our least favorite players

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Rock N' Roll Rebel

our least favorite players

Postby guitarninja » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:34 pm

well we all know who we like and value as guitar players on this board,
but who are the ones we don't like . doesn't have to be a slag-fest, just curious.
who else can't stand c.c. deville and the two faux players from warrant.
food for thought
the metal saint

Killer of Giants

Re: our least favorite players

Postby CharvelSuperStrat » Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:12 am

I don`t think anyone likes c.c. deville and the two faux players from warrant cos Poison and Warrent suck.
"Hello this is Robbin Crosby from RATT, and when you're in your car remember to buckle up for safety, ITS THE LAW!"

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:37 am

I can usually find something about any professional guitarist that I like. But The Edge is one I simply cannot understand why so many think he is this awesome guitarist. Take away his delay pedal and he is pretty lame.

Postby skezza » Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:25 am

CharvelSuperStrat wrote:I don`t think anyone likes c.c. deville and the two faux players from warrant cos Poison and Warrent suck.

I'd disagree with C.C. He ain't a great player, but I still think his solo in Every Rose Has Its Thorn is just so melodic, I got to respect him for that. I've not listened to enough Warrant.

At MrMetal:
Spot on. Absolutely spot on. The Edge, how did that clown ever make it famous? He must have just picked it out of a lucky bag. His sound is just layered delay with a bit of chorus. He has no real style and his attempts at something slightly different just end up sounding the same. Bill Bailey got it right:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6Go2DK9VtQ

A few I don't like:
Noel Gallagher - Famously wired his pedals the wrong way round on the first album, not because he was inventive or clever... Simply because he was completely incompetent. Also he famously said "scales are for fish". He plays the same chord progressions in every song with the same bluesy bridge solo which just leaves me cold (see Oasis cover Cum on Feel the Noize).

Matt Bellamy - This clown was rated as the best guitarist of last decade. The short list must have been very short or he must have sucked off the editor. The guy has a great voice and is a decent pianist, but his guitar skills are fairly average and just a make up of effects. Not only that, people call him distinctive and special because he uses things like pitch shifter pedals and what not... Steve Vai and Paul Gilbert were using pitch pedals 25 years ago... How is Matt Bellamy any better? It is a freaking joke and it makes my blood boil.

Alex Turner - Horrible guitar tone inspired by as much brick wall compression as you can get. Very simple riffs and even simpler solos. Total arse of a person as well.

Dave Grohl - A Drummer is a Drummer. Stick to it.

The Jonas Brothers (in general) - All three of these shits play guitar don't they? Or is it two? Yeah, need I say more. I mean, any band made by the Disney channel has to suck and these really do don't they?

And the one that always gets a bad response...

Tom Morello - Just because he makes weird squeals and sounds that a guitar wasn't designed to make doesn't make him inventive. Rage's appeal was definitely (in my opinion) their front man, not their distinctly average guitarist.

Sorry if I've offended anyone :P :lol:
WWW.ULTIMATERHOADS.COM - Randy Rhoads Website!

Killer of Giants

Postby CharvelSuperStrat » Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:47 pm

skezza wrote:
Tom Morello - Just because he makes weird squeals and sounds that a guitar wasn't designed to make doesn't make him inventive. Rage's appeal was definitely (in my opinion) their front man, not their distinctly average guitarist.

Now its on!! I agree with the rest but Tom Morello is a great guitar player! and the fact that he made so many sounds from the guitar that others hadn't prior does make him innovative! not to mention he`s written some great riffs and solos!

Shame on you Skezza for mentioning Tom Morello in the same post as the......Jonas Brothers (shudder) 8O
"Hello this is Robbin Crosby from RATT, and when you're in your car remember to buckle up for safety, ITS THE LAW!"

All Access Member

Postby tedeeoo » Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:38 pm

Easily the worst "famous" guitarist I've ever heard is George Thoroughgood, the "Edge" would make that list also, but he's not even close to George.

Postby skezza » Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:59 pm

tedeeoo wrote:Easily the worst "famous" guitarist I've ever heard is George Thoroughgood, the "Edge" would make that list also, but he's not even close to George.
I'd argue that, George is a great player in my opinion. Just sloppy.
WWW.ULTIMATERHOADS.COM - Randy Rhoads Website!

