Lynch

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

Lynch

Postby Doobie » Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:46 am

From Melodicrock.com:
GEORGE LYNCH SET TO RELEASE NEW SOLO ALBUM JUNE 21:
George Lynch, the charismatic lead guitarist for Dokken and leader of his own dual rock bands, Lynch Mob and Souls of We, has announced plans to release his eleventh solo album in nearly twenty years. Kill All Control is set for release on June 21 through Rocket Science, Inc. What began as a follow-up to the Souls of We debut, Let The Truth Be Known, George quickly realized the project was taking on a new direction with the addition of Powerman 5000 drummer, Adrian Ost. While writing with Souls of We singer, London LeGrand (Brides of Destruction), George noted, “The creative juices flowed and we wrote most of the CD in 10 days.”
Kill All Control combines many of Lynch's varied styles and histories, including a reflection back to earlier days which spawned a follow up to the instrumental Dokken track, “Mr.Scary”, called “Son Of Scary” featuring Fred Coury of Cinderella on Drums. Additional guests on the album include a variety of known singers. Will Marten (Earshot), Marc Torien (Bullet Boys), and Keith St. John (Montrose) all joined in on the new album in which George hopes he was able “to create an eclectic listening experience for my fans.”
In 2009, George re-formed Lynch Mob and released Smoke and Mirrors, which resulted in an extended tour and the reuniting of the original Lynch Mob Line-up, to the delight of many fans. Lynch Mob are currently also working on a new album, due out later this year.
Lynch came to fame in the 1980s through his work as the lead guitarist in the band Dokken. Dokken had a string of successful platinum albums including Under Lock and Key and Back For The Attack, both of which featured Lynch's inventive and intricate guitar work.
The track listing for Kill All Control is: 1. Kill All Control 2. Brank New Day 3. Done 4. Flys on the Wall 5. Wicked Witch 6. Man on Fire 7. Voices In My Head 8. Resurrect 9. Here Comes The Sun 10. My Enemy 11. Son of Scary.

All Access Member

Re: Lynch

Postby Shadow » Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:45 pm

Sounds intriquing and all the best to the charismatic Guitarist George Lynch and his newest album works coming out this June 2011. I'm sure it will be another treasure Master keep just like "Sacred Groove" is. Peace!!

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:59 am

I just found out that Lynch Mob is playing a small venue not to far from my house! SCHWING! I am there!

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:11 am

Have a great time, mrmetal. I'll be there in spirit!

Postby Fretman » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:13 am

mrmetal wrote:I just found out that Lynch Mob is playing a small venue not to far from my house! SCHWING! I am there!

Where?

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:52 am

GUITARIST GEORGE LYNCH ANNOUNCES LYNCH MOB U.S. TOUR DATES:
George Lynch, the charismatic lead guitarist for Dokken, and leader of his own dual rock bands, Lynch Mob and Souls of We, announces the summer U.S. tour with the re-formed Lynch Mob beginning on July 29 in Houston, TX and finishing in late August on West Coast - with more dates to be announced shortly.
As previously announced, Lynch is releasing his next solo album, Kill All Control, on July 19 through Rocket Science, Inc. This much-anticipated album is the eleventh in his nearly twenty year career. It began as a follow-up to the Souls of We debut, Let The Truth Be Known, however, Lynch quickly realized the project was taking on a new direction with the addition of Powerman 5000 drummer, Adrian Ost. In collaboration with Souls of We singer, London LeGrand (Brides of Destruction), Lynch noted that, "the creative juices just flowed and we wrote most of the CD in 10 days."
Kill All Control combines many of Lynch's various styles and histories, including a reflection back to his earlier days, which spawned a follow up to the instrumental Dokken track, "Mr.Scary", called "Son Of Scary", featuring Fred Coury of Cinderella on Drums. Additional guests on the album include a variety of well-known singers; Will Marten (Earshot), Marc Torien (Bullet Boys), and Keith St. John (Montrose) all joined in on the new album. Lynch hopes he's created an "eclectic listening experience for all my fans."
In 2009, Lynch re-formed Lynch Mob and released Smoke and Mirrors, which resulted in an extended tour and the reuniting of the band's original line-up, to the delight of many fans. Lynch Mob is currently working on a new album, due out later this year.
Lynch came to fame in the 1980s through his work as the lead guitarist in the band Dokken. Dokken had a string of successful platinum albums including Under Lock and Key and Back for The Attack, both of which featured Lynch's inventive and intricate guitar work.

