Operation Mindcrime 2

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

All Access Member

Operation Mindcrime 2

Postby SHREDDER1 » Thu May 19, 2011 6:42 pm

When the album came out a few year`s back,it got mixed review`s from the board.I`d like to know what you folk`s think of it now that it has time to settle.I think they did a great job of a revisit.What do you say?

Killer of Giants

Re: Operation Mindcrime 2

Postby Doobie » Fri May 20, 2011 6:04 am

I liked it but, very much unlike the first album, I don't find it a play through from first to last song very often ... there are a couple I skip over at times.

Killer of Giants

Postby MrScary1971 » Fri May 20, 2011 1:35 pm

SHREDDER1 wrote:When the album came out a few year`s back,it got mixed review`s from the board.I`d like to know what you folk`s think of it now that it has time to settle.I think they did a great job of a revisit.What do you say?

As a huge Ryche fan I though it was the best album they did since Promised Land. I liked "I'm American", "Hostage" , "The Hands", "Re-arrange You", "The Chase" Ronnie Fricking Dio RIP and "Murderer" which has the wickedest solo from the "Whip" Wilton in a long time. The story was nowhere near as good and it did not transition from song to song as well as OM1. I found the first album went out with a huge bang with side 2 kicking off with "The Needle Lies" , the middle "I Don't Believe In Love" and the final opus "Eyes Of A Stranger". OM2 sees our "hero" Mickey basically whining away for the last few songs which are bland and ends on a more predictable but tragic note. Considering OM is an all-time top ten album imo, they did a very good job following up an album that no one could top. Also key contributor Chris DeGarmo who is a great guitarist/songwriter/ backup singer is sorely missing from the follow up.

OM1 10/10
OM2 7.5-8/10

BTW - I do not care for the audio samples of the new Ryche album "Dedicated Chaos". Check Amazon.com for that.

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Mon May 23, 2011 11:12 am

Still like this album.

Postby ReverendBow » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:09 am

Too bad Mike Stone blows.....

I Miss DeGarmo

Return to Free for all...