This is wrong on so many levels

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

Re: This is wrong on so many levels

Postby sytharnia » Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:20 am

I think we have our answer...and thank god they have given the band a "name"

Former DIO members Rudy Sarzo (bass), Simon Wright (drums), Craig Goldy (guitar) and Scott Warren (keyboards) will join forces with singers Tim "Ripper" Owens (YNGWIE MALMSTEEN, BEYOND FEAR, JUDAS PRIEST, ICED EARTH) and Toby Jepson (LITTLE ANGELS, GUN) to play a number of shows in Europe under the name DIO DISCIPLES.

Commented Ronnie James Dio's widow and manager Wendy: "There will never be another Ronnie, but we want to keep his music alive and hope you will support the band and become one of the DIO DISCIPLES.

"We will [announce] the U.K./European tour dates as they are confirmed, and we are planning some U.S. dates also.

"Hope to see you at one of the shows."

Killer of Giants

Postby Rock » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:45 pm

Check this guy out, he is fkn amazing, listen to when he goes in to Sabbath/Dio Letters from earth, he does coverdale amazing, then slips in to Dio, fkn great :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNR87USTN7A

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:14 am

Rock wrote:Check this guy out, he is fkn amazing, listen to when he goes in to Sabbath/Dio Letters from earth, he does coverdale amazing, then slips in to Dio, fkn great :)

Great freakin' find, Rock!! Awesome! 8)

Killer of Giants

Postby Rock » Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:18 pm

Doobie wrote:
Rock wrote:Check this guy out, he is fkn amazing, listen to when he goes in to Sabbath/Dio Letters from earth, he does coverdale amazing, then slips in to Dio, fkn great :)

Yeh I know, a mate of mine, seen his Whitesnake band in europe a few years back, only got me on to them just recently, killer singer, best I have heard in a long time, and he sings like that live, so my mate said :)

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:18 am

Rock wrote:
Doobie wrote:

Yeh I know, a mate of mine, seen his Whitesnake band in europe a few years back, only got me on to them just recently, killer singer, best I have heard in a long time, and he sings like that live, so my mate said :)

There are times he sounds spot-on like Coverdale!! Covers Dio well, too.

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:25 pm

Finally heard the Vocalist Nils Patrick Johansson when web cruising some weeks back and found him to be simply amazing: he has a power Vocalize range in the key of DIO & plus his own uniqueness, too. Your right Mr. Metal...'Goldy & Sarzo need to broaden their search and check out Johansson & Lande. It's only fair!
mrmetal wrote:Ripper is a great singer, but there are others out there that can sing Dio much better. Nils Patrik Johansson and Jorn Lande come to mind.

Why did they pick Tim Owens?

I don't dislike the idea and I am very much in favor of what Goldy and Sarzo are doing. I want to hear the music that was being written before Ronnie passed away. But they could have selected a better fit for the music.

Nils Patrik Johansson sounds so much like Dio, it is uncanny.

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Wed May 18, 2011 10:05 am

THE STORY OF RONNIE JAMES DIO OVER 2 CDs:
A 2-Disc career retrospective compilation of Ronnie James Dio's works is being released by Sanctuary Records June 6. The track listing (and original band) is as follows:
Disc: 1 1. Carolina County Ball - Elf 2. Love Is All - Ronnie James Dio 3. The Temple Of The King - Rainbow 4. Catch The Rainbow - Rainbow 5. Stargazer - Rainbow 6. Run With The Wolf - Rainbow 7. Kill The King - Rainbow 8. Long Live Rock 'n' Roll - Rainbow 9. Lady Of The Lake - Rainbow 10. Gates Of Babylon - Rainbow 11. Die Young - Black Sabbath 12. Heaven And Hell - Black Sabbath 13. Children Of The Sea - Black Sabbath.
Disc: 2 1. The Mob Rules - Black Sabbath 2. Voodoo - Black Sabbath 3. Country Girl - Black Sabbath 4. Holy Diver - Dio 5. Rainbow In The Dark - Dio 6. We Rock - Dio 7. Rock 'N' Roll Children - Dio 8. All The Fools Sailed Away - Dio 9. I - Black Sabbath 10. Push - Dio 11. One More For The Road - Dio 12. Shadow Of The Wind - Black Sabbath 13. Neon Knights - Heaven & Hell 14. Bible Black - Heaven & Hell.

