Yngwie Mermelstein, Guitar God

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Secret Loser

Re: Yngwie Mermelstein, Guitar God

Postby Fedaykin » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:52 pm

Allfyve wrote:
seasons wrote:Actually it's worse than that.Yngwie's real name is LARS LENNERBACK.
Seriously.

yup sir seriously as a horse ! and here are some more fresh copied from Wipi;
:arrow: Lars Johan Yngve Lannerbäck in Stockholm
:arrow: the age of 10 he took his mother's maiden name Malmsten as his surname, slightly changed it to Malmsteen, and Anglicised his given name Yngve to "Yngwie".
:arrow: Malmsteen was a teenager when he first encountered the music of the 19th century violin virtuoso Niccolò Paganini, whom he cites as his biggest classical music influence

Allfyve, you completely omitted the dominant influence of 17th century Yiddish klezmer fiddle player Johan Finkelkraut! Shanda on you!
“My parents wanted me to be the next Van Cliburn, but I wanted to be the next Van Halen.”

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:56 pm

Allfyve wrote:
seasons wrote:Actually it's worse than that.Yngwie's real name is LARS LENNERBACK.
Seriously.

:arrow: the age of 10 he took his mother's maiden name Malmsten as his surname, slightly changed it to Malmsteen, and Anglicised his given name Yngve to "Yngwie".
:arrow: Malmsteen was a teenager when he first encountered the music of the 19th century violin virtuoso Niccolò Paganini, whom he cites as his biggest classical music influence

Hmmm, I don't think so: For YNGWIE is a pretty unique & unusual name and it is the fameous Virtuoso "real name" Yngwie Malmsteen.

Secret Loser

Postby Fedaykin » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:17 pm

Shadow wrote:
Allfyve wrote:
Seriously.

Hmmm, I don't think so: For YNGWIE is a pretty unique & unusual name and it is the fameous Virtuoso "real name" Yngwie Malmsteen.
Shadow, there's a new invention. They sell it at Walmart. It's called Humor Sensor. Buy one.
“My parents wanted me to be the next Van Cliburn, but I wanted to be the next Van Halen.”

Secret Loser

Postby seasons » Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:33 pm

Okay first, my info didn't come from 'Wiki'. I come from an era where we actually knew things about our favorite artists and didn't rely on gadgets to look everything up when in a discussion.

Second, to Shadow, I'm not being part of any joking around on this. Especially not with that new guy on here who wastes hours and hours typing up elaborate 'gags' all the time that aren't funny at all. He's starting to ruin this forum. I'm all for joking around and having some fun, but when EVERYTHING he posts is some rambling attempt at humor, it's gotten really old really fast. And I doubt too many on here would disagree.

I was as skeptical as you (shadow) when I first heard about Yngwie's real name, but it's true.

His real name really truly is Lars Lannerback. (I might be spelling the last name wrong, but this is for real.) And you can even see the thank you sections on his albums he thanks his lannerback family members.

Secret Loser

Postby Fedaykin » Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:03 am

seasons wrote:Okay first, my info didn't come from 'Wiki'. I come from an era where we actually knew things about our favorite artists and didn't rely on gadgets to look everything up when in a discussion.

Second, to Shadow, I'm not being part of any joking around on this. Especially not with that new guy on here who wastes hours and hours typing up elaborate 'gags' all the time that aren't funny at all. He's starting to ruin this forum. I'm all for joking around and having some fun, but when EVERYTHING he posts is some rambling attempt at humor, it's gotten really old really fast. And I doubt too many on here would disagree.

I was as skeptical as you (shadow) when I first heard about Yngwie's real name, but it's true.

His real name really truly is Lars Lannerback. (I might be spelling the last name wrong, but this is for real.) And you can even see the thank you sections on his albums he thanks his lannerback family members.

