BLIZZARD/DIARY boxset trailer

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

Re: BLIZZARD/DIARY boxset trailer

Postby MrScary1971 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:37 pm

tedeeoo wrote:George (Lynch) is someone that it would be really cool to sit and talk with, he obviously knew both Randy and Jake, and apparently to a lesser degree EVH. He was right at the front of the big movement that gave us so many great guitar players in the late 70's/early 80's and I've heard him say many times that Jake was one of the baddest guitar players he has ever heard.

Hey Scary, you got anymore stories from the dojo? Those would be really cool to hear.

Ted

Yah, unfortunately Tedeeoo most of the "lessons" were webcammed and it isn't always George live. He uploads lessons and you practice for a week or two and submit your original piece based upon the "melodic shapes:. George isn't a traditional guitar teacher and he finds it difficult to teach music theory. Rather tab and "shapes" as we called them. I will post some lessons if you guys are interested. I have some cool stories on players he likes (Gilbert, Malmsteen, EVH, Randy etc etc etc). He is a Holdsworth and Hendrix superfan and talked about them a lot. Lately his biggest influences are Paul Gilbert and Yngwie.

All Access Member

Postby Shemp » Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:31 am

Thanks a alot for the info. Really apprecate it.
Rock On Brother
Left is Right!

Killer of Giants

Postby MrScary1971 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:34 am

Shemp wrote:Thanks a alot for the info. Really apprecate it.
Rock On Brother
Left is Right!

Hey man, no problem. I love this stuff so anything you want to know I will help any way i can. Rock on \m/m\/

Love the left is right lol

All Access Member

Postby tedeeoo » Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:04 am

I would love to hear the stories about some of the other guitar players he likes, I can't imagine what it was like to be in L.A. during that time period when all those guys were coming up.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby guitarninja » Wed May 04, 2011 6:12 pm

two questions:
what is the release date for this?
when you guys say 'brick wall the recording' what does that mean??
Thanks, I'll take my answer off the air.

Killer of Giants

Postby sytharnia » Fri May 06, 2011 3:00 am

the stated release date is 31st may but no one know's yet if/when it will hit the shops.....so far only pre orders are from ozzy's web store

brick wall is where they just crank everything to max volume which sucks most of the musical dynamics out of the recordings

this came from someone in the press who has an advanced copy

I've had the advance for a while. The documentary is pretty good, but only 42 minutes. They're not making all the bonus footage available to the press (nor the book), but the clips in the documentary are decent. Dicey super-8 footage (apparently presented in three-minute clips because the guy had to keep reloading his camera), but any new footage of Rhoads performing should be treasured.

The remasters are spectacular. However the big surprise is the live CD from the Diary reissue...absolutely scorching, it blows the doctored-up Tribute out of the water.

I then asked if the live CD was the '81 Montreal radio broadcast and if the regular CD remasters sounded better than the last remasters:

That I'm trying to determine. The notes don't say and Epic won't tell me. My first instinct is to say it isn't Montreal, the "Suicide Solution" solo from Montreal, which was famously spliced into the Tribute version, doesn't immediately sound like what I hear on the new live disc. But I'll do a proper comparison soon and let you know.

The remastering is great. Typical of current stuff, really, punched up a bit to sound marginally comparable with today's loud standards, but the dynamic range isn't totally destroyed or anything. Just a little more oomph to it.

still not totally sure if it's going to be worth the money although this live CD now is of more interest than before

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Fri May 06, 2011 7:34 am

I will be getting it that is for sure.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby guitarninja » Fri May 06, 2011 5:35 pm

thank you, that was some good info!!

Postby SRV43 » Wed May 11, 2011 9:54 pm

I think the remasters they did in 1995-6 were brilliant so why bother again? Who the eff' knows. You have to sell records in this buisness we all know but I think this box set will be one of the better ones. Do I need another copy of Blizzard? Do I need another copy of Diary? YES I DO! I have 2 copies of every Ozzy record. Not to collect but you never know when someone might sue the Osbourne camp or they might sue someone and yank the product. I mean why isnt The Ultimate Sin in print? No Rest For The Wicked is a piss poor album next to SIN as far as I'm concrned and yet we cant seem to get away from the re-releases of that. Also, my son will someday find his way over to the dark side and I'll have some ready for him along with a whole stack of Chatlie Parker. :wink:
Jake E. Lee = criminally underrated guitar player.

Killer of Giants

Postby sytharnia » Tue May 17, 2011 9:03 pm

some details on the DVD

DVD
1.Goodbye To Romance
2.I Don't Know
3.Suicide Solution
4.Revelation (Mother Earth)
5.Mr. Crowley
6.Believer
7.Tonight
8.Steal Away (The Night)
9.Flying High Again
10.Over The Mountain
11.Diary Of A Madman
12.S.A.T.O.
13.Revelation (Mother Earth) (Acoustic Studio Outtake)
14.Credits

DVD - MTV 1981
1.I Don't Know
2.Crazy Train
3.Believe
4.Mr. Crowley
5.Flying High Again
6.Revelation (Mother Earth)
7.Steal Away (The Night)
8.No Bone Movies
9.Suicide Solution, 25 Paranoid

I was starting to go off the idea of getting it....but the track listings has got my hopes up so I will def be getting it now

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Thu May 26, 2011 1:09 pm

Just ordered mine, can't wait to get it.

Killer of Giants

Postby sytharnia » Thu May 26, 2011 11:12 pm

mrmetal wrote:Just ordered mine, can't wait to get it.

first ones have shipped and at least one person has it and has put a small review online....but I won't link it as a spoiler

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Fri May 27, 2011 8:55 am

sytharnia wrote:
mrmetal wrote:Just ordered mine, can't wait to get it.

first ones have shipped and at least one person has it and has put a small review online....but I won't link it as a spoiler

I won't mind :lol: It won't sway my opinion of it one bit. I am a self-admitted fan boy when it comes to Randy.

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Fri May 27, 2011 10:54 am

Some of the clips on YouTube look amazing!!!

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Fri May 27, 2011 11:01 am

PreviousNext

Return to Free for all...