Ratt: Pioneers of Polka

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Secret Loser

Ratt: Pioneers of Polka

Postby Fedaykin » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:39 am

When Mickey Rat, the nucleus of what was to become the biggest polka act in America after Myron Floren and both Al Yankovics (Weird Al included) formed in the last days of the Carter administration, no one knew the impact they would have. The first incarnation featured Tomasz Kryzezinszinzky on accordion, until he was arrested for disorderly conduct wearing a Captain Kangaroo guise at the Casmimir Pulaski Day festival in East Niles, Illinois in 1980. In stepped Jake E Lee, who took over accordion duties with ease. Ratt continued to rock the polka world, with songs like Round and Round the Polka Square, which evolved into Round and Round, and Sweet Cabbage which involved into Sweet Cheater, and others. After a couple of years with Ratt, Jake left to join The Prime Veal Cutlets, which changed their name to Rough Cutt, and in stepped Martin Demarzinski, who took on the stage name Warren DiMartini. After another year with Rough Cutt, Jake joined the Greg Lezinzki Invitation (later known as the Greg Leon Invasion) playing weddings and Polish bingo parlor and Solidarnosz (solidarity) fundraisers on behalf of Lech Walesa and the Polish freedom movement. Jake's next stop was playing with Jan "Ozzy" Oznarski on the Szszekac Przy Za Ksiezyc aka SPZK aka Bark at the Moon aka BATM tour. Once, in an interview, Warren DiMartini commented that not only could you tell the sound of Jake on the accordion from all other players because of his distinctive style, but because of all the paprika residue he left on the keys. After the fall of the Berlin wall, Lech Walesa, the leader of the Polish solidarity movement, was asked what most motivated people through the dark days of Soviet dominated communism in the eastern block, and he had one answer: "Jake's accordion solo from the Szszekac Przy Za Ksiezyz tour, in particular the one he played on Samobojstwo Rozwiazanie [Suicide Solution]." :P
“My parents wanted me to be the next Van Cliburn, but I wanted to be the next Van Halen.”

Ultimate Sinner

Re: Ratt: Pioneers of Polka

Postby Allfyve » Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:19 am

YOU'RE NOT FUNNY :!: :!: :!:
BETTER PUT YOUR REFFERENCES ''TO THIS BOOK'' ELSEWHERE

Killer of Giants

Postby Rock » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:58 am

Allfyve wrote:YOU'RE NOT FUNNY :!: :!: :!:

Hahaha I think its quite entertaining :P

Ultimate Sinner

Postby Allfyve » Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:19 pm

Rock wrote:

in what way :?: :?: :?: ....... Polish bingo parlor :?: or lingo
And this is about related jake-talk , not storytelling or Free for all

Killer of Giants

Postby Rock » Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:57 pm

Allfyve wrote:
Rock wrote:

in what way :?: :?: :?: ....... Polish bingo parlor :?: or lingo
And this is about related jake-talk , not storytelling or Free for all

Maybe its posted in the wrong section, but I think its funny, maybe just our Australian sense of humor :)

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:47 am

moderation wanted 8)
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Postby Fretman » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:10 am

Moved to Free For All.

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:14 pm

Waaayyyy, outthere totally false..'made-up! Although the made-up story is sorta humourous it can become quite damaging for some may fall into believeing such non-sense. When in fact...'If you want TRUE facts and History on a Musician: always check-out their BIO-Disco (the true Facts, that the Admin(s)/Webmaster, whole Heartenly gathered), etc.,. on the greeting page of their Website for that's where the actual facts are. The Webmaster & Administer(s) here at JAKE E. LEE Website have done an excellent job here gathering factual Music Info/Bio on Jake E. Lee's Music Career which is a solid and grounded and it shouldn't be taken lightly nor made fun of. Much respects. And wish the legendary Musician Jake E. Lee more groovin' music yrs. and look forward to his music input on Musician Sarah Thiele "Built Like the Sun" Solo album this Fall 2011, I believe. Plus, as I've said countless times "please" JAKE do a "Retraced II" and if possible a follow-up to a "Fine Pink Mist" <> maybe call it "Blue Mist" and if possible have Greg Chaisson & Jeff Martin & Eric Singer guest appear on it...'and do some songs dedicated to you guys bother in music-crime Ray Gillen (may he rest in sweet harmony). Some songs mellow and alot of them just trailblazing away!! Something to consider and hope it will follow through plus of course WA w/the Beast Mandy Lion. Peace and once again, much respects!

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:02 am

Shadow, get a grip.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby guitarninja » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:01 am

we are all fans of Jake, that's why we are here. Being hardcore fans means we should know the difference between fact and fiction, if you do not understand this "story" move on with yourself. There is a big difference between somebody claiming they are grilling out with "the Man" and somebody trying to lighten up the mood when we have absolutely no news to report about Jake at this time!! Besides, that Ratt story was brilliant to me.
Jake will always be my favorite guitar player, but take this down time to check out other players,(as most of you seem to do). Expand your horizons, I have bought more new music over the last year than the previous ten combined, and when I need a fix for the classics, out comes Badlands, Pink Mist, BATM, U Sin- you get the idea. Sorry to rant, now go crank the last Accept cd.
GN

All Access Member

Postby dave1021 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:26 pm

Um guys...
THis thread and the other thread are intended as JOKES. Very "Waitng for Guffman", "A Mighty Wind", "Spinal Tap" ish if ya ask me. Probably in response to Floridageorgiagal. If she can make up her oun version of Jake's history, why can't someone else? And these are FUNNY. So take em for what they are, HUMOR.
Later
...And somebody said Fair Warning, Lord strike that poor boy down. Turned from hunted into hunter, went to hunt somebody down.--Van Halen

