Been a long time since I rock and rolled....

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

Been a long time since I rock and rolled....

Postby mrmetal » Tue May 18, 2010 7:31 am

How has everyone been? I told you guys I would be back. :twisted:

Who is still here? Jake (Fretman)? Shadow? Rock? GutterFlower? Doobie? Anyone I missed?

Re: Been a long time since I rock and rolled....

Postby Fretman » Tue May 18, 2010 2:24 pm

Whatup bro? I still lurk around here a bit...good to see you again.

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Wed May 19, 2010 6:51 am

Hi Jake. Good to see you again as well. I wasn't sure if Jeff still had the site going, but it looks like there are still some old timers and some new members as well. I also see Linda's music thread is alive and well. :-) Awesome.

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Fri May 21, 2010 5:05 pm

HI, MR. METAL...-What a wonderful surprise. :P Welcome back and I hope everything is fine with you & Family. We missed you dearly, I for one :!: Big hugs to you. :wink:

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Vernon » Sat May 22, 2010 5:51 pm

Hey Mr. Metal,
Don't often come here but with Dio's passing I have been thinking alot about you this past week Brother.
I was very aware of how much he ment to you as well as many of my other close friends.
Because of my friends and because of Ronnie himself....I grew to love him very much too.

I have a new girlfriend and she turned the radio as the report of Dio's passing...when it came on last Sunday.
She gave me another day of peace.....I love her for that.
I found out last Monday and I am not ashamed to admit I spent a few hours crying very hard that night.

I wrote Dio and Wendy a long letter last December when I found out about Dio's health.

Anyway....I'll probably start crying again if I write anymore now.
My emotions are still hard to cope with and I feel that with Dio gone....a huge part of me and my childhood are gone now too.
So I tell myself I'm crying more for myself and not for Ronnie.

Just wanted to let you know that although we never met.....I love you like a Brother and you were one of the first people that popped into my head when I heard Ronnie was sick and then again when he left us.

Sorry Brother....
If I could hug you.....I would.
I'm going on a trip next week but write when you can and I'll get back to you after memorial day.
later,
Vernon

Killer of Giants

Postby Rock » Sun May 23, 2010 8:25 pm

Hey MrMetal, how ya been, and where have you been? Good to see ya. :)

Postby skezza » Mon May 24, 2010 3:01 am

Hey Metal,
I'm still here, nodding my head around every so often :)
WWW.ULTIMATERHOADS.COM - Randy Rhoads Website!

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Tue May 25, 2010 2:57 am

Hi, Mr.Metal - glad to see you're back! I lurk every once in a while, too ... hope all is well with you 8)

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Tue May 25, 2010 7:12 am

Hey everybody... well I am doing good. I work quite a bit these days, wearing polo shirts and button down oxfords with slacks much of the day as opposed to having the long hair and jeans attire that I wore for so long.

I took my kids to see Kiss and ACDC last year, so I am still doing my best to keep them in tune to real music. My son actually asked me to teach him the solo to Detroit Rock City after that show, so I showed him the solo, he learned it in a couple of hours, and then I harmonized it with him. So that was a proud father moment for me.

I did get divorced last year, but that's ok, things just didn't work out, it happens sometimes. When one life door closes, a new one appears with new opportunities. Things will work out the way they are supposed to - firm believer in that.

Vernon, my buddy for what? 10 years now? I have a new email and phone number, so I would love to touch base with you again my friend. Yes, Ronnie's passing has definitely been a bummer for me because I think he was the best singer in rock/metal bar none. How many people can say they have fronted a band with Ritchie Blackmore AND Tony Iommi AND had a successful solo career? Not many! So, he will be missed and it is really sad that there will be no more new music for his magical vocals to soar over.

I don't play much these days - except to noodle around and jam with friends. I do get asked all the time to join bands and projects in the area, but I just don't have the time, desire, passion , whatever.... I just like to go and watch these days.

Shadow, always great to hear from you... I did get your email during the holidays and I meant to get back to you, but that account closed and didn't get around to it, my apologies. Thank you for the kind thoughts and words.

Linda, we are facebook friends now.... that is awesome! lol... hopefully your boy Roethlisberger will stay out of trouble for the upcoming season.

Rock, got your request too.... good to see you are still rocking. Maybe one day I will again. We will see.

Good to see you again to skeeza. Same icon and all!

Well that is a little synopsis of what and how I have been doing. I am looking forward to hanging with you guys again on JakeTalk.

All Access Member

Postby harddriver » Wed May 26, 2010 9:50 pm

Wusup Metal Dude :D Long time no see . And for the record i always hated Poison but everybody always got mad when i brought them up so i kept doing it :lol: good to hear from ya.

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Thu May 27, 2010 12:55 pm

harddriver wrote:Wusup Metal Dude :D Long time no see . And for the record i always hated Poison but everybody always got mad when i brought them up so i kept doing it :lol: good to hear from ya.

And that was AWESOME! :lol: Good to hear from you to bro. I look forward to more CC Deville praises from you!

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Thu May 27, 2010 3:49 pm

:o Oh, my you were going through a trying moment(s) there, Mr. Metal: I had no ideal the seriousness of it. I'm thrilled that you came through the storms and am sadden over the divorce/that's pretty heavy news but I'm glad to hear that everything is going smooth sailing now with your new job in all and keeping active with your daughter & sons. I still see them being very small & sweet but I bet their pretty big now! AND alot of questions, too...'yeah Teen youth is grand huh? Anyway, you can handle it...'smile. Your new job sounds engageing Polo shirts in all and all the best with that 'cause you so deserve it, Walter/Mr. Metal...'your smart as a whip & very intelligent and pretty cool musician, too. :wink: Keep up the good works and glad to have you back until next time chat @ ya, later. Yes, it is quite heartbreaking that the Master Dragon Prince DIO passed away much to soon: Although he'd lived a full circle life, he wanted to continue his Epic storyline of MAGICA Part 2 I bet it's in vintage DIO storage/with a hopeful release in the future. :D Peace and take care, chat at ya later.

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Sun May 30, 2010 4:42 pm

Hey MRMetal, I've been hiding out some myself. Good to see you, bud.

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:09 am

frethead wrote:Hey MRMetal, I've been hiding out some myself. Good to see you, bud.

Same to you mate.

Killer of Giants

Postby Rock » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:02 pm

Hey mate, I went through all that divorce thing etc, I am a single dad, have been for 8 years, have my sweet gf too, but I gave up playing for a couple of years till I got my head around everything, but u will be back, just time, thats all. Take care mate. :)

Return to Free for all...