new releases

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Rock N' Roll Rebel

new releases

Postby guitarninja » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:47 pm

new music many of you may find worth the listen:
Armored Saint-La Raza, very strong performance throughout, well worth a listen.
Scorpions-Sting in the tail, pretty well rounded, actually sounds like the record that should have followed Love at First Sting.
Slash-self titled, this turned out better than I thought it would, the performance and vibe is pretty darn awesome. He may be the truest guitar hero of the last 20 years.
Black Tide-Light from above, a guy from work stumbled across these guys and turned me onto them. I just picked up the disc today and they are pretty cool, gotta put it in the car and let it absorb some more, but after the first listen I was happy with it.
Just my opinion on some new tunes thought I would pass it along to some others. For my money, 2010 is shaping up to be a great year for hard rock and metal. I think '91 was the last time so many bands I like laid it down hard in the same year. Would like to hear from anyone who has also heard some of these releases.
Thanks
(Jake, we are hungry for your riffage , bring real music back-please)

All Access Member

Re: new releases

Postby Shadow » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:44 pm

I wouldn't mind seeking out the new SCORPIONS album "Sting In the Tail" once it's release in the USA. There's a couple of new recordings/Cd's on my list for 2010 but there pretty difficult to get a hold of especially so when FYI Store(s) in the West Coast all closed shop...'which I'd liked to shop at. Now it's only like BestBuy but they don't carry "all" the music genres like TOWER's & FYI did. So it's difficult finding that record you want so much...'and I don't like buying online, don't trust it. Tried it once but it didn't work for me: so that's why I like actually seeing/buying the product in the Record Merchandise Stores and feel that BestBuy can do that! Anyway, pretty cool music list above...'hope you find all your music treasures :!: Peace.

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:42 am

The release date for Iron Maiden's new studio album The Final Frontier is now confirmed for Monday 16th August. The new album features artwork illustrated by Melvyn Grant and, to mark the occasion, the band have made special arrangements for one new album track 'El Dorado' to be made available Worldwide as a FREE digital download MP3 with immediate effect - www.ironmaiden.com.

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:01 am

That's cool Armored Saint has something new coming out.

Melodic Rock gave the Scorpions release a positive review.

All Access Member

Postby tedeeoo » Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:15 pm

I've heard the Armored Saint cd is really strong, have always thought it would be cool for Jake to do something with John Bush.

Secret Loser

Postby alfamy1 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:49 am

tedeeoo wrote:I've heard the Armored Saint cd is really strong, have always thought it would be cool for Jake to do something with John Bush.

:!: :!: :!:

I say JOE LYNN TURNER FOR JAKE E !!!!

HE'S GOT MELODY AND INTENSITY -SIMPLY A TOP VOCALIST ......and so he seems to be a nice and reasonable guy,too
or WHAT ABOUT PAUL DI'ANNO(this guy was 10times better for Maiden,period

:!: :!: :!:
Last edited by alfamy1 on Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
#### WOOD LOVE TO SEE JAKE E SURROUNDED WITH
LOADS OF EFFECTS AND MUSIC INSTRUMENTZ LIKELY A MUSIC-LABORATORY !! ####

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby guitarninja » Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:03 pm

La Raza, the new release from Armored Saint is really good. It ranks very near Symbol of Salvation. In fact, song for song, LaRaza may actually be stronger. These guys are like Savatage, for some reason they never broke through like they should have. Hard to figure bands like Poison and Warrant with ultra questionable musicianship would achieve so much success, while bands like Savatage and Armored Saint struggled to get a decent record deal and some airplay.
Anywho, pick up the new Saint it's well worth it
Oh yeah, you can also pick up Festival from John Oliva's Pain too!!!

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:55 pm

guitarninja wrote:Hard to figure bands like Poison and Warrant with ultra questionable musicianship would achieve so much success, while bands like Savatage and Armored Saint struggled to get a decent record deal and some airplay.

:idea: TOTALLY agree! :idea:

Killer of Giants

Postby MrScary1971 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:23 pm

guitarninja wrote:La Raza, the new release from Armored Saint is really good. It ranks very near Symbol of Salvation. In fact, song for song, LaRaza may actually be stronger. These guys are like Savatage, for some reason they never broke through like they should have. Hard to figure bands like Poison and Warrant with ultra questionable musicianship would achieve so much success, while bands like Savatage and Armored Saint struggled to get a decent record deal and some airplay.
Anywho, pick up the new Saint it's well worth it
Oh yeah, you can also pick up Festival from John Oliva's Pain too!!!

For fans looking for more of a Savatage sounding album i would suggest "Maniacal Renderings" from Jon Oliva's Pain. But Guitarninja is right about "Festival", it is very good.

Here is a great tune from "Global Warning" called Firefly.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDD5b884ERc

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:06 am

Doobie wrote:
guitarninja wrote:Hard to figure bands like Poison and Warrant with ultra questionable musicianship would achieve so much success, while bands like Savatage and Armored Saint struggled to get a decent record deal and some airplay.

:idea: TOTALLY agree! :idea:

"Ultra questionable musicianship" Hah -haah -haah -haaah -haaah! O, man! Thanks, that has really made my day! LMBO
Everyone will love you, just as long as you are a shooting star.

All Access Member

Postby tedeeoo » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:14 am

I always liked Savatage to, "Hall of the Mountain King" is one of my 9 year old son's favorite songs. Armored Saint was/is just great to me, I have always just loved John's voice, there's just something about his vocal tone to me that to me would mix well with Jake's playing. Two great bands for sure.

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:46 pm

Not freshly new but, track #9 (Toccata - Carpimum Noctem) from TSO's Night Castle 2009 release ROCKKKKKKKKKKKKS.

Killer of Giants

Postby Rock » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:32 am

I am loving the new Ozzy album, love the new guitarist, doing some really cool work. :)

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:43 pm

Sorry, I have not brought any new recordings as of late...'it's just been movie this and movie that or a book or two! It just been that time of year but I do have heavy interest on quite some heavy-talented bands making their mark out there I like IN THIS MOMENT, BLACK RIVER-this is ORION's band I like that song "Free Man", BLASKO (he should have his own band, I miss seeing him in ROB ZOMBIE), AUDREY HORNE, to name a few I'm looking forward to hearing their new recordings/albums. I did purchase a very treasure vintage RARE EARTH Collection titled escape's right now: it has to do something with the dirt of the Earth. So I'm diggin' that! Peace.

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:00 pm

It's titled "Fill Your Head With Dirt" RARE EARTH and it contains Classic Soul/Jam early works with MOTOWN Records. It's a Soul jamming vintage treasure on them - finally after so many years to hear "Any Man Can Be a Fool" from the "One World" recordings for I only have that in vinyle. Anyway, it brings back warm memories of my childhood when I listern to legendary Soul Jammers RARE EARTH.

Next

Return to Free for all...