New music from Queensryche coming soon

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

New music from Queensryche coming soon

Postby Doobie » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:16 am

As reported by melodicrock.com:
QUEENSRYCHE CURRENTLY IN THE STUDIO WRAPPING UP "BOB":
Geoff Tate, Michael Wilton, Eddie Jackson, Scott Rockenfield and Parker Lundgren -- collectively and collaboratively known as the rock band, Queensryche -- recently entered the studio to lay down what will be the band's first studio recording since their ambitious American Soldier project in March of 2009. Due out on Roadrunner/Loud & Proud Records later this spring, the working title of the forthcoming effort is once again "Bob."
"Our very first demo was recorded on a cassette tape by a guy named Bob," explains front man Geoff Tate. "We've kept that tradition ever since and, to this day, put all of our demos in the original case labeled 'Bob' until we actually have an album title." Very superstitious, indeed.
The project has been a true meeting of the creative minds since it began earlier this year. And if you think you know "Bob," think again...
The tentative moniker certainly wasn't meant to be a palindrome like Black Sabbath's Live Evil... that's just they way it turned out. "We'll certainly have the name of the album soon," states Tate. "In the mean time, we hope you're getting ready to welcome 'Bob' into your own, individual rock universe." Coming soon.

Killer of Giants

Re: New music from Queensryche coming soon

Postby MrScary1971 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:36 pm

I love the Ryche but I am a bit worried about this new release. Geoff Tate and Scott Rockenfield were quoted as saying the new album will feature "dance music" with the tried and true Ryche type material. Here's a quote.

"I add a lot of film score elements or sound effects [into my drum work], especially on the new thing we’re working on right now," Rockenfield said. "Geoff [Tate, vocals] and I have really spent a lot of time together redesigning the QUEENSRŸCHE thing, which you're going to love. It's huge rock but with a great dance vibe to it, real modern dance. It's kind of like 'Rage' ['For Order'] through a time tunnel, bringing it into the now. There are a lot of electronic elements to it. It's a big rock thing that is going to have a lot of color to it — it's good and really intense."

I guess we'll see ;)

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Anim8 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:40 pm

Killer of Giants

Postby MrScary1971 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:10 pm

That site is awesome!!!! Thx for posting that Anim8, it is much better than Blabbermouth.net and some of the other news sites I check out. :D

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:05 pm

QUEENSRYCHE are a masterpiece heavy band: I like their unique powerhouse sound. Very theactric Drama like music "high power" and their music & Frontman are out of this World. Mr. Tate has a remakeable vocal range...'so beautiful. That's a pretty strange titled for their new album BOB. I hope they give it a name name and the Melodicrock link was awesome to view into! Ralf Sheepers master-Vocalist behind legendary band PRIMAL FEAR has a new album?! That's cool...'and hope he does not leave PRIMAL FEAR, he better not! And BENEDICTUM has a new album now talk about a young lady that could be MR. DIO young sibbling Ms. Veronica Freeman...'she's a female Ronnie James DIO. Young woman can sing!!! Anyway, all the best to legendary Powerband QUEENSRYCHE their amazing!!!!! :o Peace and thanks for sharing.

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:49 am

This would be most awesome!!

QUEENSRYCHE ACOUSTIC BENEFIT:
Join Geoff Tate and members of Queensryche in this special event at the Hard Rock Cafe in Seattle on April 16th at 8pm. The night will kick off with an introduction to the third vintage of Insania wine, a collaboration between Geoff Tate and Three Rivers Winery. Guests can purchase and enjoy the wine and have Geoff autograph the bottle. Before the night is over, the band will take the stage and perform an acoustic set of their favorite songs.
Proceeds from ticket sales will benefit the relief efforts in Japan. Tickets are $20 advance and $30 at doors. Age 21 and over please.

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:50 am

QUEENSRŸCHE TO CELEBRATE THEIR 30th ANNIVERSARY IN ROCK BY RELEASING NEW ALBUM DEDICATED TO CHAOS THIS SUMMER:
New York, NY: Queensrÿche announced today that their new album will be called Dedicated to Chaos and it will be released this summer. It's the band's first effort for its new label, Roadrunner Records/Loud & Proud. The band – featuring Geoff Tate, Michael Wilton, Eddie Jackson, Scott Rockenfield and Parker Lundgren -- is currently planning a tour in support of the new opus, which was recorded in its native Seattle. Tour dates and information will be released when available.
“Modern life moves fast,” commented frontman Geoff Tate about the album. “Plug into the rhythm of the now with our 12th studio album, Dedicated to Chaos. It's a clash and slash of musical experimentation anchored by the pulse of digital code.” He did issue one suggestion to listeners as well, saying: “Enjoy – headphones are a must.”
Queensrÿche's 1988-issued album Operation: Mindcrime is universally respected as a classic concept release about rock, revenge and redemption, which is ultimately regarded as one of the most important and essential hard rock records in the genre's expansive canon. 1990's follow-up, Empire, yielded a #1 single, the Grammy-nominated ballad “Silent Lucidity,” which the band performed at the 1992 Grammy Awards accompanied by a supporting orchestra.
In 2006, the band released Operation: Mindcrime II, a scorching sequel to their original. The band then hit the road performing both albums Operation: Mindcrime and Operation: Mindcrime II back-to-back in their entirety in an incredible theatrical presentation throughout the year. The final performance was recorded at The Moore Theatre in Seattle that October and the Mindcrime at the Moore double CD/DVD release debuted at #1 on Billboard's Top Music DVD Chart and eventually reached Gold status.
The band is celebrating its 30th anniversary this year and Dedicated to Chaos marks a new and riveting chapter in Queensrÿche's already impressive history that fans will not want to miss. And the chaos has just begun.
Visit: www.queensryche.com for more information.

