RIP Gary Moore

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

RIP Gary Moore

Postby seatzie » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:38 am

Sad to hear former Thin Lizzy guitarist and solo artist Gary Moore died yesterday. Great guitarist and he also had a lot of admiration fro Jake E Lee, I remember him being interviewed on BBC Radio 1 in the UK about 86/87 and Tommy Vance the DJ asking him about current guitarists, who impressed him? He replied straight away Jake E Lee, they'd been in the same hotel while Ozzy was touring and he says while everyone was in the bar getting drunk Jake was up in his room practising and practising

sad loss.....

Killer of Giants

Re: RIP Gary Moore

Postby mrmetal » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:33 am

Awwww man, that sucks! I remember when I first heard End of the World when I was a teen. It blew me away. Sad to hear for sure.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Anim8 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:24 pm

Postby Winter » Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:51 pm

Yes, it is sad...I am from Belfast and he was one of hte best we had to offer. Especially when he teamed up with Phil Lynott on 'Out in the fields'.

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:28 pm

Sorry to hear such sad news of legendary musician/Guitarist (& Vocalizer, too!) GARY MOORE passing away. His a genuine rare Music Artist of the Blues, Hard Rock & Soul...'Mr. MOORE is a Master Soul 8O Jammer and will surely be missed, never forgotten. Much heartfelt regards to the Gary MOORE Family may your hearts be warmly embranced this sorrowful moment. :cry: Godbless.

Return to Free for all...