This is wrong on so many levels

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

This is wrong on so many levels

Postby mrmetal » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:47 pm

Re: This is wrong on so many levels

Postby Fretman » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:17 am

All in the name of the 'Almighty Dollar', I'm sure.

Killer of Giants

Postby MrScary1971 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:47 pm

Nobody should sing Ronnie's music but Ronnie. That's a disgrace.

All Access Member

Postby dave1021 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:28 pm

I listened to a minute of it. He didn't sound bad. If not Ripper, I'm sure they'd find someone else. At least they got someone "Metal" to do it.
...And somebody said Fair Warning, Lord strike that poor boy down. Turned from hunted into hunter, went to hunt somebody down.--Van Halen

Postby skezza » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:23 am

Wrong on too many levels. You can't have Ripper singing in DIO. The band name is DIO.

Wonder what Wendy really thinks about this or if she has been pressured.
WWW.ULTIMATERHOADS.COM - Randy Rhoads Website!

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:22 pm

Ripper is a great singer, but there are others out there that can sing Dio much better. Nils Patrik Johansson and Jorn Lande come to mind.

Why did they pick Tim Owens?

I don't dislike the idea and I am very much in favor of what Goldy and Sarzo are doing. I want to hear the music that was being written before Ronnie passed away. But they could have selected a better fit for the music.

Nils Patrik Johansson sounds so much like Dio, it is uncanny.

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:08 pm

I know your very passionate about legendary band DIO as many of us are here and I for one would like to hear/see what Mr. Ronnie James DIO left behind for his band to continue the mystic power that is DIO. No one can ever take RONNIE's place that's a fact, that's his breathing Soul-Life in all those songs even the ones that were never release yet by the Dragon Master DIO was indeed working on the music material with his guitarist Craig Goldy. I always wanted them/DIO to continue the music quest of MAGICA (I love that album...'the chilly-dangerous looking one/with Shadowcast on the Cover. Makes one Heart stops!) but at the time Mr. DIO was involved w/another music Pioneer Tony IOMMI with their HEAVEN And HELL Band (their monster legends, too!!!!!). Anyway, DIO was planning on working on the music/lyrics for MAGICA II after he'd finished with some more-music recordings w/HEAVEN & HELL which went successfully well, TOUR in all! It's amazing that Mr. DIO just kept going an going even when he wasn't well...'the man just took us away by the magnificent Vocal range of his. Ronnie James DIO is my all time favorite Hard Rock/METAL Vocalist & also Mr. HALFORD, too and other Master legendary Vocalists from the 60's-80's that just Rocked the Planet with Heart & Soul!!!! I'm sure Heavy Vocalist Tim Owens has to carry those qualities too or else Rudy Sarzo & Craig Goldy would not have picked him but I must say pick wisely and give other high acclaimed Vocalists musicians a chance: I like to know who this Nils Patrick Johansson & Jorn Lande sounds like for their names are very familiar to me. Anyway all the best to Ronnie James DIO Band and please don't mess things up..'pick wisely. What would DIO want!
mrmetal wrote:Ripper is a great singer, but there are others out there that can sing Dio much better. Nils Patrik Johansson and Jorn Lande come to mind.

I don't dislike the idea and I am very much in favor of what Goldy and Sarzo are doing. I want to hear the music that was being written before Ronnie passed away. But they could have selected a better fit for the music.

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:10 pm

Fretman wrote:All in the name of the 'Almighty Dollar', I'm sure.

Agreed.

Postby skezza » Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:52 pm

mrmetal wrote:Ripper is a great singer, but there are others out there that can sing Dio much better. Nils Patrik Johansson and Jorn Lande come to mind.

Maybe, but releasing it in the name of Dio, is just wrong in my opinion. Not only that it's misleading. They should release it under a different name and give any writing credits or tributes to Ronnie James Dio.

You never know, a great new band could form if they did that. Instead, releasing it under the DIO name is just a tacky attempt to see some green.
WWW.ULTIMATERHOADS.COM - Randy Rhoads Website!

Killer of Giants

Postby sytharnia » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:53 pm

i'm guessing it won't be released as a DIO album

Killer of Giants

Postby MrScary1971 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:51 pm

skezza wrote:

Maybe, but releasing it in the name of Dio, is just wrong in my opinion. Not only that it's misleading. They should release it under a different name and give any writing credits or tributes to Ronnie James Dio.

You never know, a great new band could form if they did that. Instead, releasing it under the DIO name is just a tacky attempt to see some green.

Exactly :D

Postby SRV43 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:25 pm

Go ahead and put the record out but for the love of all things DIO, don't call it a DIO album!!!! 8O
Jake E. Lee = criminally underrated guitar player.

All Access Member

Postby SHREDDER1 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:52 am

I have a buddy who approached Wendy early on about doing this same thing.
It was within week`s after the funeral.You can guess that all my friend`s thought it was inapprorpriate.I guess it was`nt.This guy can do Tate & Dio
to a tee....unfortunatley,he is terrible to work with.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Anim8 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:24 am

[center] BIZ IZ BIZ IZ MONEY -LOL WHAT EXPECTED :!: :?: :lol: [/center]

All Access Member

Postby Shemp » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:04 pm

I am the one of Biggest Dio fans on the planet. I met him several times. This is just an outrage! Ronnie James Dio is irreplacable!!!
Dio is the King of Metal!

Next

Return to Free for all...