LYNCH MOB Tour Dates:
July 29 Houston, Tx The Flamingo Room
July 30 Oklahoma City, Ok Samurai's
July 31 Dallas, Tx Trees
August 3 Buford, Ga 37 Main
August 4 Daytona Beach, Fl Sickboys
August 6 Ft. Lauderdale, Fl Culture Room
August 10 Indianapolis, In The Rock House
August 11 Westland, Mi Token Lounge
August 12 Bolingbrook, Il Tailgater's
August 13 Columbus, Oh Alrosa Villa (With Mr. Big)
August 14 Nashville, Tn 12th And Porter
August 25 Gilroy, Ca 9 Lives
August 27 Orangevale, Ca The Boardwalk
More dates TBA.
From melodicrock.com

Secret Loser

Postby Fedaykin » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:46 pm

Lynch is a great player. One of my biggest influences. In fact, my first big arena show was in January 88 when I saw Dokken open for Aerosmith at the Forum in Los Angeles. What a show! Dokken was so damn loud that Aerosmith sounded tame after them. Jon Bon Jovi joined Aero on stage for "Rock and Roll" on the encore. That was great night. Slash was sitting five seats down from me and I saw Tommy and Heather when they were walking up the aisle and some fans asked them for autographs which they obliged. Tommy was skinny as a beanpole and tall as a flagpole. Heather was pretty in that phony blonde Hollywood kind of way that 14 year old boys consider the ideal of womanhood. That was a hell of a show. When you're 14 that's the biggest stuff on earth. When I got home that night I played along to "Into the Fire" because that was the song that really blew me away live. Most of the time Dokken was on Lynch played his tiger-tripe with a standard trem and a Duncan Distortion. He kept switching guitars, as though he was having some kind of tuning or sound problem which was mysterious to me. The opened with "Kiss of Death" and they also played "Mr Scary" which was great.
As the song from The Goldberg's goes,
"Those were the days my friend, I thought they'd never end...."
“My parents wanted me to be the next Van Cliburn, but I wanted to be the next Van Halen.”

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:41 am

Fretman wrote:
mrmetal wrote:I just found out that Lynch Mob is playing a small venue not to far from my house! SCHWING! I am there!

Where?

The Flamingo Room 9906 Gulf Freeway :twisted:

All Access Member

Postby dave1021 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:16 am

August 13th. Lynch Mob and Mr. Big @ the Alrosa Villa in Columbus. HELL YEAH!
...And somebody said Fair Warning, Lord strike that poor boy down. Turned from hunted into hunter, went to hunt somebody down.--Van Halen

Secret Loser

Postby seasons » Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:01 pm

ONI just quit Lynch Mob. 2 HOURS before their flight left for the first show of the tour.

Couldn't even get his shit together to leave the house.

Heroin?

Could be another death notice candidate. Sorry, but from all that I've seen and heard, it's not looking good for this guy. Seriously.

Now that hack Chaz West is stepping in. He blows.

I'll still go to see Lynch though.

Yoko Oni.

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:27 am

lol.... so I didn't miss anything. I couldn't make the show Friday night.

