HELPING JAPAN

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Rock N' Roll Rebel

HELPING JAPAN

Postby Anim8 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:40 am

[center]THE TRAGIC WITH THE 8.9 -RICHTERSCALE EARTHQUAKE WITH THE FOLLOWING TSUNAMI OF A 10meter HIGH WAVE IN THE CITY Sendai AND THE EPICENTER WAS ON MAIN THE ISLAND Honshu WITH TOKYO

KEEP YOU IN OUR THOUGHTS AND A LENDING HAND[/center]

Ultimate Sinner

Re: HELPING JAPAN

Postby Allfyve » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:52 pm

i'm sending my thoughts

Killer of Giants

Postby MrScary1971 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:16 pm

Thoughts and prayers for all of Japan. I can't imagine hearing about all the missing loved ones and worrying about their well being. A very sad day indeed.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Anim8 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:16 pm

..that is great ppl are aware whats going on :!: :!: and it seems to be like after ww II -similairity to the bomb over Hiroshima ... Nagasaki..

//

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:33 pm

I agree highly with you Mr. Scary1971.
How terrifying, frightening devastration JAPAN is going through from the Earthquake & Tsunami that shattered :cry: destoyed many of their Coastlines, Cities and Towns. The terrifying Worldwide News coverage is heartbreaking: Heartfelt prays go out to "all" the Japanese Citizens & their Families to all that was lost & miraculously saved (like the little baby girl & her Grandma..'thank God etc.,. & other saving stories)...'may the assisting help Aid from the USA our Military and other Countries help JAPAN in this frightening time. May the rescue and search and foods, medicine and healing supplies continue to reach them. Godbless & healing embrance.
MrScary1971 wrote:Thoughts and prayers for all of Japan. I can't imagine hearing about all the missing loved ones and worrying about their well being. A very sad day indeed.

All Access Member

Postby oleander » Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:44 pm

My heart goes out to the people of Japan. ♥

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Anim8 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:02 pm

Killer of Giants

Postby MrScary1971 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:43 pm

Shadow wrote:I agree highly with you Mr. Scary1971.
How terrifying, frightening devastration JAPAN is going through from the Earthquake & Tsunami that shattered :cry: destoyed many of their Coastlines, Cities and Towns. The terrifying Worldwide News coverage is heartbreaking: Heartfelt prays go out to "all" the Japanese Citizens & their Families to all that was lost & miraculously saved (like the little baby girl & her Grandma..'thank God etc.,. & other saving stories)...'may the assisting help Aid from the USA our Military and other Countries help JAPAN in this frightening time. May the rescue and search and foods, medicine and healing supplies continue to reach them. Godbless & healing embrance.
MrScary1971 wrote:Thoughts and prayers for all of Japan. I can't imagine hearing about all the missing loved ones and worrying about their well being. A very sad day indeed.

Thank you Shadow, I also have 2 good friends of mine who are English teachers over in Japan. They are ok but were shaken nonetheless. They both said the devastation is something surreal and very much like a disaster movie.

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:25 am

Melodicrock.com reports:

'80S ROCKERS BAND TOGETHER TO FUNDRAISE FOR JAPAN AT HARPER'S IN TARZANA ON APRIL 16:
The original "We Are The World" and last year's "We Are The World 25 For Haiti" featured great artists raising money for important causes, but they failed to do one thing-really rock!
No worries there with the '80s Rockers For Japan benefit Saturday, April 16 at Harper's in Tarzana. Organized by Terry Ilous (XYZ, Great White), the show will include members of some of the '80s most popular rock and metal bands. Ilous and Jeff Paris have also written a song and are creating a video that will feature many of the participating musicians. The song will be recorded, and the video shot live at the benefit. It will subsequently be available on iTunes. Proceeds from the event and sales of the track and video will be donated to the American Red Cross Japan Earthquake and Pacific Tsunami Relief efforts.
"Japan has always been very supportive of our kind of music, and this is our small way of giving back," says Ilous. In addition to Ilous, performers who have committed to the show and recording/video project include Chris Slade (AC/DC/ The Firm), Rudy Sarzo (Whitesnake/Ozzy Osbourne/ Blue Oyster Cult), Brian Tichy (Whitesnake /Foreigner/Billy Idol), Richie Kotzen (Poison/Mr. Big), Juan Croucier (Ratt), Jon Levin (Dokken), John Payne (Asia), Teddy Zigzag (Guns N' Roses), James Lomenzo (Megadeth/Black Label Society), Marco Mendoza (Thin Lizzy/Whitesnake), Robin McAuley (Survivor /MSG), Simon Wright (Dio/AC/DC/UFO), Robert Sarzo (Hurricane) and Mitch Perry (MSG/Asia/Edgar Winter).
Other vocalists contributing to the benefit song include Lita Ford, Don Dokken and Paul Shortino. The show will also feature guitarists Richie Kotzen (Mr. Big/Poison) and Michael Thompson, an American musician well known in Japan. Line6 will provide the backline and Spaun Drums will provide all drums.
A live streaming broadcast will be done by Front Row Entertainment and viewers will be able to watch the event for free online; a link to the Red Cross will be provided and the musicians who are participating request that those watching make a small donation. New artists are being added to this roster daily, and Ilous promises one very big surprise, to be unveiled at the show.

Ultimate Sinner

Postby Allfyve » Sun May 08, 2011 7:03 am

[center]there are some good links for animal rescuing both for pets and wild
i'm gonna send cat utensils and yeah, they still need it -it takes time for ppl to restore their homes,etc
@

http://www.japancatnet.com/

http://www.heart-tokushima.com/ENGLISH/WELCOME.html

:wink:
remember, better something than nothing[/center]

...'' The crisis for animals there continues, as families are facing long term evacuations without proper facilities for pet care. Many people are keeping pets in their cars at evacuation centers, which at least allows pets to remain with families, but this will become even less reasonable accommodation as time stretches on and the weather heats up. Furthermore, the exclusion zone around the damaged nuclear power plant will soon be extended out to include another 10 kilometers, and many of these families are facing evacuation without the option of bringing pets. This is what families from the 20 kilometer zone faced previously, and it is why there are so many pets remaining inside that zone. We are urging people to contact the Japanese national government, and local embassies,,,,,,,,,,,''

Return to Free for all...