All Access Member

Postby tedeeoo » Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:01 pm

Oh come on!!! He knows an open tuning and 2 slide licks, he lucked out and wrote one decent riff and he's seen as a "great" musician. Jake would wax his ass on slide, as well as anything else, I remember one time on some awards show he and Stevie Ray did a tribute to Chuck Berry and SRV just annihilated George, and SRV was obviously "bombed" out of his mind when he did it!!!! But, having said all of that, you are entitled to your opinion, lol!!!!!

Not dogging you man, I'm just not much of a Thoroughgood fan (not that that's obvious or anything, lol!!!!). Of course George has sold at least 1 million records, (lol!!) and I work in a medical lab so what do I know. lol!!!!

Secret Loser

Postby alfamy1 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:39 pm

I WILL OFFEND EVERY ONE IN DA WORLD SAYING STEVE VAI IS TOO MUCH OF A POSER,,,,, WELL I SAID ONCE HE IS LIKE A X-MAS TREE FOR THE GUITAR WORLD-HE IS MAKING HIM HEARD :!: AND WITH YOUR U.S NATIONAL HYMN PLAYING CRAZY !! I COMPARED HIM HOW HE CULD PLAY A MALMSTEEN-TUNE AND THAT DIDN’T IMPRESS ME THE SLIGHTEST HE JUST MADE SOME SHORT-CUTS I M CALLING IT. THE TRUTH ABOUT MALMSTEEN -HE CANT PLAY BLUES ,LIKE IN G3 w/ VAI AND SATRIANI-THAT’S IT !!
SO YUP I CAN'T STAND OASIS AND SO THIS Big-4 -STYLE EITHER -OR GIVE ME A MELODIC PLAYER WIF NO VOCALS :mrgreen:

WHATS '' THE BEST GUITARIST VS THE MOST POPULAR'' I WONDER IS THE BEST EQUAL TO THE MOST POPULAR BAND/GUITARIST….I GUESS NO, BUT STILL, I DONT THINK SLASH IS ''THE BEST''

BTW THERE ARE DISCUSSIONS ON THE OZZY VIDS AT YT,,, COME ON PPL HOW CAN U COMPARE A TEENAGE GIRL-IDOL-POPPY POP TO HEAVYMETAL OR DITTO ??? J-BROTHERS , MILEY, BIEBER, BRITNEY, ETC LOL DU U LISTEN TO IT AT ALL :?: -I JUST SEEN THE NAMES THAT’S Y
Last edited by alfamy1 on Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
#### WOOD LOVE TO SEE JAKE E SURROUNDED WITH
LOADS OF EFFECTS AND MUSIC INSTRUMENTZ LIKELY A MUSIC-LABORATORY !! ####

All Access Member

Postby Charvelised » Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:51 am

I would Say Mick Mars and Brad Gillis!
Skezza are you on EVERY forum in the world!..
I have just been search for some info on a guitar I just bought and your name pops up several times!...Guitar choas included!

All Access Member

Postby harddriver » Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:56 pm

Edge definately :x I absolutely hate that chode. Ive always hated Malmsteen as well . Wes Boreland , Ritchie Blackmoore , Both of the slags in Warrant just to name a few.

Killer of Giants

Postby CharvelSuperStrat » Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:07 am

I agree Steve Vai Sucks! Im not a limp bizkit fan but i like Wes Borland. and Ritchie Blackmore? how could you possibly say he sucks?

All Access Member

Postby Charvelised » Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:01 am

Ritchie Blackmore!!! you are Joking! I think harddriver is being controversial again!...Too me Blackmore Is way better than Hendrix and Townsend (all the revered contemporaries)...if one listens to the Stuff before Purple He was Certainly ahead of his Time...although got stuck in the 70's and now the it's 1470's!

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:18 am

Steve Vai does not suck. Evidently a lot of people here hasn't checked out his G3 solos?? Wasn't much of a fan before I saw those.

Pete Townsend ... there's a slag IMO.

Killer of Giants

Postby CharvelSuperStrat » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:12 am

Blasphemy! Pete Townsend is great!

Steve Vai is a douche! hes sooooo full of himself! he even talks in the 3rd person! lame! Steve Vai aint got nothing on John Petrucci or Satch.

Next

Return to Free for all...