Purple Rainbow

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

Purple Rainbow

Postby Doobie » Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:38 am

News from Melodicrock:

INTRODUCING PURPLE RAINBOW!:
Line-Up: Joe Lynn Turner ­ Rainbow / Deep Purple; Bobby Rondinelli - Rainbow / Black Sabbath; Tony Carey - Rainbow / Planet P. Project; Craig Goldy ­ Dio / Yngwie Malmsteen.

Press Release / Purple Rainbow ­ Vintage ­ The Hardrock Years! "Purple Rainbow features an incredible line-up of musicians from the most famous bands in hard rock. They were the cornerstones of a stellar array of hard rock superbands, from Deep Purple and Rainbow to Black Sabbath and Dio.
Now the members of Purple Rainbow have fulfilled a personal and professional dream and stepped into the spotlight to present the music that is their passion. Driven by their love of performing and their desire to revive the golden years of hard rock, they're staging a return to authentic music that comes from the heart and soul. Every individual member a winner, together they're an unstoppable force. No doubt about it - this is the most spectacular new band of the year.
The list of their classic songs is never-ending - "Man on the Silver Mountain". "Stargazer" “Long Live Rock 'n' Roll”, “Smoke on the Water”, “Highway Star”, “Burn”, “Tarot Woman”…
The music is at the core of hard rock's musical heritage. The name “Purple Rainbow” says it all. Vintage hard rock from the people who invented it!
Why book a copy when you can have the real thing? This promises to be the most exciting band in a long time." Stay tuned...

Killer of Giants

Re: Purple Rainbow

Postby CharvelSuperStrat » Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:23 pm

thats cool but Joe Lynn Turner is in Big Noize too, a smiler project but with Phil Soussan (Bass) Carlos Cavazo (Guitar) and Vinny Appice (Drums). they do songs from there previous bands like Quiet Riot Ozzy Rainbow Deep Purple Dio etc why are so many of these bands? and why is Joe Lynn Turner in both of them?
"Hello this is Robbin Crosby from RATT, and when you're in your car remember to buckle up for safety, ITS THE LAW!"

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:47 pm

Who is playing guitar in the band? Goldy?

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:43 am

mrmetal wrote:Who is playing guitar in the band? Goldy?

Yep...

Joe Lynn Turner - Vocals
Bobby Rondinelli - Drums
Tony Carey - Keyboards
Craig Goldy - Guitar

No bass player mentioned.

All Access Member

Postby Charvelised » Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:35 am

Craig Goldy/Goldie Was my Fave Guitarist in 85! met him Twice once in Guifrrffiraaa? once in Dio...A Nice Guy ..VERY humble! actually a Great Guitar Player But under Ronnie's Thumb...

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:36 am

Charvelised wrote:Craig Goldy/Goldie Was my Fave Guitarist in 85! met him Twice once in Guifrrffiraaa? once in Dio...A Nice Guy ..VERY humble! actually a Great Guitar Player But under Ronnie's Thumb...

Goldy was also great with Rough Cutt ... Jake's replacement in the band.
Word is Dio was pretty much the rising force for Rough Cutt so I wouldn't find it odd if the two would cross paths again.
Had the pleasure to see that concert - Rough Cutt opening for Dio when Viv was guitarist. Kicked ass, it did!! :lol: And, I think that show ranks 3rd as being one of the loudest I've ever witnessed.

Killer of Giants

Postby CharvelSuperStrat » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:27 am

Craig has been great playing with Budgie on there Current Tour.
"Hello this is Robbin Crosby from RATT, and when you're in your car remember to buckle up for safety, ITS THE LAW!"

All Access Member

Postby Charvelised » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:31 am

Yes, I saw Some youtube Clips...He Really is a Great Player...Like all Great People he has had his Share of Problems...('Nuff Said) but I'm Looking forward to a Great Purple Rainbow Tour..(If it Happens)

Return to Free for all...