Dio Live in Donington UK CD

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

Dio Live in Donington UK CD

Postby mrmetal » Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:54 am

Just picked up the latest from the late Ronnie James Dio. A double-disc digipack with Dio's performances in 1983 and 1987. I could go on and on about how good it is, but I am a Dio fan boy with starry eyes, so I am definitely biased when it comes to my favorite singer.

:lol:

Rock line currently has a interview with Wendy Dio, Rudy Sarzo, and I think Simon Wright about Dio, the new CD, and the impact Dio had on music and his fans that loved him so much. Good interview, I haven't listened to the whole thing, but what I did hear was interesting.

Killer of Giants

Re: Dio Live in Donington UK CD

Postby CharvelSuperStrat » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:06 pm

Its pretty cool to hear Dio do Starstruck!
"Hello this is Robbin Crosby from RATT, and when you're in your car remember to buckle up for safety, ITS THE LAW!"

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:39 am

Yes indeed. Both Vivian and Goldy sound great on this disc.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby guitarninja » Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:58 pm

Picked up this disc wednesday. have only listened to the first disc, but I really like it. I really liked Vivian Campbells playing when he was with Dio.
His rythym playing and his harmonics remind me of Jake alot. This may be
a reflection of the era, but their styles were very similar around this time.
Those were special times for metal and this brings back a ton of cool memories for me.

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:53 pm

I agree. Vivian was tearing it up in Dio. Too bad he turned into a Def Leppard wuss.

I also like the Inferno: Last in Live disc. Tracy G totally rips it up on that disc. He does his own thing while keeping the "feeling" of the solos. Especially on the Last in Line solo. I remember a interview with Dio about that album and he said they basically took the soundboard recording and had it mastered. His voice cracks in one part in Catch the Rainbow, he keeps it under control and makes it sound cool.

Secret Loser

Postby alfamy1 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:21 am

:mrgreen: been to Donington seing dio w/ jimmy bain , Vivian Campbell -83 . I took picts of them for the dutch OOR
#### WOOD LOVE TO SEE JAKE E SURROUNDED WITH
LOADS OF EFFECTS AND MUSIC INSTRUMENTZ LIKELY A MUSIC-LABORATORY !! ####

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:54 pm

Legendary Dragon/Master Vocalist Ronnie James DIO last Live performances' with HEAVEN N HELL are spectacular as well...'my God what a energized-beautiful Mystic Vocal range DIO was Blessed with. Rest in sweet harmony Dragon King: I'm still looking forward and hope that somehow The MAGICA 2 will be release I do believe that Ronnie James was working on that but held it off due to HEAVEN n HELL Band priorities first then once finish w/that he did mentioned he had plans for Magica 2 since MAGICA did so well...'I would like for the story to continue (something has to be done about Shadowcast..'his scary-Wicked!) and even a movie should come from it!!! I'm sure Mr. DIO discussed and worked on this with DIO's Guitarist Craig Goldy & Bassist Jimmy Bain surely. Also, look forward to FEINSTEIN's heavy new album grooves w/his cousin Ronnie James DIO. That's awesome!

All Access Member

Postby Shemp » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:35 pm

I am also a Dio fanatic! The Donigton cd is great. I favor the 1987 with Goldie. I'm still sad he is gone. What a huge loss!

Return to Free for all...