if Randy R (rip) would choose

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

if Randy R (rip) would choose

Postby dixiefix » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:08 am

who was/is the best and 2nd best , playing his songs/riffs
Who do you think and why :?:

1-gus
2-zack
3-jake
4-brad

5-m.torien
6-b.torme

i think-acquainted with

jake,gus

becuz melodic, classical trained +influences
------------------+-------------------
sorry peeps !!!! -i am a truth digger
Please dont mind,eh ? .....

Secret Loser

Re: if Randy R (rip) would choose

Postby seasons » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:05 pm

Marq Torien....very funny...

Randy wouldn't be too big on any of them. He would probably go with Jake because Jake is a little more well rounded, but too much typical pentatonic rock/metal stuff in this list of guys and Randy was over that whole pedestrian kind approach and was bent on branching out from that, however good some of those guys are at it.

Killer of Giants

Postby sytharnia » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:01 pm

you left out joe holmes who probably was the closest to the recordings....

Gus plays jake awesomely....just hope he gets to write with ozzy sooner rather than latter

Secret Loser

Postby Fedaykin » Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:25 pm

Randy kicked a lot of ass for a dude with a bowtie. Jake rocked and wailed without a whammy bar. And even with a whammy bard C.C. Deville couldn't play himself out of a paper bag if his bleach depended on it.

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:54 pm

Very heavy main post-comment above and really wouldn't know who Mr. Randy RHOADS (may the legendary musician rest in sweet harmony...'he was outtasight & very talented) would choose from the list of incrediable musicians that respectively Rocked & jammed to Rhoads Classic vibes. 8O I can say that JAKE E. LEE and ZAKK WYLDE are in the Oh, my WOW spot of grooving/JAMMING to RANDY RHOADS (and OZZY/DAISLEY's) early Classics and also their own vintage Classics in OZZY OSBOURNE's Band. Those three :twisted: Premiere legendary guitarists/Musicians Randy Rhoads, Jake E. Lee and Zakk Wylde are master treasures and I bet it was very difficult for JAKE when he joined OZZY Band (after the tragic untimely death of the much beloved RHOADS) yet still JAKE E. LEE done an amazing stedfast-passionate job playing not only Rhoads Classic riffs but his own Classic riffs as well. As did Z. WYLDE did an awesome job, in playing RHOADS Classic riffs, he played his own Classic riffs too. Their all Trailblazed AND the new guy GUS he has some mighty shoes to fill and so far his doing a damn good job of it (w/his own style & input) with much respects to all "3" Premiere legendary musicians, that helped to enhanced OZZY's music Career further. Much respects :!:

Killer of Giants

Postby dixiefix » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:39 pm

I forgot Joe Holms on the ''list'' :? -well he is a good candidate, too and Marq Torien(a.t Wipi) he was in Ratt- this is the funny part, seasons
??BTW about zack's pinch harmonics overload -i poked on some of Jake's playing especially the BATM lives and there are some obvious tendencies of pinching harmonic progression that inspired Zack -who knows.. :wink:
sorry peeps !!!! -i am a truth digger
Please dont mind,eh ? .....

All Access Member

Postby Kathy » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:31 pm

Does anyone think that Sharon would have "replaced" Randy Rhodes (may he RIP) if he had lived?

All Access Member

Postby macheted01 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:19 am

Good question, Kathy.
I have not heard Gus play any of the Ozzy stuff yet. I should youtube it and check it out.
I think Jake played Randy's stuff live better than Randy himself did. Zak was great earlier, but completely lost my interest as time went on. While Brad is a great guitarist, that had to been the worst recorded live show I have ever heard. To be fair the guy did a splendid job for what was thrown at him and the time frame he had.
Too bad Randy did not have more time with us. Would have been interesting to see where he would of went with his music outside the Ozzy box.

All Access Member

Postby Kathy » Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:29 am

It would have been nice to see what Randy would have done .....Sharon kept a sharp eye on Randy so he wouldn't "upstage" her man....I'm sure that is what happend with Jake. He took too much attention away from Ozzy....I remember the times I saw Ozzy with Randy Rhodes it was like Ozzy was all over him...Then with Jake there was so much theater sequins, king chairs.....but Jake didn't need that he was being himself....and was still getting more attention or from what I saw than Ozzy..... :wink:

Secret Loser

Postby Sunrise » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:27 am

If Randy had stopped making money for Ozzy she would have kicked him out faster than you can say I Dont Know. She's motivated by money and all she has is still not enough.

All Access Member

Postby Kathy » Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:22 pm

Fedaykin wrote:Randy kicked a lot of ass for a dude with a bowtie. Jake rocked and wailed without a whammy bar. And even with a whammy bard C.C. Deville couldn't play himself out of a paper bag if his bleach depended on it.

You are to right....Brett Michaels was a better guitar player than CC!!

All Access Member

Postby macheted01 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:29 am

Ha, too funny about CC. I seen Poison open up for the Crue last year and CC at least stayed in key. Wanted to see old Mick Mars play, because of his health issues, I thought, dont really know how much longer he has with us. He apparently is not going anywhere soon. He is still out there doing his thing. Wish he would release a solo effort.
Off to watch Gus on youtube.

All Access Member

Postby macheted01 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:52 am

Well, kind of hard to find a descent video of Gus G with Ozzy. He is lost in the mix, from the most I could find. Interesting though, he uses Blackstar amplification. The keyboards seem to pretty dominant. Since they are so dominant, I dont think they sound so well. Who is he using as a keyboard player these days? From what I can hear of Gus, he sounds spot on. It will be interesting to see where he goes with him. I was not to impressed with Ozzy's last effort he released. I will still check out his future releases. If Gus can produce some riffs for him.

Return to Free for all...