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:49 am

As posted on melodicrock.com
Queensryche lead singer Geoff Tate checked in with Hardrock Haven to talk about their brand new studio release Dedicated to Chaos; the composition of specific songs like Higher and Hot Spot Junkie; his favorite vocal moments on the release; knowing this will be compared to Operation: Mindcrime and how they write the music anyway; the upcoming tour with Judas Priest; and a whole lot more.
To hear the interview, head to: hardrockhaven.net/online/2011/geoff-tate-of-queensryche-3/

Secret Loser

Postby Fedaykin » Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:50 pm

Doobie wrote:As posted on melodicrock.com
Queensryche lead singer Geoff Tate checked in with Hardrock Haven to talk about their brand new studio release Dedicated to Chaos; the composition of specific songs like Higher and Hot Spot Junkie; his favorite vocal moments on the release; knowing this will be compared to Operation: Mindcrime and how they write the music anyway; the upcoming tour with Judas Priest; and a whole lot more.
To hear the interview, head to: hardrockhaven.net/online/2011/geoff-tate-of-queensryche-3/

I saw Ryche, everyone's favorite Harkonnens from Seattle, open for Metallica on the Justice tour at the Long Beach Arena. They were great. Then me and my friend who I went to the concert with decided we should go and buy our concert t-shirts before Metallica came on. BIG MISTAKE! Never, ever, ever, get out of your seat at a Metallica show, or you will not get it back. When we returned, our seats had been taking by Hell's Angels who told us to go to the beach and pound sand. Then we wound up in the aisle, and the security told is that we had to stay in our seats or we had to leave the arena. We said the biker's had taken our seats, and they said "Tough." So we would up leaving the arena, and trying to figure out what to do next. Then we talked to an old security guard and he said there was nothing they could do, and by that time the Metallica was on. We went back in, and it was chaos, whole rows of seats being ripped off the concrete foundations and moshing all over. All the security guys were along the perimiter. We could went back into the lobby and wound up waiting in the Quiet Room. They have these Quiet Rooms at all the big arenas. They are like waiting rooms for parents who drive their kids to concerts. So me and my friend were hanging out with blue haired ladies busy knitting sweaters. So my friend called his dad and asked him to pick us up early, and he did. We waited outside the arena and saw scores of ambulences taking the injured away, glad we were safe. It was windy cold and dry and there were palm fronds all over the place. For about a year after that my friend and I did not talk to each other because one blamed the other for the fiasco at the concert, but to be honest I was more forgiving since I was not a Metallica fan and had already seen them that previous summer at Monsters of Rock in Los Angeles at the coliseum, during which a full on riot broke out. The truth is, most metal shows went smoothly. The real shit usually happened at thrash and speed metal shows like Metallica and Slayer. I saw Priest shortly before that show at the L.A. Sports Arena and Slayer opened. Security kept the lights on and threw beach balls to the crowd to keep them from going nuts. When Priest came on, I was relieved. That was also because an older, calmer audience was there for Priest. But in the early and mid 80s, metal was really something. It was distinctive. Bands really tried to master their instruments, like Jake, like Dokken, VH, Scorpions. The music mattered. One pleasant surprise was when a band most would not think that much of, stole the show live, like Y & T. That's the true measure of a band, how they are live.
“My parents wanted me to be the next Van Cliburn, but I wanted to be the next Van Halen.”

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:29 am

Ugh. New Queensryche just plain sucks. The good days are those of long ago. RIP Queensryche. Don't believe me? Click this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HcG4oY3 ... re=related

Ultimate Sinner

Postby johnorlitta » Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:41 pm

Doobie wrote:Ugh. New Queensryche just plain sucks. The good days are those of long ago. RIP Queensryche. Don't believe me? Click this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HcG4oY3 ... re=related
Wow. I had to stop watching at 1:20.
"We give you Jake E. Lee: the man who hates time and tremolos"

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby saltpeanuts » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:28 pm

There is plenty of great music that is the progression of where QR should have gone with their sound. I'd highly suggest Heavenly Ecstacy by Pagan's Mind, or perhaps Snowfall on Judgment Day by Redemption for starters.

QR has evolved into a form that is unlistenable to me.

Ultimate Sinner

Postby johnorlitta » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:44 am

If they had done something like Silent Lucidity, it would have been tolerable. To me it wasn't the same Queensryche that I knew when they used to do stuff like Queen of the Reich or Jet City Woman.

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:54 am

johnorlitta wrote:If they had done something like Silent Lucidity, it would have been tolerable. To me it wasn't the same Queensryche that I knew when they used to do stuff like Queen of the Reich or Jet City Woman.

There's a lot of vids on youtube.com from their new release - didn't hear a single one that was listenable. Awful stuff. May sounds harsh but, they were my faves in the 80's and 90's (oh, and that Jake E Lee guy, too) so, me saying it's over is hard, albeit true. :(

Secret Loser

Postby seasons » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:22 pm

Boy Doobie, I really wish you were wrong about this, and I so wish I could disagree, but if anything, you're understating the horribleness!!

This was also one of my favorite bands of all time and now it's unrecognizable from what they once were. This band was so special and so unique and now they almost aren't even a valid band at all. What Geoff (and his wife) have done to this band is just painful for me.

When I discuss Queensryche now, as a fan, I have to list birth and death dates to specify the exact period, which for me is 83 to 95. After that it's just so shitty.

This summer was the first time ever in the last 23 years that I have missed a 'Ryche show/tour. Year after year they come and I just can't bare to miss them and I go and go to keep giving them a chance, but this time I just couldn't do it anymore.

All hail the fourth Ryche: TATESRYCHE

Next

Return to Free for all...