Voodooland - Give Me Air

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

All Access Member

Voodooland - Give Me Air

Postby macheted01 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:14 pm

This is an album I just stumbled on. I was bowsing around on Amazon and this came up as one of those who bought this also bought this type of deal. So I fequently check out stuff that way and along the way have discovered some gems. In my opinion, this being one. This is a project created by Karl Cochran, in which I never heard of, but than remeber his name being credited on an old Ace Fehley release I had. Joe Lynn Turner and John Corabi offer up some of the vocals. Other than that, I dont believe I am familiar with any of the other players involved. In any case this album rocks pretty good. All but track 4 which I did not care for.
Dont really want to compare it to Badlands but something reminds me of them. It just seems like a geat jam put together with some great guitar tone and playing. It was just $6.99 for the mp3 download, so I said, "what the heck". I found it to be great listening and just wanted to bing it up to some that may not of heard it before. For those that have, I would love to hear your thoughts on it.

Killer of Giants

Re: Voodooland - Give Me Air

Postby Aga-Ta » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:32 pm

macheted01 wrote:This is an album I just stumbled on. I was bowsing around on Amazon and this came up as one of those who bought this also bought this type of deal. So I fequently check out stuff that way and along the way have discovered some gems. In my opinion, this being one. This is a project created by Karl Cochran, in which I never heard of, but than remeber his name being credited on an old Ace Fehley release I had. Joe Lynn Turner and John Corabi offer up some of the vocals. Other than that, I dont believe I am familiar with any of the other players involved. In any case this album rocks pretty good. All but track 4 which I did not care for.
Dont really want to compare it to Badlands but something reminds me of them. It just seems like a geat jam put together with some great guitar tone and playing. It was just $6.99 for the mp3 download, so I said, "what the heck". I found it to be great listening and just wanted to bing it up to some that may not of heard it before. For those that have, I would love to hear your thoughts on it.

I have just listened to several songs on this album.
A similar style of music to the Badlands, a similar sound - can not be concealed.
The vocals in the style of the 70s with a slight vibrato - the same similarities :wink:

All Access Member

Re: Voodooland - Give Me Air

Postby macheted01 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:21 pm

Yeah, I thought there were alot of similarities as well. I forgot to throw up a link.

http://www.amazon.com/Give-Me-Air/dp/B0 ... sc_title_0

After doing a little more research I found that Karl was also in another project that I have called ESP. Which is a cover album with John Corabi, Eric Singer and Bruce Kulick.

Return to Free for all...