Dilana gets a gig

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

Dilana gets a gig

Postby Doobie » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:49 pm

Melodicrock.com reports:
LA GUNS (TRACII VERSION) GETS FEMALE LEAD VOCALIST:
From Gibson.com: "Tracii Guns has confirmed that Dilana Robichaux has joined L.A. Guns as the band's new vocalist. The news comes just days after a recent audition as reported by Gibson.com last week.
"Dilana is the new singer for L.A. Guns," Tracii confirmed in a statement. "After an incredible amount of scrutiny and mixed opinions the final straw was her audition, where she completely took control of the environment by injecting a type of soul into these old new songs that I have never heard before. After getting responses from the label, my agent and manager - who are all really into a drastic positive change for L.A. Guns and myself - we all feel this is a ballsy and risky change that we all collectively feel good about. I expect there will be some changes in the live setlist and I hope we can get straight into writing mode ASAP and record some fresh rock n' roll, also ASAP."
South Africa-born Robichaux was a runner-up on the TV show Rock Star: Supernova, whose winner Lucas Rossi went on to form a band with Motley Crue's Tommy Lee, Gilby Clarke (ex-Guns 'n' Roses) and Jason Newstead (ex-Metallica). She was recently honored by the Mayor of the City of Los Angeles for her work as a spokeswoman for domestic violence foundation Safe Passage.

All Access Member

Re: Dilana gets a gig

Postby Shadow » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:25 pm

I'm like her name sounds awfully familiar to me DILANA: she's that red hair Rock N Roller-Soul lady that just blow everyone away on that ROCKSTAR SUPERNOVA Show some years back!! That was a great TV Music show (miss it alot!) and legendary Rocker Gilby Clarke give her the difficult time as the other legendary Rockers (so mentioned above) thought she was pretty amazing. Thrilled to hear and "thanks" for sharing Ms. Doobie about what she's up to: Congrates to her/Dilana on being choosen to be in legendary band LA GUNS as their Frontwoman-Vocalist..'Mr. Tracii Guns picked wisely. And her Award honors by the Mayor of the City L.A. to stop domestic-violence..'her foundation Safe Passage is totally heartfelt. Amazing woman & Vocalist and wish DILANA all the best! 8) Great news.

Return to Free for all...