SUPERGROUP

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

Re: SUPERGROUP

Postby Deansolo » Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:12 am

I liked when Bohnam got up and walked out of the room when Rob Cavallo said he'd have to show him how to drum it more modern-like!

How dare that POS! :x
www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp

Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:30 am

Deansolo wrote:I liked when Bohnam got up and walked out of the room when Rob Cavallo said he'd have to show him how to drum it more modern-like!

Excuse me, but Jason Bonham doesn't need to be showed anything! What a prick!

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:52 pm

PoetsandMadmen wrote:
Deansolo wrote:I liked when Bohnam got up and walked out of the room when Rob Cavallo said he'd have to show him how to drum it more modern-like!

Excuse me, but Jason Bonham doesn't need to be showed anything! What a prick!

That's what I mean!....Rob Cavallo, Doc McGee, and those 2 publicists are a**holes IMO! It's funny...They get a bunch of veteran rockers together to write and perform some tunes....and the assholes expect Green Day! :roll:
www.cats-eyeesp.com

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:28 pm

No shit. What is up with that? If you wanted Green Day, go get some young, punk-type players and do that music. You don't go and get people like Nuge, Ian, etc and expect them not to play heavy rock. I loved Scott Ian, "I ain't playing no fucking ballad!"

Killer of Giants

Postby Rock » Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:09 am

Gutterflower wrote:
harddriver wrote:Good lineup except why do they have that wannabe loser from Biohazzard in the house. That had to be one of the worst bands to ever come out in the 90s. I could name about 1000000 bassplayers who are better than that goofy bastard. Oh and did i mention that i dont like Biohazzturd. :D

Maybe they've got him in the lineup just so they can f*ck with him. What a tool. :roll:

Hahaha Linda, reminds me of playing in bands, when we let certain chicks hang out with us, so we can fuk with them....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

All Access Member

Postby harddriver » Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:47 am

The show is starting to get kind of lame if you ask me. Ted Nugent is obviously to old and stuck in his ways to be a creative force. Bach needs to get back with Skid Row and those guys could actually still be relevant. Scott Ian seems like a nice dude but his skills dont go well with Ted's. Evan Seinfeld just plain sucks and im sick of him and his slutty wife taking up half the show. Jason Bonham is a good drummer but what the hell has he ever done besides shoot out of John Bonhams penis and play in some cheesy band that hardly anyone knows a song from. My point is that this show could have been done alot better than it has been ya know. And ditch that gay ass image consultant dude and send him to the oxygen network and let him hang out with the queer eye queenies. Anyway just my 2 cents.

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:22 am

harddriver wrote: Jason Bonham is a good drummer but what the hell has he ever done besides shoot out of John Bonhams penis and play in some cheesy band that hardly anyone knows a song from.

OMG, you sure have a way with words. TOO FUNNY!!! :lol:

and you're right...I can only think of one Bonham song. I like Jason though-he and Scott are the coolest ones on the show.

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:42 pm

What has he ever done? Well, he's the only other person on planet fucking Earth who's ever played with Led Zeppelin! That's what! :x

That's credibility enough for me!
www.cats-eyeesp.com

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:47 pm

harddriver wrote:The show is starting to get kind of lame if you ask me. Ted Nugent is obviously to old and stuck in his ways to be a creative force. Bach needs to get back with Skid Row and those guys could actually still be relevant. Scott Ian seems like a nice dude but his skills dont go well with Ted's. Evan Seinfeld just plain sucks and im sick of him and his slutty wife taking up half the show. Jason Bonham is a good drummer but what the hell has he ever done besides shoot out of John Bonhams penis and play in some cheesy band that hardly anyone knows a song from. My point is that this show could have been done alot better than it has been ya know. And ditch that gay ass image consultant dude and send him to the oxygen network and let him hang out with the queer eye queenies. Anyway just my 2 cents.

