Doug Aldrich or Zakk Wylde?

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Doug Aldrich or Zakk Wylde?

Postby Elpowerkapo » Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:28 pm

All Access Member

Re: Doug Aldrich or Zakk Wylde?

Postby tedeeoo » Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:10 am

Easily Doug Aldrich, nothing against Zakk he is a great player, but Doug is a monster. I saw him twice this year with Whitesnake and he's just got it all, great tone, great chops, great stage presence, everything. The last 2 WS records are both really strong and the band was just as good on the last night of the tour as they were on the first night. And on top of that he (Doug) is just a super cool guy, (and not saying Zakk is not mind you) he even took the time to tell my kids Merry Christmas!!!

Granted, I am probably a little biased, both of them are really great players and Zakk seems to be a really good guy also. Doug is just a little more of my kind of guitar player.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Elpowerkapo » Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:29 pm

tedeeoo wrote:Easily Doug Aldrich, nothing against Zakk he is a great player, but Doug is a monster. I saw him twice this year with Whitesnake and he's just got it all, great tone, great chops, great stage presence, everything. The last 2 WS records are both really strong and the band was just as good on the last night of the tour as they were on the first night. And on top of that he (Doug) is just a super cool guy, (and not saying Zakk is not mind you) he even took the time to tell my kids Merry Christmas!!!

Granted, I am probably a little biased, both of them are really great players and Zakk seems to be a really good guy also. Doug is just a little more of my kind of guitar player.

Before the most popular was Zakk Wylde, but since Doug entered and won more recnociiento He has made him plenty to Zakk Wylde. You are absolutely right, having a happy new year.

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:56 pm

Zakk Wylde, easily 8)
come on, he played the Devils Daughter solo :twisted:
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:08 pm

Both master musicians Doug ALDRICH & Zakk WYLDE are Trailblazing amazing, I liked both their Solo's. Yet if I had to be one over the other in this particular guitar-guns showdown, it would be ZAKK :!: He was on fire!!! :twisted: Kick buns, solo he did :!: Much respects.

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:14 am

Doug.

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:15 pm

just look how Doug stands when he's playing the Les Paul.
it's so obvious he wanna be Zakk 8)
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

All Access Member

Postby tedeeoo » Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:09 pm

just look how Doug stands when he's playing the Les Paul.
it's so obvious he wanna be Zakk

No,no, not Zakk. When I saw Doug live, what struck me was how much he reminded me of Randy Rhoads, both onstage and off. He has always sited Randy as one of his biggest influences and after seeing and meeting him I can believe it. Great player and a really cool guy, Zakk is to!!

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Elpowerkapo » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:25 pm

MetalHead wrote:just look how Doug stands when he's playing the Les Paul.
it's so obvious he wanna be Zakk 8)

Zakk is a good guitarist, but Doug surpasses it in many respects, stage presence, musicality, technique, trajectory age, physical condition, sound, neatly.
And tedeeoo says, is the closest thing to Randy Rhaods 8)

Ultimate Sinner

Postby Demon_A_Go-Go » Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:54 am

Hi All,

Happy new year !
Both players are great ! Last couple of weeks I am playing over and over again the three "Bad Moon Rising" albums and have to say this band is very strong with Doug. On the other hand Zakk is being heavier and heavier lately (last BLS records). I'd say Zakk and Doug are not in the same musical style right now. If you compare them you should use the "No more tears" => "Killing the dragon" pattern. At least these are more close to each other than BLS => Whitesnake.

Zakk *****
Doug ****1/2

p.s.
This is an old link found in my records if you are interested have a look:
http://www.dinosaurrockguitar.com/new/node/1
http://www.dinosaurrockguitar.com/new/node/69

Cheers,
Demon

Return to Free for all...