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:17 am

On a side note, went to MountainFest in Morgantown, WV this past weekend to see Ted Nugent. Much to my surprise, Mick Brown (no longer Wild, apparently), is the drummer for Ted's band. He looked good 8) He was always my favorite in Dokken ... I may have had a slight crush on him back in the day ;)

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:28 am

ONI LOGAN QUITS LYNCH MOB:
Without warning, singer Oni Logan has left Lynch Mob, the very day their US tour was to commence. A statement from the band reads: "Oni let the band and our fans down. He quit the band at 5:30 am before our 7:30 am scheduled flight. He left us high and dry and did not fulfill his commitment. We are saddened and disappointed - but as a band, we are committed to honoring our obligations."
Vocalist Chaz West (Bonham) will fly in to replace Logan for the rest of the tour, but not for the first two shows. For those Christopher C Romero was the man. He commented earlier: "With just a few hours' notice George Lynch flew Romero vocalist Christopher C Romero from Denver to Houston, TX to fill in on the first 2 dates of the tour. Bonham vocalist Chas West will handle vocal duties for the remainder of the dates. Romero will open for Mr Big in Denver, Co on August 9 th at the Summit Music Hall."
Oni Logan has been contacted for comment, but as of now has yet to reply.

Secret Loser

Postby Fedaykin » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:08 am

Doobie wrote:ONI LOGAN QUITS LYNCH MOB:
Without warning, singer Oni Logan has left Lynch Mob, the very day their US tour was to commence. A statement from the band reads: "Oni let the band and our fans down. He quit the band at 5:30 am before our 7:30 am scheduled flight. He left us high and dry and did not fulfill his commitment. We are saddened and disappointed - but as a band, we are committed to honoring our obligations."
Vocalist Chaz West (Bonham) will fly in to replace Logan for the rest of the tour, but not for the first two shows. For those Christopher C Romero was the man. He commented earlier: "With just a few hours' notice George Lynch flew Romero vocalist Christopher C Romero from Denver to Houston, TX to fill in on the first 2 dates of the tour. Bonham vocalist Chas West will handle vocal duties for the remainder of the dates. Romero will open for Mr Big in Denver, Co on August 9 th at the Summit Music Hall."
Oni Logan has been contacted for comment, but as of now has yet to reply.
That sucks that someone can just quit like that. It leaves everyone to the wind. I was in situations like that where a band-member did not keep a commitment, and even if it's just small potatoes, since I myself was never in a big band, it's wrong and totally unprofessional, and anyone who does that should not be in the biz. And if you think a singer flaking out is tough, try a bassist! It's very hard to replace a bassist. I remember one band I was in, and the bassist was always getting high and porking his girlfriend when he should have been rehearsing. One time he was porking his gf in a pool at a party we were playing at a mansion in Bel Air for some rich kid's birthday. We had to drag him out of the pool. He played the gig in swim trunks and his gf knocked over our mixing board. But the next bassist we got, even though he was not as good, was totally professional and dedicated in every way. I have a lot of respect for bassists since there are probably ten thousand six stringers for every four stringer. Although I think of the guitar as a lead instrument, I have always made my first priority in selecting bass and drum players their ability to keep a steady rhythm, with reliability a very close second. I've seen Rush and Crue live, and I respect Pert and Lee for their dedication to their instrument. Both keep perfect time, and kick major ass. Also, Mick Brown of Dokken is great, as is Bobby Blotzer who's one of the nicest rockers I've ever met. I was hanging out with Bobby and Ratt at the Crue's Dr Feelgood tour at the Forum in Feb of '90. I saw it two nights in a row; the first night with my uncle who's a drummer, and the next night with some friends who rented a stretch limo which is a fucking kick ass way to see a metal show. Ratt were babysitting Crue's kids. Mick Mars son was a nice kid and damn proud his dad was playing in front of 20, 000 Crueheads that night and every night. That's one of the best nights of my life. What a show, what an experience. And I'll say this for Nikki Sixx: that's one dedicated bass player! Even if he doesn't play like Geddy, so what: he waited till his band made it big BEFORE he got royally shit faced! Here's too all who remember their band-mates and don't flake out! Shame on Oni. Shanda Shanda Shanda, as Ratt would say were they a klezmer band!
“My parents wanted me to be the next Van Cliburn, but I wanted to be the next Van Halen.”

Return to Free for all...