Bach

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

Bach

Postby Doobie » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:14 am

I know a lot of people loathe him but, I've always thought he, Halford and Tate were "THE" voices of the 80's. If you've never heard the studio version of the tune "Quicksand Jesus" with Bach singing, I'd recommend it. Looking forward to this one myself ...

SEBASTIAN BACH'S "KICKING & SCREAMING" OUT IN SEPTEMBER VIA FRONTIERS RECORDS WORLDWIDE:
Sebastian Bach's new solo album Kicking & Screaming will be released on September 27 via Frontiers Records in North America and September 23 in Europe and is produced by Bob Marlette (Black Sabbath, Shinedown, Atreyu, Filter). The album will be available in three separate configurations: jewel box CD, deluxe digipak with bonus track and bonus DVD and double LP gatefold vinyl. The recording features young virtuosic guitarist Nick Sterling and drum pro Bobby Jarzombek (Halford, Riot, Iced Earth), as well a guest appearance by noted guitarist John 5 (Marilyn Manson, Rob Zombie) on “TunnelVision”.
Sebastian Bach has sold in excess of 20 million records worldwide as lead singer with his former band, Skid Row and as a solo artist. Far from just being a multi-platinum recording artist, the singer/songwriter/actor/entertainer has expanded his career over the past decade to include episodic television with a 5-season recurring role on the CW's hit series “Gilmore Girls”, starring roles on Broadway (“Jekyll & Hyde”, “The Rocky Horror Picture Show”) and national touring companies (“Jesus Chris Superstar”), and has appeared regularly on MTV and VH1.
Kicking & Screaming track listing: 1. Kicking & Screaming 2. My Own Worst Enemy 3. TunnelVision (featuring John 5) 4. Dance On Your Grave 5. Caught In A Dream 6. As Long As I Got The Music 7. I'm Alive 8. Dirty Power 9. Live The Life 10. Dream Forever 11. One Good Reason 12. Lost In The Light 13. Wishin'. Bonus tracks: 1. Jumpin' Off The Wagon – only available on the physical CD/DVD editions 2. Ain't There Yet – iTunes exclusive.
Bach on the web: www.sebastianbach.com / www.facebook.com/sebastianbach / www.twitter.com/sebastianbach / www.reverbnation.com/sebastianbach / www.frontiers.it.

(as posted on melodicrock.com)

All Access Member

Re: Bach

Postby Gutterflower » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:07 am

Bach is definitely a diva :) but I love him anyway! He's got the pipes, for sure. I thought he was hysterical on VH1's Supergroup.

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:35 pm

Speaking of Bobby Jarzombek, he is releasing a cd with Jim Matheos and Jon Arch. It is going to be sweet!

http://www.archmatheos.com/

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:16 am

Gutterflower, do you remember the "Savage Animal" episode??? My daughter and I still laugh our asses off at that one! We use the term frequently now!

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:24 am

Doobie wrote:Gutterflower, do you remember the "Savage Animal" episode??? My daughter and I still laugh our asses off at that one! We use the term frequently now!

Refresh my memory - it's been a while. I do remember when they were thinking of naming the band FIST! lol

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:28 am

Here you go: http://www.vh1.com/video/shows/supergro ... id=1539781

"It rolls off my tongue" ... bwahahaha

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:42 pm

Sounds, great the new music samples on his/BACH's 'Site: the wild Sebastian still has that lovly-powerhouse Vocals and what a cool bunch of other amazing musicians helping him out with his new album. All the best! Oh, yes I agree Drummer Bobby Jarzombek is awesome musician. 8O Peace!!

Killer of Giants

Postby Fakeblue » Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:30 pm

If you're looking for fun stories with Baz in utter goofiness, check out this Video tape

Ultimate Sinner

Postby Allfyve » Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:31 am

Fakeblue wrote:If you're looking for fun stories with Baz in utter goofiness, check out this Video tape

cover image fuckn gros - yack
:!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

Secret Loser

Postby Fedaykin » Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:39 am

The world knows him as Sebastian Bach, but we call him....Doctor Chicken! BBBACH! BBBACH! COCKADOODLE DOO!
“My parents wanted me to be the next Van Cliburn, but I wanted to be the next Van Halen.”

Secret Loser

Postby seasons » Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:44 pm

Well, since Halford comes from a 70's band (sorry to all the KIDS out there who continue to lump Priest and tons of other 70's bands in with "hair bands") I would never think of him as "the voice of the 80's."

And as Sebastian came at the very tail end of the 80's, hard to give him that title either. Great call on Quicksand Jesus, as that is just an INCREDIBLE vocal, but it was on an album that came out in 1991.

Picky maybe, but I'm particular about my time lines.

So, Halfard came out of the early 70's, Bas barely even made the 80's, professionally speaking.

Geoff, well that's another story...

What really sucks, is how bad Tate and Bach suck now. Very upsetting.

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:28 am

Seasons, although Halford was a voice in the 70s as well, some of us remember the Judas Priest days of the 80s ... Turbo days. I guess it depends on your age and the era you're able to easily recall. I don't think anyone would lump them into the hairband segment, either. My rockin' years, the 80s, included music of the 70s and 80s. I saw Judas Priest numerous times in the 80s - it was always the same three playing one show - Scorpions, Judas Priest and Iron Maiden - none of which are considered hairbands.

Secret Loser

Postby seasons » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:25 pm

No Doobie, I know YOU don't consider them a 'hair band' (HATE that term), nor would any big fans of those eras but you'd be shocked about how people (general public) lump them in sometimes. I've seen stupid on line polls that you can take where each page is a picture of a different band and it says name this 80's band or 80's hairband or whatever. I've seen Priest, Scorps, Maiden, Van Halen, and even ACCEPT all kinds of bands get lumped in.

But yes, I saw Priest in the 80's too. Never got to see them and Maiden together as that only happened in the very early 80's on just one tour. 82 I think. Saw Turbo and Ram it Down though.

I was in heaven in 2000 when three of the all time vocal gods were on one bill when Halford and Ryche opened for Maiden.

I called it the 3 Tenors Tour because of Tate, Halford and Dickinson. I even had a concert poster made up that mimicked the real three tenors live album cover only with their three faces instead and had them all sign it and presented each of them with one as well. They flipped and really loved them. Only four made, each numbered. I have #1, Halford has #2, Geoff #3 and Dickinson has #4.

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:49 am

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:25 pm

Next

Return to Free for all...