From what I have heard, Yngwie did not get along well with his father who was in the military and wanted his son to go the same route, and he wound up taking his mother's maiden name, which is not unusual in Scandinavian countries where many children are born out of wedlock and the children are often closer to the mother, and they have a welfare state that makes families unnecessary, unless love is involved. A good friend of mine from Denmark did the same thing, taking his mother's maiden name. Yngwie can rename himself Sir Shreds a Lot if he wants to, because he's truly a guitar god. I saw him in '88 when he had Joe Lynn Turner fronting, and that was a great show. When you actually see what a player like Yngwie can do live, you see what sheer awesomeness is. I'm a Jake fan, but I think Yngwie's (and Pablo Escobar's) contributions to music are extraordinary. I also love his strat tone, which compliments his style. I've watched live footage of Alcatrazz and Yngwie stole the show, although Graham Bonnett is still one of the great frontmen of rock, even though he looks like Max Headroom.

Ultimate Sinner

Postby Allfyve » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:58 am

seasons wrote:Okay first, my info didn't come from 'Wiki'. I come from an era where we actually knew things about our favorite artists and didn't rely on gadgets to look everything up when in a discussion.

EVENTHOUGH U COMES FROM THE ERA DOSNT SAY THAT U KNOW THINGS -THANKS TO WIPI FOR INFO, BUT ON PERSONAL DESCRIPTIONS THERE COULD BE ALOT OF ERRORS :!:
Lannerbäck spells with ä first the ¨ then an a = ä
i'm not getting it why this name should sound 'bad'' 8O ehfs
ANYHOOO more info
he was married to Erika Norberg
..... and they had a cat , i THINK it was of a Himalayan breed but anyway it was a persian named Fluffy of which they had issues in custody due to their divorcing
i dunno were FluffY ended up... but since then Yngve met April EVENTHOUGH his birthday is in July ,,,they hung out until they gotten married ...lol i asked them both to sign on a photo-on-something-else ,ETC....

Secret Loser

Postby Fedaykin » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:12 am

Allfyve wrote:

EVENTHOUGH U COMES FROM THE ERA DOSNT SAY THAT U KNOW THINGS -THANKS TO WIPI FOR INFO, BUT ON PERSONAL DESCRIPTIONS THERE COULD BE ALOT OF ERRORS :!:
Lannerbäck spells with ä first the ¨ then an a = ä
i'm not getting it why this name should sound 'bad'' 8O ehfs
ANYHOOO more info
he was married to Erika Norberg
..... and they had a cat , i THINK it was of a Himalayan breed but anyway it was a persian named Fluffy of which they had issues in custody due to their divorcing
i dunno were FluffY ended up... but since then Yngve met April EVENTHOUGH his birthday is in July ,,,they hung out until they gotten married ...lol i asked them both to sign on a photo-on-something-else ,ETC....
I think I heard about this in the news. When they got into a fight she hit his car with a golf club--I mean, stratocaster, right?

Ultimate Sinner

Postby Allfyve » Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:50 pm

Fedaykin wrote:I think I heard about this in the news. When they got into a fight she hit his car with a golf club--I mean, stratocaster, right?

WHOOOO KNOWS,,,,, but i didnt-did she.... :)

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:22 pm

seasons wrote:His real name really truly is Lars Lannerback. (I might be spelling the last name wrong, but this is for real.) And you can even see the thank you sections on his albums he thanks his lannerback family members.

partly right.
Yngwie is the english version of his birthname Yngve(pretty close huh ;) )
although his full name is Lars(his fathers name) Johan Yngve(his given name)
Lannerback(later Malmsten/Malmsteen). :)
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Secret Loser

Postby Fedaykin » Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:52 pm

MetalHead wrote:
seasons wrote:His real name really truly is Lars Lannerback. (I might be spelling the last name wrong, but this is for real.) And you can even see the thank you sections on his albums he thanks his lannerback family members.

partly right.
Is Yngwie from Africa?

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:30 am

Fedaykin wrote:
MetalHead wrote:

partly right.
Is Yngwie from Africa?

he does have big curly hair, but I don't think so.
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Secret Loser

Postby Fedaykin » Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:06 am

MetalHead wrote:
Fedaykin wrote:
MetalHead wrote:

partly right.
Is Yngwie from Africa?

he does have big curly hair, but I don't think so.
I heard Pushkin was from africa too.

Previous

Return to Free for all...