Jake's solo and Never from TUS tour in Edinburgh

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Secret Loser

Jake's solo and Never from TUS tour in Edinburgh

Postby Fedaykin » Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:16 am

“My parents wanted me to be the next Van Cliburn, but I wanted to be the next Van Halen.”

Killer of Giants

Re: Jake's solo and Never from TUS tour in Edinburgh

Postby mrmetal » Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:32 am

Very cool... so is this.... Jake and Castillo playing Over the Mountain!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wfl1ShjS ... ideo_title

Secret Loser

Postby Fedaykin » Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:46 pm

Cool. OTM is one of those songs he does not play these days. Thanks for finding it. I have never been able to find SATO live. I'd love to hear that one with Randy and Jake. SATO would have been great for an opening song, as good as I Don't Know. Jake was the best guitarist Ozzy ever had, and the best to come out of the 80s.
“My parents wanted me to be the next Van Cliburn, but I wanted to be the next Van Halen.”

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:38 pm

..'pretty crazy music Concert-Classic "Never & Over the Mountain" vibes going on there (Ozzy, Jake & Castillo jamming) and the pictures even crazier. Made me giggle OZZY as Van Helsing & his lady, too that was outtrages funny and the pic of him in "Over the Mountain" priceless.

Secret Loser

Postby Fedaykin » Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:28 pm

Shadow wrote:..'pretty crazy music Concert-Classic "Never & Over the Mountain" vibes going on there (Ozzy, Jake & Castillo jamming) and the pictures even crazier. Made me giggle OZZY as Van Helsing & his lady, too that was outtrages funny and the pic of him in "Over the Mountain" priceless.

Did you see Jake live on concert with Ozzy? If so you're lucky. That would have been a kick ass show.

Postby skezza » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:45 am

Jake did over the mountain several times while with Ozzy. So it's great to hear this. Awesome :)
WWW.ULTIMATERHOADS.COM - Randy Rhoads Website!

All Access Member

Postby tedeeoo » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:28 pm

If I recall this right, I believe this was the last time OTM was performed live by Ozzy wasn't it? I'd have to check over at Ultimaterhoads.com but I believe I remember Ian (trigger)saying that.

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:43 am

Fedaykin wrote:
Did you see Jake live on concert with Ozzy? If so you're lucky. That would have been a kick ass show.

Twice! Bark at the Moon and Ultimate Sin tour!

Secret Loser

Postby Fedaykin » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:42 pm

mrmetal wrote:
Fedaykin wrote:

Well you are lucky then, because I had to endure Zack twice! The NRFTW tour and NMT. I thought, "this would have been a much better show if Jake were still his sideman."

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:55 pm

Fedaykin wrote:
mrmetal wrote:
Fedaykin wrote:

Well you are lucky then, because I had to endure Zack twice! The NRFTW tour and NMT. I thought, "this would have been a much better show if Jake were still his sideman."

Ahhh... it was the 80s man. A lot of good music was out then, bands were coming to town all the time.

It also shows my age. :oops:

Secret Loser

Postby Fedaykin » Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:43 pm

mrmetal wrote:
Fedaykin wrote:
mrmetal wrote:
Fedaykin wrote:

Ahhh... it was the 80s man. A lot of good music was out then, bands were coming to town all the time.

I wish I could have seen the BATM tour, with Crue opening on the Shout tour at the Long Beach Arena. That would have been kick ass. And the the Ultimate Sin tour, and Scorps on the Blackout and Love at First Sting tours at the Forum. God, was music ever great in those days, and the vibes, the women, the pre-show parking lot parties, the shows, the after show parties, going to Denny's or Norm's after a show and having burgers and sundaes. Those were great times, and to be honest, I am glad I experienced what I did of those days, because if I were a teen now I would have hardly any of that. I feel sorry for teens now because they don't have the music we had, and they live in a country (the USA at least) which is far less free, much more of a wimpy nanny state. When I was a teen in the late 80s, early 90s, one could still make mistakes in life and grow from them. Now we live in a sterile, lifeless void in which we have to look backwards rather than forwards for inspiration.

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:07 pm

Fedaykin wrote:
mrmetal wrote:
Fedaykin wrote:
mrmetal wrote:
Fedaykin wrote:

Those were great times, and to be honest, I am glad I experienced what I did of those days, because if I were a teen now I would have hardly any of that. I feel sorry for teens now because they don't have the music we had, and they live in a country (the USA at least) which is far less free, much more of a wimpy nanny state. When I was a teen in the late 80s, early 90s, one could still make mistakes in life and grow from them. Now we live in a sterile, lifeless void in which we have to look backwards rather than forwards for inspiration.

A lot of kids are doing that actually. I have taken my kids to see as many concerts as I can. They have gotten to see Kiss, AC/DC, Iron Maiden, Motley Crue, Poison, Black Sabbath with Dio - er.... I mean Heaven and Hell, Megadeth, so they have gotten to see some cool bands.

There are still some good shows where I live. Going to see Lynch Mob at the end of the month!

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:14 pm

Fedaykin wrote:
Shadow wrote:..'pretty crazy music Concert-Classic "Never & Over the Mountain" vibes going on there (Ozzy, Jake & Castillo jamming) and the pictures even crazier. Made me giggle OZZY as Van Helsing & his lady, too that was outtrages funny and the pic of him in "Over the Mountain" priceless.

Did you see Jake live on concert with Ozzy? If so you're lucky. That would have been a kick ass show.[/quote
Unfortunately I never saw JAKE perform live when in OZZY's band nor his own band BADLANDS.
When I saw MANDY LION-WWIII (JAKE E. LEE's partner in WICKED ALLIANCE) in the Winter of 2003, I believe at the Club Volka Hollywood, CA w/BEAUTIFUL CREATURES (both bands were DYNOMITE!!! Putted on a Concert Event that made your eyeballs fall out!!! 8O :twisted: :D WOW!) ...'I'd looked forward to seeing the da Oge too as a surprise but he never made a surprise guest appearance w/theBeast. Oh, well hopefully in the near future both wicked*legends can make surprise guests appearances at each other's Concert Events. That would be nice :!:

Return to Free for all...