New Whitesnake cd "Forevermore"

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

All Access Member

New Whitesnake cd "Forevermore"

Postby tedeeoo » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:03 am

This one absolutely smokes ladies and gentlemen, if you are fan of hard rock music you need to get it!!!!!!

Killer of Giants

Re: New Whitesnake cd "Forevermore"

Postby MrScary1971 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:04 pm

tedeeoo wrote:This one absolutely smokes ladies and gentlemen, if you are fan of hard rock music you need to get it!!!!!!

Hell yes and the last cd was excellent too. Aldrich and Reb Beach are a killer tandem. Coverdale still delivers the goods too.

"Love Will Set You Free"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOwd30wXc-0

All Access Member

Postby tedeeoo » Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:04 pm

Goin' to see these guys May 20th and most probably May 24th also, Doug is my current favorite guitar player and just a heck of a good guy. Awesome record, and must say, very glad to hear Reb more involved in this record, killer rhythm section to and of course David sounds great, really like where they've got him vocally on this record. I ordered 2 copies of the cd, one for me and one for my son, the concert on the 20th will be his first concert, can't wait!!!

Ultimate Sinner

Postby LouZ » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:56 pm

Wow! That's classic Whitesnake right there

I still wish John Sykes got back with them, but this definitely sounds good! And there's 13 songs on the album!

Could this be the first album that I will buy since 'Retraced'?
I heard 'Purple Haze' on the radio and ...... it made the hairs on the back of my neck stood up

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:52 am

Bwahahahaha ...

BRITNEY SPEARS' COMEBACK IS BEING DE-RAILED BY WHITESNAKE:
The new Whitesnake album Forevermore is released this week via Frontiers Records worldwide. This from: www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/m ... pears.html.
"The troubled star's seventh album is currently lagging behind the perm-sporting veterans' latest collection online. The aging stadium-fillers, led by Yorkshireman David Coverdale, are probably best known for their anthems Is This Love and Here I Go Again. Their eleventh album Forevermore has had 35% more pre-orders on website amazon.co.uk than Brit's seventh Femme Fatale. A spokesperson for the firm said: "Britney Spears is one of the most successful global pop acts with a career spanning more than ten years but, even with this pedigree, she is being overshadowed and outsold by the elder statesmen of British rock. Whitesnake were already releasing their fourth album in 1981, the year Britney was born, and it is a major achievement to be racking up more pre-orders than the pop princess." Indeed!

All Access Member

Postby tedeeoo » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:57 am

LOL!! I saw this to Doobie, very funny indeed!!

Killer of Giants

Postby MrScary1971 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:33 pm

tedeeoo wrote:LOL!! I saw this to Doobie, very funny indeed!!

If only the United States shared the same taste as the UK lol.

All Access Member

Postby tedeeoo » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:54 pm

It is actually doing very well on Amazon in the U.S., as of today it was in their top 15 best sellers, now if only radio outside of major markets would pick it up. I like how WS is doing things now, they seem to have brought most of their "business" inside of the WS organization. Most everything was done at either Coverdale or Aldrich's studio, they pretty much did the video theirselves and they seem to have made a concerted effort to really push the band on the internet.Plus they have done an excellent job of promoting this record before it came out. They really seem to have total control of everything, which is a very good thing for a band to have. Of course none of it would mean anything if they had not put out a fantastic record, which they most definately have. Its good to hear a new record with some real fu**ing guitar on it!!!

Ultimate Sinner

Postby FireandRain » Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:19 am

I actually saw the video yesterday on VH1 Classic. They played "Still of the Night" - I still like that one! - and followed up with the new one. I was blown away. They sounded consistant...not like they went away & "re-invented" themselves. Yeah, I know there are new musicians, and I know there are (only a few) years apart, but it is still ass kicking rock & roll!

I'll have to hear & like at least 2 more songs from the CD before I'll buy it, but if they sound like this, and ya'll are saying it's THIS good, I don't think that will be a problem. Good to have some GOOD rock to listen to again!

Oh...and Booyah, Britney! LMAO!
I'm not suffering from my addiction to Jake E. Lee - I'm enjoying every minute of it!

All Access Member

Postby SHREDDER1 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:22 pm

The album is still growing on me.I posted this before,Doug`s Suhr pickups sound exactly like you hear on the album.There not for everyone but there
definitelty a high output beast.

All Access Member

Postby tedeeoo » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:16 am

I'm fixing to put a set of them in one of my guitars, did you happen to see him on "That Metal Show" this past weekend? I thought his tone was the best of anyone I've seen on there, plus the interview with Coverdale (and Lita for that matter) was great. Can't wait to see these guys. Also, if anyone is interested, there is a really good interview with Doug at Classic Rock Revisited (I think thats the one), you can link to it from Doug's site (dougaldrich.com)

All Access Member

Postby SHREDDER1 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:52 pm

tedeeoo wrote:I'm fixing to put a set of them in one of my guitars, did you happen to see him on "That Metal Show" this past weekend? I thought his tone was the best of anyone I've seen on there, plus the interview with Coverdale (and Lita for that matter) was great. Can't wait to see these guys. Also, if anyone is interested, there is a really good interview with Doug at Classic Rock Revisited (I think thats the one), you can link to it from Doug's site (dougaldrich.com)

Yeah,I love "That Metal Show".....bless Eddie Trunk for what he does ,keeping the fire burning.If you want a totally diffrent high output pickup,The Suhr will deliver.

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:36 pm

The legendary WHITESNAKE band & the frontman/Leader Mr. David COVERDALE master Vocalizer is Soul fantastic definately have another master recording album "Forevermore" on their hands. Great new video & song "Love Will Set You Free" Mr. Coverdale will forever have those lungs looong after those curtains finally close: he and his band WHITESNAKE are forever charismatic and Soul fantastic. The young Pool-lady dancer was "graceful" and those shoes ...'oh, my goodness, I be in the hospital wearing 6"-7" heels let alone 2' inch heels. Anyway, great new video from WHITESNAKE & thanks for sharing. I definately keep a look out for the "Forevermore" album from WHITESNAKE. 8)

All Access Member

Postby tedeeoo » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:00 am

That's actually Mrs. Coverdale doing the pole dancing in the video.

Ultimate Sinner

Postby LouZ » Wed May 18, 2011 9:09 pm

I just got back this evening from the Whitesnake show in NYC. It was phenomenal!

I won't post the set list of what they played because I don't to spoil it for those of you who might be going.

Here's what I'll offer though...Doug and Reb are top notch guitarists, David can still sing, but the drummer was amazing!!!

Expect a nice long set of music, some new stuff, some old stuff and some of the classics. Looking forward to comparing shows in a few weeks
I heard 'Purple Haze' on the radio and ...... it made the hairs on the back of my neck stood up

Next

Return to Free for all...