guitar world strikes again

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Rock N' Roll Rebel

guitar world strikes again

Postby guitarninja » Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:19 pm

well the new issue of guitar world is out featuring ozzy on the cover with his new guitar slinger, gus g. and like every other time they feature ozzy and his previous guitarists, they mention iommi, rhoads, wylde while the jake years are completely over-looked. mind you this is on the cover, i did not have time to skim through the article, so if anyone has read this yet please advise.
wasn't it guitar world a few years ago that showed a picture of iommi's sg next to randy's jackson, next to zakk's bulls-eye les paul on the cover without jake's "mongrel strat". the lack of respect this guy gets after all these years still blows my mind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
the metal saint

Killer of Giants

Re: guitar world strikes again

Postby MrScary1971 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:39 pm

Yah I noticed that too but Gus says some good things about Jake in the article. To be honest only people that know what the hell their talking about would notice Jake's omission on the cover. Sadly, to the average fan I think Jake's contributions to guitar are sadly overlooked despite amazing BATM, and Ultimate Sin recordings with Ozzy. Jake probably hasn't sold enough covers of the mag to be included with the other three but that's stupid imo. The BATM solo is the best Ozzy solo bar none and BATM is one of Ozzy's best. They dropped the ball here.

All Access Member

Postby tedeeoo » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:01 pm

Judging from the amount of flak GW is getting on some other sites ( Blabbermouth in particular) for their cover "omission" of Jake, I bet their e-mail and mail bag is getting hammered. As much as I love the 2 albums he did with Ozzy, and think he should always be mentioned in that legacy, to me his best playing was with Badlands. Somehow, I doubt Jake is to worried about it (and I don't mean that in a bad way) :)

All Access Member

Postby tedeeoo » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:03 pm

Oh, and kudos to Gus G. for the nice words about Jake, Gus is a really good player who hopefully will be around long enough to "write" an album with Ozzy and not just play on one.

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:29 pm

And I wonder, what is up with that? Jake made two albums with Ozzy, same as Randy did, and they were both excellent albums. Is it that hard to mention Jake E Lee or put a friggin photo of him on the cover?

All Access Member

Postby Charvelised » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:37 pm

Now Ozzy is a "CELEBRITY.".and the worst kind! I guess those Albums were when He (ozzy) was not Welcome in USA (Drugs..Alamo Beating his wife up ETC) So those Years are Glossed over (although I assume his biggest Money Makers!)....I never saw Ozzy Pulling Brad Gillis' hair or Randy or Zakk around the stage...I guess a bad time had by all and Long forgotten....except for those of us who bought the Stuff..Although I never Did...I Never Liked Ozzy...even less now he has become a Living Comedy

Killer of Giants

Postby MrScary1971 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:43 pm

Ozzy haters have always pointed out that the guitar players have made his career. Jake was in Dio before Ozzy but he was much more successful with Ozzy. Like it or not Ozz gets more out of his musicians and he does so because he always knew his singing wasn't going to bring people to the arenas. His persona, stage presence, and top notch guitar players were most of the reason for his solo success. The fact he was an integral of Sabbath and very successful as a solo act is more than mere luck. The fact he has been able to capitalize on his strengths and identify his weaknesses is part and parcel to his success.

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:19 am

I can't believe that is Gus G on the Ozzy album. I couldn't listen to it after hearing the other badass stuff he has done. Jeez... the Ozzy gig must pay good because Firewind, Mystic Prophecy, NightRage, and Dream Evil had some stellar guitar work on it.

Too bad the Ozzy camp won't let him capitalize on Gus' genius.

Killer of Giants

Postby MrScary1971 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:32 am

Scream was written before Gus came into the band unfortunately. He sounds way too much like Zakk on Scream but it's the best Ozzy release since Ozzmosis. I think Ozzy should let Gus loose on the next album and so far Ozzy plans on making two more. Digging Me Down, Time, Crucify, Soulsucker, and I Want It More are much better than the first single Let Me Hear You Scream.

Secret Loser

Postby alfamy1 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:41 pm

....... L :lol: L ! about ozzy not mention jake e in any credits...this like a divorce or ditto ...i hope u know what im getting at -my theory when nothing else cant be explained /reasons
jake walked away from dio for personal and musical diffs. On the other hand dio didnt want him to be as jake ewas/is , not stiff like...hrrm iommi...
gus g is average-ok, comparing to such giants like randy and jakee, period

:mrgreen:
#### WOOD LOVE TO SEE JAKE E SURROUNDED WITH
LOADS OF EFFECTS AND MUSIC INSTRUMENTZ LIKELY A MUSIC-LABORATORY !! ####

Return to Free for all...