new releases

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

Re: new releases

Postby mrmetal » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:48 am

Treat has released a new album and I am digging it. Some really great songs on this one. Good rockin' songs and of course the power ballad type songs are on here as well... if you like melodic-AOR-type hard rock, I would recommend it. The album cover is kind of cool too:

Secret Loser

Postby alfamy1 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:56 pm

mrmetal wrote:Treat has released a new album and I am digging it. Some really great songs on this one. Good rockin' songs and of course the power ballad type songs are on here as well... if you like melodic-AOR-type hard rock, I would recommend it. The album cover is kind of cool too:

Hrmmm TREAT hrmmm Treat ,Treat … so I checked Wipi again Some american ppl apparently knows Swedish bands more than I :D lol great!…a bit embarrassing though I forgot :oops: or was I just into NWOBHM very much :!: TREAT'S Björn ”Nalle” Påhlsson – Bass (2005–) was in my best friends band in the 80s-he had beard then :lol:
#### WOOD LOVE TO SEE JAKE E SURROUNDED WITH
LOADS OF EFFECTS AND MUSIC INSTRUMENTZ LIKELY A MUSIC-LABORATORY !! ####

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:00 pm

LOL... Have you heard of Work Of Art? They are another one of my favorites from Sweden. The guitar player, Robert Sall, also did W.E.T. with Jeff Scott Soto. He is an excellent guitar player and very nice guy.

Secret Loser

Postby alfamy1 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:16 am

mrmetal wrote: LOL... Have you heard of Work Of Art? They are another one of my favorites from Sweden. The guitar player, Robert Sall, also did W.E.T. with Jeff Scott Soto. He is an excellent guitar player and very nice guy.

I'm amazed…I guess wipi is very much of an asset for me to check :mrgreen: …. LOL no I didn't know about them :arrow: ssshhiiihssss J.S SOTO there -that guy's got pipes + has been improving alot.too (another one…JakeE !!!) . and curious do U know Robert Säll=Sall personally`? I checked his myspace ,doesen't stay were he's living
PS tumbleweeds rocks in tx !!
:D

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:16 am

No, I don't know him personally, but we corresponded through email a couple of times. I was impressed that he took the time to send me a message back and forth and tell me how he set up his recording rig doing the Work of Art album.

LOL.... I live in Houston, so there are not very many tumbleweeds here in this part of TX. :-)

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:00 pm

That's a very cool photo Art Sleeve of the band your diggin' now TREAT...'very clever. Have a great one, Mr. Metal!

Secret Loser

Postby alfamy1 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:07 pm

LOL what about ''a tumbleweed connection '' the title of an old Elton John record and so tumbleweedz are shown at the Badlands - Mtv-vid or ''The making of the ''Last Time''- i like these flying funny things lol :lol: :lol: :lol: !!! well atleast some of them should fly over the huge Huston city-or are perhaps getting stuck before ...Great u have gotten that contact w/ Säll itz not that easy , i think !
Here i got another swedish cd-release in apr 2010 »Generation Wild« OF Crashdïet ,, :lol: supporting ozzy
8O :arrow:
Last edited by alfamy1 on Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:47 am

Crash Diet is a fun band..... my teenage son loves them!

Killer of Giants

Postby MrScary1971 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:19 am

Has anyone checked out any of the following?

Iron Maiden - The Final Frontier
Filter - The Trouble With Angels
Deftones - Diamond Eyes
S.T.P. - Self-titled

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:16 pm

..'Sorry, MrScary I have not and out of the one's you've suggested: IRON MAIDEN would be the one I would put on my list of new albums to get but at the moment I'm in high gear of wanted the new ROB ZOMBIE album (I like him! I just wish "Blasko" was still in the band...'anywhere I'll track down where he went/I thin his in OZZY's band but I want him to have his own band)...'anyway, I want Rob ZOMBIE's, BLACK RIVER (Orion's band, I lov' him!), and another band that someone here brought to my attention their name has something to do with water too oh yeah BLACK WATER...-their a Southern heavy Rock Solid Band. I want their new album, too. smile. Hopefully next time I'll have one of these ruby treasures in my procession. Wish me luck! :D Take care.

Killer of Giants

Postby Rock » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:51 pm

Hahaha, I am such fkn Facebook addict, I come in to forums, and got to hit the "LIKE" button, but there isnt one, u have to actually post something, having said that.

I had Treats first album back in the earlys 80's I think on cassete, havnt heard of them since, but I have discovered Disturbed through my girlfriend Willow. Love it, fkn rocks and something different for me. :)

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:26 pm

Yeah, DISTURBED have a killer ablum out and love the Cover Art to it: definately look forward in purchasing that one, too! It's difficult finding BLACK RIVER but I will find it..'proberly have to order it and that BLACK WATER RISING it was there one moment and went to get it and it was gone!!! So I have to wait for new arrivals to ship in. I'm patient. peace!

Killer of Giants

Postby MrScary1971 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:57 pm

Shadow wrote:..'Sorry, MrScary I have not and out of the one's you've suggested: IRON MAIDEN would be the one I would put on my list of new albums to get but at the moment I'm in high gear of wanted the new ROB ZOMBIE album (I like him! I just wish "Blasko" was still in the band...'anywhere I'll track down where he went/I thin his in OZZY's band but I want him to have his own band)...'anyway, I want Rob ZOMBIE's, BLACK RIVER (Orion's band, I lov' him!), and another band that someone here brought to my attention their name has something to do with water too oh yeah BLACK WATER...-their a Southern heavy Rock Solid Band. I want their new album, too. smile. Hopefully next time I'll have one of these ruby treasures in my procession. Wish me luck! :D Take care.

Maiden is good but a bit boring at times. The songs are long and take time getting the better moments. New Zombie? He is re-releasing HellBilly Deluxe 2 with four new "heavier" songs on it. Black Water Rising is a great old school record and worth the purchase. Don't like the new S.T.P. at all. They just rip off David Bowie, Mott The Hoople, and Aerosmith on the new release.

Previous

Return to Free for all...