PSK, or Post Skynyrd Syndrom

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Secret Loser

PSK, or Post Skynyrd Syndrom

Postby Fedaykin » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:23 am

One thing you can always count on at any concert is PSK, or, Post Skynyrd Syndrom. PSK is not an arrogant Frenchman poking around the Ghanain bush, but rather a war cry that consists of a redneck chorus shouting, "Play some Skynyrd!" It doesn't matter if it's a RATT or Whitney Houston concert, you'll hear that. I was once at an R @ B concert and some rednecks were there, drunk, wearing denim vests and mountainman beards, and shouting the clarion call, PSK, followed by "Riggers Don't Like Niggers!" That kind of put it all together for me. A lot of riggers tend to be of the redneck persuasion, and they tend to have redneck friends, so as a result you're going to find this clump of KKK tent poles at any concert of substantial production. Sometimes you even get to hear "Play "Freebird!" right in the middle of a slap bass jam at an Earth Wind @ Fire concert.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Re: PSK, or Post Skynyrd Syndrom

Postby guitarninja » Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:12 am

unofficially, the song that you are supposed to shout out during a quiet moment at your next concert is "Dream Weaver". heard this about a month ago, not sure who sets these things up, probably the same guy that randomly picks the dates for Presidents Day, Columbus Day, Boxing Day(canada)??&%$# etc etc etc
besides, if I hear sweet home alabama or freebird one more time I'm gonna drive off a cliff!!!!!!!!!!

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:53 pm

There's a time and place for everything - and I happen to love Skynyrd :) I don't go around shouting it at shows, though LOL

Secret Loser

Postby Fedaykin » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:54 pm

I used to know a guy named Bob who was always angry and totally bald. We called him Leonard Skinhead.

Return to Free for all...