SUPERGROUP

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

All Access Member

Re: SUPERGROUP

Postby RandyRhoadsRules! » Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:46 pm

PoetsandMadmen wrote:
RandyRhoadsRules! wrote:I can't wait to see Sebastian Bach and Ted Nugent go at each other's throats

GO SEBASTIAN YOU KICK THAT REDNECK'S ASS!

What makes you think Bach and Nugent will go at each other's throats?

For some reason I have a hard time believing that Bas would want to kick Ted's ass...If I was guessing, Bas probably likes and admires Ted.

Both are equally egotistical

Postby Fretman » Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:00 pm

RandyRhoadsRules! wrote:I can't wait to see Sebastian Bach and Ted Nugent go at each other's throats

GO SEBASTIAN YOU KICK THAT REDNECK'S ASS!

You call Ted a redneck, yet if you were to give Bach and 'the redneck' IQ tests I would put my money on Ted. Hell, I think Ted would even win a spelling, math, history and science contest with Sebastain. I like them both and would would love to hear what kind of music they come up with.

Killer of Giants

Postby Rock » Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:01 pm

Deansolo wrote:Yeah!! I thought Jerry Seinfeld was a comedian! :D :P :)

Hahahaha....Dont worry, i laugh at lame jokes. But yeh should be interesting, dont know when we will get it here, or if at all. We have VH1 on cable tv, but I dont know if we get the same as u guys. :)

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Fri May 19, 2006 4:37 pm

May 16, 2006

While Ozzfest may prosper and Motley Crue shows sell out, the kingdom of hard rock still waits for a powerful force to regain dominion over the power chords cut by crunk, pop-punk, and indie rock. Fortunately, VH1 has assembled some of the heaviest rock icons, who stand ready to thrash a new trail of carnage and excess and to lead the hard rock world as their new gods of thunder.

VH1's "SuperGroup:" Ted Nugent, Scott Ian, Sebastian Bach, Evan Seinfeld and Jason Bonham, are poised to re-conquer the rock world (and hopefully spread a little debauchery in the process) in the ultimate musical experiment. Premiering Sunday May 21 at 10:00 p.m., "SuperGroup" will bring together these five hard rocking icons and present them with the opportunity to create the heaviest "SuperGroup." Ultimately viewers will see whether or not the band will come together as hard rock's saviors or simply implode.

Over a of period two weeks in Las Vegas, legendary rock manager, Doc McGhee, will shepherd the group towards their fate as hard rock heroes. As an iconic rock manager, he automatically commands the respect of the band members and is not afraid to crack the whip. He's a taskmaster with a two-week deadline that can't be missed. On day one, Doc will clearly lay out the stakes, goals, and the limited time that the SuperGroup truly has to revitalize and rule hard rock.

Their quest will culminate with a massive concert at The Empire Ballroom in Vegas. Yet the question remains, hard rock is ready to be saved, but is the "SuperGroup" ready to save hard rock?

Courtesy of www.prnewswire.com

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Sat May 20, 2006 5:35 am

As I mentioned on another thread, Bach now sees Ted as a "father figure" due to this show. Apparently Ted gets Bach off the bottle. I doubt there's too much ass-kicking going on. They may knock heads a few times but, it sounds like Ted and the others intervened with Bach's guzzling. I posted the link to that story on another thread titled "Sebastian and Ted?" (I think that's it).

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Sat May 20, 2006 5:38 am

oops, it was "sebastian and the nuge" - here's the link included on that thread from the interview with Sebastian if it's still up. www.metalsludge.tv/hom...&Itemid=42

Killer of Giants

Postby johnthebrucelee » Thu May 25, 2006 12:05 am

Dude I just watched the first part. Pretty cool! 8)

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Thu May 25, 2006 6:39 am

Reality? bah! Sounded scripted to me.

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Thu May 25, 2006 8:30 am

So, how's Jason in all of this. I really enjoy his playing, so I'm just wondering. I don't get neither VH1 or VH1Classic so I won't be able to watch this show. :-(

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:44 pm

I just watched the first 3 episodes-pretty entertaining; I don't think it's scripted. At least not much! Here are some highlights just for you, Poets:

Uhh, the name that they came up with for the band is FIST. That's right...it sounds so..Spinal Tap-ish. But it also sounds like they're gonna come to their senses and change it. Cuz that name is just...stooopid!

Sebastian is a total mandiva! He got waay bitchy because Ross Halfin was flown in from England to take some publicity shots, and Bas insisted that he had to run first. He was screaming at the publicist, and she was wiping her face from the food and spit that he got on her-ewwww! "Don't tell me how to do my job-I'm getting IN SHAPE for my gig!" and he takes off for 40 minutes.

Then it took him another two hours to blow dry his hair and put on his makeup to get ready. THEN he went to try on clothes for the shoot. Nuge was rolling his eyes, Bonham was mocking him by pretending to cry and then suck his thumb. After all of that, Bas comes out wearing this gay looking black and silver jumpsuit, unzipped all the way down the front with this silver belt. 8O What a drama queen! Later on Russ Halfin tells him to 'zip it, your body's not what it used to be!" OUCH!

Best line goes to Scott Ian: "Dude, that jump suit makes the Village People look straight!"

Actually, Jason Bonham is now the drummer for Foreigner and in the second episode had to leave to play a show. Evan threw a little fit over that. But Jason started getting numbness and tingling in his one hand "every time I hit the high hat" he told the doc at the e/r. He got an MRI done but then came back.

Scott''s girfriend is Pearl, daughter of Meatloaf. She flew in to be with him. In the limo, she said that she couldn't wait to see the house. Scott described it as: "Liberace takes a dump!" Yeaaah. It's a very gaudy, tasteless, over the top Vegas-y overblown mansion.

