A cheap mimicker

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

A cheap mimicker

Postby inazuma » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:45 am

The following posted below are certain Japanese pro guitarist's tweets, who is called Kelly Simonz, 41.
This man has posted his videos on YouTube, where he played Jake E Lee.
He received many critical comments from Jake's fans because played randomly as if he boasted of his technique.
Shortly after, he removed all comments from the video and disabled it from being commented.
He has always imitated other famous guitarists despite being a professional. Moreover, he insist that insist that he can play better than anyone else.
How do you think such a stupid man?

@KellySIMONZ
When I logged in the Chouzetu channel on YouTube after a long interval,
I broke into laughter looking at the negative popularity of the following video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqi-jLc-T34
August 8, 2011

@KellySIMONZ
On the other hand, there is no furious comment on following:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bX5Vt-RL6Hg
August 8, 2011

@KellySIMONZ
As I know that Jake E Lee had an extremely difficult time succeeding Randy Rhoads,
such movies attached on my previous tweets are nothing but gag.
However, it was more impressive than Yngwie’s cases in a sense how intensely we warmed up about Jake (laugh).
August 8, 2011

@KellySIMONZ
As you said what is interesting about it, I don’t consider myself a good man anyway.
Although it is troublesome that I’m always called a kind of worst shitsky,
I think that they have said themselves probably (laugh).
I must cherish them because they have been my fans for over a decade!
August 8, 2011

@KellySIMONZ
KellySIMONZ
Certainly, I play Jake E Lee because I like him very much.
So, I never thought my play would be severely denounced to such an extent (laugh).
If I were to be said by Jake himself, I would give up immediately,
but if strangers say “remove the movies,” let me ignore them.
August 8, 2011

Killer of Giants

Re: A cheap mimicker

Postby Aga-Ta » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:07 am

The guy is good - and the fact, he boasts about his technique..:D

Secret Loser

Postby seasons » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:48 am

Okay, I just went to youtube and checked this guy out.

VERY sloppy. Speed for speed sake. A lot of his playing is indiscernible. Where it's so fast that it's not really articulated very well. And you don't hear all the notes clearly.

I know a lot of people accuse Yngwie of these things, but Yngwie has a much better feel, articulates every note, has a very light touch and is a very emotive player.

This guys is missing most of these things. I think he lost control of his own progress. He needs to pull back and reign it in a bit. And focus on some of the subtleties like touch, feel and articulation. He's blown past these things with speed and it defeats the whole purpose of being fast in the first place.

That's what I think.

Ultimate Sinner

Postby johnorlitta » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:33 pm

Seems to me like his picking hand was not in sych with his fretting hand. I decided not to waste my time on the second video, the first one was tough enough for me to sit through.
"We give you Jake E. Lee: the man who hates time and tremolos"

Killer of Giants

Postby Aga-Ta » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:32 pm

Also I watched only a first video - or maybe just a guest sells guitars ? and only wants to show their sound and possibilities ..:P

Postby inazuma » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:01 am

seasons wrote:Okay, I just went to youtube and checked this guy out.

VERY sloppy. Speed for speed sake. A lot of his playing is indiscernible. Where it's so fast that it's not really articulated very well. And you don't hear all the notes clearly.

I know a lot of people accuse Yngwie of these things, but Yngwie has a much better feel, articulates every note, has a very light touch and is a very emotive player.

This guys is missing most of these things. I think he lost control of his own progress. He needs to pull back and reign it in a bit. And focus on some of the subtleties like touch, feel and articulation. He's blown past these things with speed and it defeats the whole purpose of being fast in the first place.

That's what I think.

Thanks. Your opinion is reasonable.
What make me more angry than anything else is that he is continuing to release such funny videos to pride himself on his speed.
Naturally, his Tweets and blog are full of self-praise, which bore us, Japanese fans of Jake, Gary, and Yngwie.
Although his own dull songs are not accepted by Japanese audience, he always play these other artists to earn his income.
He is nothing but a enemy of art...

Postby inazuma » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:24 am

johnorlitta wrote:Seems to me like his picking hand was not in sych with his fretting hand. I decided not to waste my time on the second video, the first one was tough enough for me to sit through.

Your action chosen was quite right.
His original tunes are so dull that he has been always criticized by even his fans :D
He is a shame of Japan!

Postby inazuma » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:47 am

Aga-Ta wrote:Also I watched only a first video - or maybe just a guest sells guitars ? and only wants to show their sound and possibilities ..:P

He frequents the ESP guitar shop that is endorsed by him.
He only killed time there because of idleness :D

Killer of Giants

Postby Aga-Ta » Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:05 am

inazuma wrote:
Aga-Ta wrote:Also I watched only a first video - or maybe just a guest sells guitars ? and only wants to show their sound and possibilities ..:P

He frequents the ESP guitar shop that is endorsed by him.
He only killed time there because of idleness :D[/quote

Spox- I didn't write it quite seriously. :wink:
I am simply not interested in a Guy, so I didn't go deep into what he was doing :lol:

Secret Loser

Postby seasons » Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:00 pm

I have seen many other Japanese local players on youtube that are much better.

I am usually very impressed because it seems most Japanese players usually are very dedicated and disciplined to practice and usually very good and precise.

He just got some speed and now thinks he's so good. He 90% of what makes Yngwie and Gary and Jake so good.

I love what you said about him being the "enemy of art". That's a great, powerful statement!!

Much respect to you and your country. I love Japan and it's people, especially the music community there. I have been to Tokyo twice and wish I could be there again. The best fans in the world are in Japan for sure.

Secret Loser

Postby seasons » Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:04 pm

Oops, I just reread my last post and I made a mistake and it won't let me edit my post.

My sentence was supposed to read: He is MISSING 90% of what makes Yngwie, Gary and Jake so good.

Ultimate Sinner

Postby Allfyve » Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:15 pm

:roll: i hope noOne takes these guys seriously out there ... like the guy jamming and testing a guitar (ESP JAKE.E.LEE MODEL) ina music store :?: :!: - this isnt michelle bachmann at least

Postby inazuma » Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:24 am

seasons wrote:I have seen many other Japanese local players on youtube that are much better.

I am usually very impressed because it seems most Japanese players usually are very dedicated and disciplined to practice and usually very good and precise.

He just got some speed and now thinks he's so good. He 90% of what makes Yngwie and Gary and Jake so good.

I love what you said about him being the "enemy of art". That's a great, powerful statement!!

Much respect to you and your country. I love Japan and it's people, especially the music community there. I have been to Tokyo twice and wish I could be there again. The best fans in the world are in Japan for sure.

Ha,ha! Now that Tokyo and the suburbs are covered with a large amount of radiation, few people will come to Japan for the purpose of sightseeing at least.

However, despite the fact many guitarists in Japan is still buying Ozzy's CD and play "Bark At The Moon," I regret that Jake cannot receive no royalty :'-(

Postby inazuma » Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:48 am

Allfyve wrote: :roll: i hope noOne takes these guys seriously out there ... like the guy jamming and testing a guitar (ESP JAKE.E.LEE MODEL) ina music store :?: :!: - this isnt michelle bachmann at least

I thought "who is michelle bachmann?", and checked on Wikipedia.
However, I quit it owing to a massive amount of the information :(

Secret Loser

Postby seasons » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:18 pm

Are all the cool bootleg CD shops still there and open in Shinjuku area?

Next

Return to Free for all...