You have GOT to be kidding!

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

You have GOT to be kidding!

Postby Doobie » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:18 am

I can't even fathom what this will end up like considering the cast ...
:?
(info from melodicrock.com)

TOM CRUISE TO KILL ROCK OF AGES?:
Straight out of the WTF box comes this revelation - Tom Cruise to star in the Rock Of Ages movie. I love the idea that this thing could be turned into a movie, but Tom Cruise??? This from Billboard:

"Tom Cruise will soon be belting some classic rock staples as the star of "Rock of Ages," an upcoming film adaptation of the hit Broadway musical which showcases popular rock songs from the 70s and 80s. According to NME, the actor will star as Stacee Jaxx, an aging musician whose glory days are long past, in the movie version of the stage production. Among the tunes Cruise will perform include Bon Jovi's "Wanted Dead or Alive" and Styx's "Renegade." "I think we're going to see him every drop the rock'n'roll god," says director Adam Shankman, who also helmed 2007 movie musical "Hairspray." "He's pouring himself in this part in a way I've never had an actor do. It's pretty intense." Anne Hathaway is rumored to be vying for the role of Sherrie, who sings a duet of Foreigner's "I Want to Know What Love Is" with Cruise's character. Other performers rumored to take part in the adaptation, which is scheduled to begin filming in May, include Russell Brand, Taylor Swift and Alec Baldwin".

All Access Member

Re: You have GOT to be kidding!

Postby Shadow » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:31 pm

I like and admire fame-legendary Actor Tom Cruise but HOLLYWOOD needs to search for that next treasure person to bring to this ROCK OF Ages Movie to life. Not saying Mr. Cruise can't do it...'just give someone else a chance!!

Killer of Giants

Re: You have GOT to be kidding!

Postby Doobie » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:11 am

Sorry, Shadow but there's not a thing I admire about Tom Cruise!!! This is a travesty!

Return to Free for all...