Buckethead

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

Re: Buckethead

Postby johnthebrucelee » Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:35 am

I've found some vids that are interesting.

A VHS 1 spoof of Axl Rose and Buckethead
-click me-

Guns N Roses live with Buckethead (you gotta admit Axl is 'different')
-click me-

Axl insults Slash...
-click here-

-another click me-

Wonder what it says... Btw, you're going to have an account to view the vids.

Killer of Giants

Postby Rock » Sun Apr 02, 2006 2:27 am

Axl is the ultimate front man/rockgod, but fuk he is an arrogant one at that, I have played with some "Pain in the ass" singers in my time, but fuk he would be hard to deal with, night in night out.

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:34 pm

Wait . . . so, like, Axl rose is the unknown comic? LOL Wait a minute, I've got a whole lot more laughter coming for that one!!! LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL Another thing that usually comes with big hands is big nostrils!!! LOLOL

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Sun Apr 02, 2006 5:08 pm

Rock wrote:Axl is the ultimate front man/rockgod, but fuk he is an arrogant one at that, I have played with some "Pain in the ass" singers in my time, but fuk he would be hard to deal with, night in night out.

Axl's got LSD: Lead Singer Disease :roll:

Yeah, if I had to deal with him he'd be getting bitch slapped on a regular basis! LOL I never could stand him.

Killer of Giants

Postby stratattack » Sun Apr 02, 2006 7:35 pm

A@#HOLE Rose can bad mouth Slash and Diff and Matt all he wants but they stayed working long after GnR starting being a punch line , and Velvet Underground is better deal the GnR but I still miss Snake Pit!
The artist formally known as Brawler

Killer of Giants

Postby Rock » Sun Apr 02, 2006 8:57 pm

lol...Velvet Underground was Lou Reeds old band, u mean Velvet Revolver, and yeh, Snakepit produced some great stuff. :)

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Sun Apr 02, 2006 9:56 pm

I wouldn't want Axl singing for me. I hate is voice. Give me Urban Breed any day.

Killer of Giants

Postby johnthebrucelee » Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:00 am

We all know you hate GNRs... :roll:

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:35 am

I read a report in Entertainment Weekly a little while back that after entering a studio to begin recording Chinese Democracy twelve years ago, "Axl Rose has parted ways with old band members, worked with dozens of producers and musicians, spent $13 million on studio time, recording gear, intstrument rentals and support staff." Geffen doesn't have the album on it's release schedule, and Rose's manager, Merck Mercuriadis, couldn't name a specific year, month, or season when to expect a release, but he said that Axl was almost finished and is confident that it will come out this year. Uhhh, yeah. Is anyone else able to "read between the lines" as well as I can here? Like Chinese democracy, you're probably safe to say it'll never happen. And, please don't remind me about the Eagles.
Last edited by frethead on Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:18 am

johnthebrucelee wrote:We all know you hate GNRs... :roll:

No...just cuz I can't stand Axl doesn't mean I don't like the band. I saw them live on the Illusion tour and they were great. Axl even managed to get through a whole show without having a tantrum, causing a riot or getting arrested. :roll: But he usually acts like a whiny little bitch, and that's what I can't stand about him. His voice was never the greatest either but in G N'R's heyday, they were gold.

I saw Velvet Revolver last year, and seeing Slash, Duff and Matt together again with a new band just highlighted how far they've come since they've left G N'R. VR is tight, and Weiland is the perfect frontman for them. Plus their live show had so much energy, and the crowd was really into it. I'd go see them again in a heartbeat.

Killer of Giants

Postby johnthebrucelee » Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:19 am

Gutterflower wrote:
johnthebrucelee wrote:We all know you hate GNRs... :roll:

No...just cuz I can't stand Axl doesn't mean I don't like the band. I saw them live on the Illusion tour and they were great. Axl even managed to get through a whole show without having a tantrum, causing a riot or getting arrested. :roll: But he usually acts like a whiny little bitch, and that's what I can't stand about him. His voice was never the greatest either but in G N'R's heyday, they were gold.

I saw Velvet Revolver last year, and seeing Slash, Duff and Matt together again with a new band just highlighted how far they've come since they've left G N'R. VR is tight, and Weiland is the perfect frontman for them. Plus their live show had so much energy, and the crowd was really into it. I'd go see them again in a heartbeat.

lol I meant MrMetal. :lol: I love VR. I went to one concert and omg, it was cool.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby sonicbrew73 » Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:46 pm

I've never been able to figure out what the deal is with that guy. I've never actually heard any of his music, so I can't comment on his playing ability. All I've heard is that he's pretty good. But I've actually heard that Buckethead is Steve Vai's alter ego, which I doubt. I can't imagine what this guy would be doing with GNR. As far as I'm concerned, there is no more GNR. Once the band fell apart that was it. I'm glad to see VR is kicking ass. I've seen them a couple of times. They're a great band.

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:30 pm

Wouldn't that be a trip! Buckethead is actually Steve Vai!!

With that in mind, I agree with 'Brew...What the hell would he be doing with Axhole Rose! LOL!!!...an Assclown if there ever was one! :D

Killer of Giants

Postby johnthebrucelee » Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:36 pm

I just got one of his albums... It's called Colma. Have you guys heard it yet???? :o

All Access Member

Postby RandyRhoadsRules! » Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:18 am

Pick up Colma by Buckethead
hes an excellent acoustic player!

yeah i didnt notice your post john :(!

PreviousNext

Return to Free for all...