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:41 am

HEAR RONNIE JAMES DIO'S ROCK ROOTS ON 'AND BEFORE ELF...THERE WERE ELVES' RELEASE:
Over the years, legendary singer Ronnie James Dio fronted some of the most popular/enduring hard rock/heavy metal bands of all-time, including Rainbow, Black Sabbath/Heaven & Hell, and Dio. But before all of these bands, there was Elf. Described as a "Rock/Honky Tonk/Blues band" a forthcoming release, 'And Before Elf…There Were Elves' will prove that Ronnie could easily handle other rock-related styles. Released on October 11th via the Niji Entertainment Group, 'And Before Elf' will feature twelve previously unreleased tracks (all from 1971), comprised of both live in the studio and live on stage tracks. The album will feature a striking Lenticular/3D/Hologram cover, that when you turn it, you will see two alternating images ­ Ronnie from the first Elf LP, as well as a vintage group shot from 1971. And although these recordings are 40 years old, the sonic quality still passes the test, as longtime Dio engineer Wyn Davis remastered the original tapes.
Formed in 1967 in Cortland, New York, The Elves also featured other members that would carve a niche for themselves in the hard rock world! Guitarist David "Rock" Feinstein (Dio's cousin) would go on to front the Rods. Elf would last for a trio of albums, before Ronnie exited the group in 1975, to co-form Rainbow with ex-Deep Purple guitarist Ritchie Blackmore.
Ronnie James Dio always had the golden touch as a masterful singer and frontman. And upon hearing 'And Before Elf…There Were Elves,' you'll discover he possessed his one-of-a-kind voice from the very beginning of his career.

"And Before Elf…There Were Elves" Track Listing: 1. You Shook Me 2. Stay With Me 3. Four Day Creep 4. Buckingham Blues 5. Wakeup Sunshine 6. Driftin' 7. Smile For Me Lady 8. You Felt The Same Way 9. Simple Man 10. Drown Me In The River 11. Cold Ramona 12.. Little Queenie.
For more information, visit: ronniejamesdio.com / facebook.com/OfficialRonnieJamesDio / facebook.com/nijientertainmentgroup.
(as posted on Melodicrock.com)

Secret Loser

Postby seasons » Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:54 pm

WHOA, this is NOT cool.

They should remaster the old catalog. Come up with some extras for the remasters.

Release the Spectrum video on DVD, Hear N Aid The Sessions on DVD, Time Machine on DVD, etc.

PLUS there are tons of live pro audio of shows they recorded over the years. There are plenty of things they could put out that would thrill the whole Dio community without doing something weak like this.

Wendy is starting to deviate from the plans that her and Ronnie made before he died.

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:29 am

Cool. I can't wait to hear that remastered stuff. Elf and the pre-Elf days had some very groovin' riffs for that time.

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:34 am

DIO DISCIPLES ANNOUNCE FIRST-EVER US TOUR:
The band (which is comprised of singers Tim "Ripper" Owens and Toby Jepson, guitarist Craig Goldy, bassist Rudy Sarzo, keyboardist Scott Warren, and drummer Simon Wright) has announced a string of dates (with more to be announced), which as of now, kicks off on September 22nd at the Chance in Poughkeepsie, NY, and wraps up on October 9th at Trees in Dallas, TX. Keep your eyes peeled to Dio Disciples' Facebook page for announcements regarding additional US tour dates.
Touching upon almost every era of Dio's stellar career, you can expect to hear faithful and heavy renditions of such classics as "The Last in Line," "Rainbow in the Dark," "Holy Diver," "Heaven and Hell," "Neon Knights," "Man on the Silver Mountain," among countless others.
And Dio Disciples have been receiving rave show reviews, including the Planet Mosh website, which gave a recent London performance a 10/10 rating, and proclaimed, "The performance was a fitting tribute to the memory of the great man himself. I'm not sure there is a better way of keeping the legacy alive, than by witnessing this group of men with such outstanding ability pour every ounce of their being into delivering Dio's music so perfectly."

Confirmed US Tour Dates [more to be added]:
9/22/2011 Poughkeepsie, NY The Chance
9/23/2011 Asbury Park, NJ Stone Pony
9/24/2011 Springfield, VA Jaxx
9/26/2011 Buffalo, NY Town Ballroom
9/27/2011 Pittsburgh, PA Altar Bar
9/28/2011 Cleveland, OH House of Blues
9/29/2011 Chicago, IL House of Blues
9/30/2011 Medina, MN Medina Entertainment Center
10/6/2011 Baton Rouge, LA Varsity Theatre
10/7/2011 Houston, TX Scout Bar
10/8/2011 San Antonio, TX Sunken Gardens
10/9/2011 Dallas, TX Trees
For more information, visit: www.facebook.com/pages/Dio-Disciples/197868730252916 / www.facebook/OfficialDioFacebook / www.ronniejamesdio.com.

Previous

Return to Free for all...