PDT (9 p.m. EDT) after being admitted earlier in the afternoon for chest pains, spokesman Jeff Abraham told Reuters.

Known for his edgy, provocative material, Carlin achieved status as an anti-Establishment icon in the 1970s with stand-up bits full of drug references and a routine about seven dirty words you could not say on television. A regulatory battle over a radio broadcast of his "Filthy Words" routine ultimately reached the U.S. Supreme Court.

Killer of Giants

Re: George Carlin dead at 71

Postby Doobie » Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:40 am

Definitely "the pioneer".
Yes, RIP Mr. Carlin.

Killer of Giants

Postby MrScary1971 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:05 pm

An amazingly funny man who will be very sorely missed. RIP George.

Killer of Giants

Postby stratattack » Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:26 am

Life seems Less Fun Now!!!
The artist formally known as Brawler

All Access Member

Postby harddriver » Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:33 pm

He may have been " controversial " back in the 70's and 80's but hed be just another run of the mill comic nowdays. Always kind of bored me and im not gonna act like he was all that just because he died recently. I mean i always thought Sam Kinison was annoying but when he died he was blown up to be some comic legend just because he screamed all the time. Dangerfield , Prior and guys like Chris Rock are actually pretty damn funny though.

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:48 am

I always thought of legendary Comedian George Carlin as the hippest person on the planet/he and other legendary Comedian Richard Pryor in which both are amongst my favorite Comedians (my favorite favorite is Milton Berle & Red Skelton/I missed them alot!) that trickled our funny bone spines thoughout the decades since the late 60's/70's. Even though his strange/thought provoking funny messages took awhile to seek in, Comedian George Carlin contraverisal Comic will surely be missed & cherished/his works were one of a kind. Rest in peace and much condolences to the Carlin Family. 8)

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:12 pm

I am beside my self with this news! O, it hurts. I enjoyed George Carlin's humor as much as I think anyone could; his "ahead of the curve" perspectives, his brutal honesty, intuitive, courageous, and cutting - edge style of comedic brilliance will be imitated, but not diminished. He shall be missed. Glory, glory!!! Rest in peace, George Carlin :idea:
Last edited by frethead on Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:40 am, edited 4 times in total.
Everyone will love you, just as long as you are a shooting star.

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:12 pm

oops 8O
Everyone will love you, just as long as you are a shooting star.

Return to Free for all...