Lost Hendrix Album Found

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

Lost Hendrix Album Found

Postby CharvelSuperStrat » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:42 am

World Entertainment News Network reports that a lost album Jimi Hendrix recorded with rocker Stephen Stills has been discovered more than 30 years after it was recorded.

Stills recently found the recording among a stack of material he taped during the 1970s, and his Crosby, Stills And Nash bandmate Graham Nash is helping him prepare it for release.

Nash tells the Las Vegas Sun, "He has an enormous history of recording. In the '70s, he was a recording fool. He just found a bloody album he made with (Jimi) Hendrix.

"'Oh yeah, I forgot that.' We've got to listen to that... I want to listen to every track he ever recorded in case he recorded with Al Jolson."

Hendrix's solo work in progress at the time of his death has previously been issued as the album First Rays Of The New Rising Sun, but the news of extensive recordings with Stills is a revelation.

Stills' 1970 self-titled debut album did feature Hendrix on one track, Old Times Good Times, but now it seems that there is an album's worth of material. Stills' album also featured Eric Clapton, but it's not known whether there is attack featuring all three guitarists – Clapton has never claimed he recorded with Hendrix, even though the two.
:D :D :D :D

Killer of Giants

Re: Lost Hendrix Album Found

Postby frethead » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:30 am

O, shit. That's got to be lined with velvet! Stephen Stills laid down many of the most enjoyable lines I've heard on the guitar. To hear Jimi Hendrix jamming along with him will be waaaay cool! And to think . . . "O yeah, Eric Clapton might be in there, too.!" (snickers) WaMu!
Everyone will love you, just as long as you are a shooting star.

Secret Loser

Postby seasons » Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:07 pm

Oh Stills layed down some enjoyable lines all right!

All Access Member

Postby BlackHeaven » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:08 am

How the fuck do you lose a recording that you made with Jimi?!?!

Ozzy did more drugs than the Stones, Jimi, Led Zep, and Fleetwood Mac combined, and you can bet your sweet ass that there are no "lost" recordings with Jake or Randy (there may be unreleased material, but they sure as hell ain't lost).

I mean what in the name of holy ass fuck was Stills thinking? "Thanks for recording this album with me, Jimi. Now I'm just gonna toss this in the garage for a minute; I need to smoke a bowl and do a few lines. I'll get it to the record company for release when I'm done... sniff, sniff, puff, puff... oh that's some good shit, right there. Whoa! I'm flying with eagles and the doves with a rose in my fisted glove... hey, what in the blue fuck was I doing this whole past year?"

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:50 am

Sheez, they were all so high that I'm guessing they didn't even know who they were hanging out with. Like, "Here, sing this." "Huh? What. OK." " Teach the kids . . . wait. Shit." "Teach your . . . damn!"

Return to Free for all...