The debut Bonham album is actually a favorite of mine, but it wasn't your run of the mill, typical Poison either! The music actually has some substance to it, so that's probably why the MTV teenies didn't get it at the time when it was out. He has drummed with both UFO and still is with Foreigner. Like Dean said, he's played with Zep too.

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:16 pm

I saw Jason Bonham play when he toured with Jimmy Page on the Outrider tour in 1988. Excellent show, culminating in Page playing an instrumental Stairway To Heaven. I'll never forget that-the entire stadium stood and sang that song the whole way through, thousands of lighters in the air.

All Access Member

Postby harddriver » Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:42 pm

OK OK OK OK im sorry i didnt know he jammed with Led Fuckin Zepplin and did all of his DAD's old songs. And now hes with Foreigner ( seeing them at the State Fair on Aug 16th :D ) that NEW band that hes the original drummer for ( Foreigner cover band featuring Mick Jones ) And as far as Poison not having any substance ( Im not a fan seriously im not. :lol: ) which most of their songs are downright chessy tounge and cheek i dont see Bonham doing a 20th ANNIVERSARY TOUR FEATURING CINDERELLA and selling OUT AMPITHEATERS WORLDWIDE :wink: ( I had to do it sorry ) and he played with UFO huh ? Well i bet i can find more people that have seen an actual UFO and been abducted by aliens than have any clue he was in that band. Hey im not saying hes not a cool dude and he is a good drummer but they could have done a little better than him and that freak Seinfeld. Anyway quit picking on me because im like really tough and i know yoga and stuff and il find all of you i swear :wink:

Postby Fretman » Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:44 pm

Gutterflower wrote:I saw Jason Bonham play when he toured with Jimmy Page on the Outrider tour in 1988. Excellent show, culminating in Page playing an instrumental Stairway To Heaven. I'll never forget that-the entire stadium stood and sang that song the whole way through, thousands of lighters in the air.

I saw that when it came through Houston...great show.

There's a heap of bands that would give their left nut to have Jason Bonham as their drummer. Anyone questioning his skills don't understand the drums.

All Access Member

Postby harddriver » Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:52 pm

Im not questioning his skills at all and i do think he is a good drummer. I just think (IMO) that they could have found another more well known drummer to satisfy the VH1 audience because you know most of those people dont know shit about music. Like i said before im not knocking the guy but hes no Rikki Rocket ( Poison Drummer on tour with Brett, Bobby and C.C. this summer on their 20th anniversary tour whick will lack alot of substance :wink: ) but then again theres only one Ricki Rocket ( Thank God for That :D )

Postby Fretman » Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:56 pm

harddriver wrote:Im not questioning his skills at all and i do think he is a good drummer. I just think (IMO) that they could have found another more well known drummer to satisfy the VH1 audience because you know most of those people dont know shit about music. Like i said before im not knocking the guy but hes no Rikki Rocket ( Poison Drummer on tour with Brett, Bobby and C.C. this summer on their 20th anniversary tour whick will lack alot of substance :wink: ) but then again theres only one Ricki Rocket ( Thank God for That :D )

You are correct...there can only be one Ricki Rocket. :lol:

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:17 pm

harddriver wrote:Im not questioning his skills at all and i do think he is a good drummer. I just think (IMO) that they could have found another more well known drummer to satisfy the VH1 audience because you know most of those people dont know shit about music. Like i said before im not knocking the guy but hes no Rikki Rocket ( Poison Drummer on tour with Brett, Bobby and C.C. this summer on their 20th anniversary tour whick will lack alot of substance :wink: ) but then again theres only one Ricki Rocket ( Thank God for That :D )

They probably tried for Riki but he was too busy getting ready for his 20TH ANNIVERSARY TOUR EXTRAVAGANZA WITH CINDERELLA to waste his time on VH1. :roll: And he probably wanted a fancier house, being such a bigtime famous drummer and all.

LOL!! (couldn't resist, dude!)

PreviousNext

Return to Free for all...