So, watched the Runaways movie this weekend...

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

So, watched the Runaways movie this weekend...

Postby mrmetal » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:01 am

Very good movie to watch, but one thing I didn't understand is why they reduced Lita Ford to some background player of the band. I thought that was kind of rude. Although her arguments with Joan Jett eventually led to the band's breakup, she was just as much a reason for the success of that band as Joan and Cherie were.

At the end of the movie, they gave a synopsis of "what happened" later to Joan and Cherie and totally bypassed Lita's accomplishments as a solo artist. Funny, Cherie dropped off the edge of the world and never really accomplished near as much as Lita Ford did musically. They could have at least acknowledged her contributions to rock n' roll as both a songwriter and a guitar player.

But it was still a good movie to watch.

Killer of Giants

Re: So, watched the Runaways movie this weekend...

Postby CharvelSuperStrat » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:19 pm

As a big Runaways fan I thought it sucked ass!

So full of inaccuracy's and made up stuff. plus the bass player was fictional and said nothing and yeah Lita was made a background character.

I wasn't a big fan of the acting or the story they put together which is a shame cos i was really looking forward to it - why am i not surprised!
"Hello this is Robbin Crosby from RATT, and when you're in your car remember to buckle up for safety, ITS THE LAW!"

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:07 am

Yeah, they always do that in movies so I don't pay much attention to that stuff....

I need to read Cherie's book, since it was based on that, just for grins.

I rented that and Clash of the Titans this weekend. It was definitely better than Clash of the Titans. I fell asleep twice, two different times, trying to watch that movie.

Killer of Giants

Postby CharvelSuperStrat » Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:24 pm

I have Cherie's book - Its interesting and messed up at the same time. much better than the movie anyway although other members of the band recount that period way different.
"Hello this is Robbin Crosby from RATT, and when you're in your car remember to buckle up for safety, ITS THE LAW!"

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:28 am

Ahhh cool, so now I definitely want to read it!

Secret Loser

Postby alfamy1 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:33 pm

A ''rude'' thing well I guess we've got diffrnt views on that point you bet 8O …Hrrm Lita Ford reminds me about Eddie Trunk, she is eddietrunk's very favorite and so she sung w/ ozzzy and she's is the only of Runaways being seen today....i reckoned Dakota Fanning playing Lita, she is 16 yrs and been through nearly 30 movies- a movieprodigy !!!!.…
Anyways I wonder why EdieTrunk has NOT done any announcement to the VRMA 2010 AWARD SHOW in Vegas :!: :?: I mean these on the list are pretty biggggggz - that’s odd . ET/we might ''missing'' a lot! And there for sure will be also some potential new stars ,too ....

:mrgreen:
#### WOOD LOVE TO SEE JAKE E SURROUNDED WITH
LOADS OF EFFECTS AND MUSIC INSTRUMENTZ LIKELY A MUSIC-LABORATORY !! ####

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:49 am

Dakota Fanning actually played Cherie Currie, Kristen Steward played Joan Jett, and Scout Taylor-Compton played Lita Ford. I love Scout, she did a pretty good job in the Rob Zombie re-makes of the Halloween movies as Lorie Strode.

Dakota Fanning was great, but Kristen's take on Joanie was actually what caught my eye. I didn't even recognize her as the girl from the Twilight series because her transformation was so convincing. The way she talked and her body language kind of stole the show for me....

Speaking of Twilight.... not a fan of that bullshit at all. I fell asleep three different times trying to watch that movie. When I finally made it to the part where the vampires played baseball, I turned it off. That was so retarded.

Killer of Giants

Postby CharvelSuperStrat » Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:07 am

It would have been slightly better if Dakota Fanning and Kristen Stewart were not in it i think - there both super annoying and KS isn't acting she just plays herself in everything!

Scout Taylor Compton and Michael Shannon were pretty good though i thought.

Secret Loser

Postby alfamy1 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:11 am

I was thinking of but forgot writing : KISS is Edde Trunks obsession + always the SAME issue: the make-up .... nd havent heard ET talking about them for a looong time until the day after I said it here, it waz there on his blog +he mentioned Glenn Huges as a pal + Jason Bonham but still nuthing about the Vegas show :!: ….. Btw there must be a spy among us….yeah yeah if it izz !!! I care less uhu! he is not nice =rude and an unpolished amount of…imo
:arrow: Sorrry :roll: about this LitaFord -I don’t know the movie and who playing what except that Dakota Fanning was known to me!
#### WOOD LOVE TO SEE JAKE E SURROUNDED WITH
LOADS OF EFFECTS AND MUSIC INSTRUMENTZ LIKELY A MUSIC-LABORATORY !! ####

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:25 pm

I didn't get a chance to see THE RUNAWAYS Movie which came out this year 2010, it was in limited area's and not held long in the Theatre's. So, I can't really add comments if I liked it or not: but I must say that I found it strange that Ms. Lita Ford is not given the credits like her Music colleagues Ms. Joan Jett (And The Blackhearts fame) and Ms. Cherie Currie (she's a twin) in whom all "3" - five really are the nucleus of THE RUNAWAYS (the other two/Jackie & ? can't recall the other's name are just as vital!) that made this Female band a Rocking treasure. I saw the movie DVD Cover for THE RUNAWAYS Movie and the first thing that went through my mind is where is LITA she's not even on the damn cover: that made me mad, I know JOAN is vitally important she received/got the must fame but LITA did so too AND should be acknowleged for that! Much respects and change the cover of the movie DVD and put all "5" RUNAWAYS on the Cover especially JOAN & LITA!

Killer of Giants

Postby CharvelSuperStrat » Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:53 am

Lita Ford wasn't involved at all that's why she has no credit. Apparently Kenny Laguna offered her $1000 for her life story and she got pissed - rightfully so Id say.

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:12 pm

That's an insult $1000 thousand dollars to tell her Life Story/her Music Career: LITA FORD Story is worth far "more" then that, she's priceless really. I'm sorry she wasn't treated with respect for "all" of The RUNAWAYS are incrediable musicians and legends in their own rights. Much respects!

Killer of Giants

Postby MrScary1971 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:30 am

Just watched it last night and though it was ok. Too biased from Joan and Cherie's perspective but Jett co-produced with Laguna so that makes sense. Very lame to make Lita Ford look so bad and especially lame at the end to only give bios on Jett, Fowley, and Currie. Lita arguably surpassed them all and was an important part of the band but from watching you would never know.

I though Fanning and Stewart did a fine job, no problems there. Scout did a good job as Lita and much better than her annoying white trash performances from the Halloween movies. Michael Shannon was the best performance IMO as writer/producer Fowley. Must have been fun to play that character lol.

Killer of Giants

Postby CharvelSuperStrat » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:53 am

I think the worst part was the Bass player! didn't even say one word!

and Robin Robbins? what were they thinking!?

uh Joan Jett....Cherie Currie.....and...uh.....Robbin Robbins? Jackie Fox must have laughed her ass off!

Killer of Giants

Postby MrScary1971 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:00 am

CharvelSuperStrat wrote:I think the worst part was the Bass player! didn't even say one word!

and Robin Robbins? what were they thinking!?

uh Joan Jett....Cherie Currie.....and...uh.....Robbin Robbins? Jackie Fox must have laughed her ass off!

I agree, it was bizarre to have certain band members rendered useless. I wonder if Lita Ford was even asked to participate in this?

Next

Return to Free for all...