Previews for next week: Evan's wife Tera and Bas' wife Maria both show up and end up doing a photo shoot together, causing Bas to get greatly excited. :roll: And it looks like Evan and Bas get into a fistfight. They were rolling around the floor.

This show has been pretty entertaining! Bas is pretty rough looking in the morning (aren't we all, though), and a real pain in the ass with his 'tude. So far, the coolest guys in the supergroup are everyone NOT named Evan or Sebastian!

Their first song is called Take It Back. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, IMO.

You can see some video from the first 3 episodes here:

http://www.vh1.com/shows/dyn/supergroup/series.jhtml

"Putting together a SuperGroup is a son-of-a-bitch!" Ted Nugent

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:26 am

Gutterflower wrote:I just watched the first 3 episodes-pretty entertaining; I don't think it's scripted. At least not much! Here are some highlights just for you, Poets

Uhh, the name that they came up with for the band is FIST. That's right...it sounds so..Spinal Tap-ish. But it also sounds like they're gonna come to their senses and change it. Cuz that name is just...stooopid!

Sebastian is a total mandiva! He got waay bitchy because Ross Halfin was flown in from England to take some publicity shots, and Bas insisted that he had to run first. He was screaming at the publicist, and she was wiping her face from the food and spit that he got on her-ewwww! "Don't tell me how to do my job-I'm getting IN SHAPE for my gig!" and he takes off for 40 minutes.

Then it took him another two hours to blow dry his hair and put on his makeup to get ready. THEN he went to try on clothes for the shoot. Nuge was rolling his eyes, Bonham was mocking him by pretending to cry and then suck his thumb. After all of that, Bas comes out wearing this gay looking black and silver jumpsuit, unzipped all the way down the front with this silver belt. 8O What a drama queen! Later on Russ Halfin tells him to 'zip it, your body's not what it used to be!" OUCH!

Best line goes to Scott Ian "Dude, that jump suit makes the Village People look straight!"

Actually, Jason Bonham is now the drummer for Foreigner and in the second episode had to leave to play a show. Evan threw a little fit over that. But Jason started getting numbness and tingling in his one hand "every time I hit the high hat" he told the doc at the e/r. He got an MRI done but then came back.

Scott''s girfriend is Pearl, daughter of Meatloaf. She flew in to be with him. In the limo, she said that she couldn't wait to see the house. Scott described it as "Liberace takes a dump!" Yeaaah. It's a very gaudy, tasteless, over the top Vegas-y overblown mansion.

Previews for next week Evan's wife Tera and Bas' wife Maria both show up and end up doing a photo shoot together, causing Bas to get greatly excited. roll And it looks like Evan and Bas get into a fistfight. They were rolling around the floor.

This show has been pretty entertaining! Bas is pretty rough looking in the morning (aren't we all, though), and a real pain in the ass with his 'tude. So far, the coolest guys in the supergroup are everyone NOT named Evan or Sebastian!

Their first song is called Take It Back. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, IMO.

You can see some video from the first 3 episodes here

http//www.vh1.com/shows/dyn/supergroup/series.jhtml

"Putting together a SuperGroup is a son-of-a-bitch!" Ted Nugent
Damn Linda, are you a stenographer? Shit! You summed it up right down to the gnats ass...and even got the quotes in there! :)

Damn girl! you oughtta go work for court TV or something! :D
www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp

Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:55 am

Deansolo wrote:Damn Linda, are you a stenographer? Shit! You summed it up right down to the gnats ass...and even got the quotes in there! :)

Damn girl! you oughtta go work for court TV or something! :D

LOL

The only usable life skill I got out of high school was typing :wink:

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:18 pm

Hahaha! :D
www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp

Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:48 pm

Did anyone happen to catch the show this past weekend? OMG 8O I thought I was going to laugh my ass off!! They were still trying to come up with a band name. Sebastian, in his usual calm demeanor, was insistant upon the name of Savage Animal. The way it was released from his mouth was just tooooooo funneeeee. He was trying to be all hard core, with raised fist in air, and kept spewing the name over and over and over again ... SAVAGE ANNNNNIMAL. Funny at first then, as usual, he started grating on my nerves something horrible. Anyway, Sebastian does come up with the final name they all immediately agreed on ... Damnocracy or damocracy - however they're going to spell it.

Uncle Ted showed disgust when two of the wives did a photo shoot and shimmied out of their tops. He gave his account of how it degrades women and such.

Next week should be a good one - Ted pisses off the cook. I guess she tries to feed him some meat he didn't personally take down or something.

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:53 pm

Doobie wrote:Did anyone happen to catch the show this past weekend? OMG 8O I thought I was going to laugh my ass off!! They were still trying to come up with a band name. Sebastian, in his usual calm demeanor, was insistant upon the name of Savage Animal. The way it was released from his mouth was just tooooooo funneeeee. He was trying to be all hard core, with raised fist in air, and kept spewing the name over and over and over again ... SAVAGE ANNNNNIMAL. Funny at first then, as usual, he started grating on my nerves something horrible. Anyway, Sebastian does come up with the final name they all immediately agreed on ... Damnocracy or damocracy - however they're going to spell it.

Uncle Ted showed disgust when two of the wives did a photo shoot and shimmied out of their tops. He gave his account of how it degrades women and such.

Next week should be a good one - Ted pisses off the cook. I guess she tries to feed him some meat he didn't personally take down or something.

I have to go back and watch cuz I nodded off about half way through...but yeah...saw the whole SAVAGE ANNNNNIMAAAL bit. LMAO! As long as it's in the Kiss font, right?

Sebastian is just a walking Spinal Tap outtake :)

PreviousNext

Return to Free for all...