Ultimate Sinner

Postby Allfyve » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:19 am

Rock wrote:
Allfyve wrote:
Rock wrote:

in what way :?: :?: :?: ....... Polish bingo parlor :?: or lingoAnd this is about related jake-talk , not storytelling or Free for all
Maybe its posted in the wrong section, but I think its funny, maybe just our Australian sense of humor :)

HOWEVER THE STORY ITSELF I'LL GIVE SOME ACCLAIM TO WHOEVER HAS WRITTEN IT -LIKE THE OTHER ONE Jakob Geza Lazlo, the pride of Hungar, AND THERE ARE SOME HISTORICAL FACTS AS WELL , GIVING IT SOME SUBSTANCE OF HUMOR ,,ELSE = 8O :?:

Killer of Giants

Postby Rock » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:34 pm

dave1021 wrote:Um guys...
THis thread and the other thread are intended as JOKES. Very "Waitng for Guffman", "A Mighty Wind", "Spinal Tap" ish if ya ask me. Probably in response to Floridageorgiagal. If she can make up her oun version of Jake's history, why can't someone else? And these are FUNNY. So take em for what they are, HUMOR.
Later

Yep Dave, the real fans know its a joke, I think its fkn funny as fuk, and clever, I am sur Jake would get a laugh too, its classic hahaha :)

Secret Loser

Postby Fedaykin » Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:49 am

The man the world knows as Jake E Lee was born Yacov Levi, in Ramat Gan, Israel, and raised on Kibbutz Meshugena, in the Negev desert, just one year after the War of 56, also known as the Suez Crisis. Growing up under the shadow of war, young Yacov learned early the dangers inherent in this world. While a student of music at the Herzl Conservatory, his ability to master multiple instruments was recognized as a valuable asset to the nascent Jewish state. So he was made a youth ambassador. It was while serving in this capacity during a piano recital in Prague that young Yacov's skill at "hasbara" (public relations) was recognized by legendary Mossad spy master David Kimche, the onetime chef who created the pickled cabbage dish that took both Koreas by storm long before their civil war. In fact, it was during his recital that young Yacov is said to have acted to secure the release of several Soviet Refuseniks being held in Lubyanka prison for unauthorized distribution of Loggins and Messina "House on Pooh Corner" singles in the winter of '71. Of course, what happened at the Olympics in Munich the following year is history. But the aftermath is not fully known, until now.
As is known, after the terrible massacre of Israel's olympic team by the terrorist group Black September, Israeli Prime Minister Golda Meir called an emergency cabinet meeting. In this meeting she ordered Mossad Director Zvi Zamir to initiate Operation Wrath of God. But what has been unknown till now is the existence of a more secret operation involving sonic weaponry based of the research of legendary musicologist, philosopher, and sociologist Theodore Adorno: Operation Black Sabbath.
Operation Black Sabbath consisted of the use of sonic frequencies coupled with loud music to disrupt nerves and shatter the bones of terrorists. Agent Levi, sneaking into Lebanon as a member of an Anne Murray cover band, took part in the operation by using a hard tail strat with a screechy bridge single coil with an abrasive 60 cycle hum. As Yehud Barak and company took part in Operation Spring of Youth disguised as Revlon sells reps, Agent Levi emitted tones and frequencies decided upon before months in advance of the operation, of which his part was called, Operation Supernaut.
Another operation that has been unknown till know is Operation TARR: The Ayatollahs of Rocka Rolla. During Operation TARR, Agent Levi and his team of sonic daredevils worked to free the staff of EDF GmBH, which does not stand for Erectile Dis-Funtion but rather Ein Drei Funf. A Bonn based computer data corporation with ties to the CIA and Mattell, EDF was hired by the Shah's government to replace the pressurization system on all of Iran's oil refineries. Under the agreement, EDF was also given a large amount of unrefined petroleum byproduct for the manufacture of Meatloaf figurines so Mattel could compete with Galoob's line of KISS figurines. As is to be expected, Agent Levi, hereby referred to as Agent Lee, and his band of musically inclined San Diegans, TARR, take center stage. Just as Tehran is erupting in revolutionary insanity, TARR hang-glide into Tehran Square and land on the roof of the EDF building, just across the street from the IBM (now known as Iranian Business Machine) building. Unbeknownst to the crowd below, whom they are distracting with the song Top Secret, Agent Lee is actually using a specially made Sampson wireless with stronger than usual reception and guiding a Delta Force team to the hostages. As the Delta Force uses shape charges to breach the door jambs of the executive office where the hostages are being held, the Guitar Ninja breaks into an early version of the Bark at the Moon solo. By the time he is on the outro the score is thus: Operation TARR: Victory; terrorists: 0.
And if you believe any of this, I've got a bridge in Mostar I'd like to sell ya!
“My parents wanted me to be the next Van Cliburn, but I wanted to be the next Van Halen.”

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:55 am

guitarninja wrote:we are all fans of Jake, that's why we are here. Being hardcore fans means we should know the difference between fact and fiction, if you do not understand this "story" move on with yourself. There is a big difference between somebody claiming they are grilling out with "the Man" and somebody trying to lighten up the mood when we have absolutely no news to report about Jake at this time!! Besides, that Ratt story was brilliant to me.
Jake will always be my favorite guitar player, but take this down time to check out other players,(as most of you seem to do). Expand your horizons, I have bought more new music over the last year than the previous ten combined, and when I need a fix for the classics, out comes Badlands, Pink Mist, BATM, U Sin- you get the idea. Sorry to rant, now go crank the last Accept cd.
GN
:wink:

Next

Return to Free for all...