Question for Dio Fans

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Question for Dio Fans

Postby paul » Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:12 pm

If Wendi Dio loved Dio so much why did she have a different man living with her at the time of his death?
If Craig Goldy loved Dio so much why are they trying to milk his name for all that they can?

Ask them yourself

nijiwd@aol.com (Wendi)
Niji
12334 Ventura Blvd.
Studio City
Ca. 916043

818-980-1942

Craig craiggoldy@hotmail.com 714-891-8585
12272 bailey st.
Garden Grove
Ca.

Killer of Giants

Re: Question for Dio Fans

Postby MrScary1971 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:29 am

paul wrote:If Wendi Dio loved Dio so much why did she have a different man living with her at the time of his death?
If Craig Goldy loved Dio so much why are they trying to milk his name for all that they can?

Ask them yourself

nijiwd@aol.com (Wendi)
Niji
12334 Ventura Blvd.
Studio City
Ca. 916043

818-980-1942

Craig craiggoldy@hotmail.com 714-891-8585
12272 bailey st.
Garden Grove
Ca.

It was well documented that they were separated but stayed legally married mostly for business purposes as she was his manager. From what I understand a majority of the proceeds of these "post" recordings are going to charity for stomach cancer research. However, i agree some of these recordings are sacrilege and some of it doesn't bode well.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby paul » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:44 pm

Correct! Doug Aldrich was on Electra that is where Ronnie was headed.
Magica with Craig did not do so well. Fever Dreams was the only descent track on there. As far as Craig Goldy touring under the Dio Disples that is a joke!

All Access Member

Postby harddriver » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:42 pm

He was just 18 and in between a lady and a man :? ? Were the throw before the toss ? . Great voice and music but you got to admit his lyrics didnt make a damn bit of sense :? But i loved Dio so dont get me wrong.

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Tue May 03, 2011 1:46 pm

I still want to hear the recordings for Magica II just because it is Dio.

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Wed May 04, 2011 6:25 pm

Well, Paul since it's heavily on your mind maybe you should write to them yourself: Ms. Wendy Dio and Guitarist-Craig Goldy. Only they really have the answer for you. I realized that fame Music Artists/Celebrities lives are highly under the microscope in all and with much gossip things get takent out of content & twisted up. So, personally to me their I don't get wrapped up in that AND plus Mr. RONNIE JAMES DIO made amends with his Wife WENDY and has the highest respects for his Lead Guitarist Craig GOLDY. Who knows what advice and directions he give to them before his Magica Eyes set to rest. LOVE You Ronnie James Dio rest in sweet Harmony and I hope and pray that Wendy Dio & your band DIO (Goldy, Bain, etc.,.) carry on your music legacy, and that their will be a DIO-Magica II. Much respects!

Killer of Giants

Postby MrScary1971 » Thu May 05, 2011 12:08 pm

Shadow wrote:Well, Paul since it's heavily on your mind maybe you should write to them yourself: Ms. Wendy Dio and Guitarist-Craig Goldy. Only they really have the answer for you. I realized that fame Music Artists/Celebrities lives are highly under the microscope in all and with much gossip things get takent out of content & twisted up. So, personally to me their I don't get wrapped up in that AND plus Mr. RONNIE JAMES DIO made amends with his Wife WENDY and has the highest respects for his Lead Guitarist Craig GOLDY. Who knows what advice and directions he give to them before his Magica Eyes set to rest. LOVE You Ronnie James Dio rest in sweet Harmony and I hope and pray that Wendy Dio & your band DIO (Goldy, Bain, etc.,.) carry on your music legacy, and that their will be a DIO-Magica II. Much respects!

I could live with it Shadow if Goldy produces the record with Jorn Lande on vocals, Bain on bass, and Vinnie Appice on the skins. Other than that forget it.

Found this on wikipedia.

The album may be re-issued with bonus tracks. Dio guitarist Craig Goldy stated in a recent interview "We were working on tracks for a new DIO album just before Ronnie died in May. And we did almost finish one song. Wendy [Dio, Ronnie's widow/manager] has been talking about reissuing [DIO's] 'Magica' album (originally released in 2000) with bonus tracks, including this one." Goldy goes on to say of the lyrics, that they were written by Dio when he was fighting cancer, and are "very emotional" and "hard to listen to without a lump at the back of your throat".[

Return to Free for all...