Talks of a couple reunions, your thoughts.

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

All Access Member

Talks of a couple reunions, your thoughts.

Postby macheted01 » Sat May 12, 2012 5:34 am

Ok, I have read of talk of a couple reunions. Vivian Campbell is in the works of a Dio reunion. The lineup from the first two releases. Also, read about a Pantera reunion with Zak Wylde filling Dimes shoes.
1st: The first two Dio releases are my favorite and Vivians best work ever. That being said we all pretty much know there was alot of tension between Vivian and Dio in the end. I cant remember who they mentioned holding the vocals down. In any case I would be all for this, if it is done as a tribute show and they get multiple vocalists to guest here. Problem is, beside the tension of Vivian and Dio, Vinnie Appice is currently doing the Kill Devil Hill thing and seems pretty full ahead about this project. So much, he turned the offer to do the Black Sabbath reunion down, that Bill Ward himself has turned down. Vinnie was second choice. They have mentioned though, that rehearsals have taken place, so not sure. Vivian is a great guitarist and his playing on the first two releases inspired as much as Jake playing has. Have followed Vivian throughout, Shadow King, Riverdogs and his blues solo project. I dont really include the Def Leppard thing because he pretty much is just riding the wave. If it takes place, I hope Russel Allen makes a vocal appearance on this. Your thoughts are?

2nd: Pantera reunion. Everyone knows the tensions here as well. Again, if it is done as a tribute show with multiple guitarists filling the spots, I think it would be cool. I think Dime would have know problem with Zak filling his shoes. Would much rather see Zak get Pride & Glory back together. Also, Rex Brown is also in Kill Devil Hill and not sure if he feels the same as Vinnie does and is willing to put it on the side for abit. These musicians though, always seem to be able to have multiple things going on. Your thoughts here?
Both cases are a very touchy situation and have know mention of doing them as a tribute show just reunion, which seems, just weird. In any case, would love to hear what unfolds.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Re: Talks of a couple reunions, your thoughts.

Postby guitarninja » Sun May 13, 2012 7:07 am

Currently the Appice Brothers are doing the drum wars tour and are touring with Michael Angelo Batio-Thunder and Fire is the name of the project. Vinnie would be great on the Dio tour with Campbell. The vocalist spot should be filled by Jorn Lande, but highly doubtful that will happen, he has a killer band and a new cd coming in June. If you haven't heard his stuff, you owe it to yourself to youtube him now-not later-right now, he is that good!!
As for Pantera, never got it-to each his own. But what I have heard about Zakk and Dime's friendship, Zakk would be hands down the best choice. A tribute of that caliber would maybe give some musical and emotional closure to the band members and fans alike.
gn

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Wed May 16, 2012 3:40 pm

Couple Re-unions sounds amazing..'awesome news to hear that guitarist Vivian Campbell joining up forces with his formal DIO's comrades Vinny Appice and be nice if Jimmy Bain & Claude joined them, too AND hope that Jorn Larde (thank you Mr. Metal for bringing this Music Artist to my attention/a good while baaaacck, his freakin' amazing!!! Yeah, the legendary DIO should get him)!! And Thor guitarist Zakk Wylde music Tour Tribute to his best friend, Dimebag/Darrel Abbott surely will be an emotional Trailblazer Tour for him and other Classic Rockers that would join forces with him. Both sound outtasight and awesome, re-unions!! :twisted: 8O 8) All the best to both with their Tribute-Tour(s).

All Access Member

Postby macheted01 » Wed May 16, 2012 5:44 pm

I finally got to check out Jorn Lande. You were right Guitarninja, this guy has some serious pipes. Thanks for the headsup on that.
I seen some further info. on these talks. For one, Vivian has mentioned a few practice sessions that have been done with the former Dio bandmates and said "It was awsome". So it looks like this may be really moving forward. On the otherhand, I just read an interview of Phil and he said it is just talk and that there would have to be some hurdles to jump between him and Vinnie and if Zak was to be used, him to. Apparently him and Zak must have had some words between to two at one point as well.

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Thu May 17, 2012 6:19 am

Well, let me be the first to poo-poo the notion. You can't have a Dio reunion without "THE VOICE". WTH are they thinking? :roll:

All Access Member

Postby macheted01 » Thu May 17, 2012 9:10 am

I cant imagine them going any other way than doing some kind of tastefull tribute show, which I am all for. Would be great, considering the situation.

Killer of Giants

Postby dixiefix » Thu May 17, 2012 2:36 pm

Doobie wrote:Well, let me be the first to poo-poo the notion. You can't have a Dio reunion without "THE VOICE". WTH are they thinking? :roll:

[center]they are thinking
:!: M-O-N-E-Y :!:[/center]
------------------+-------------------
sorry peeps !!!! -i am a truth digger
Please dont mind,eh ? .....
------------------+-------------------

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Wed May 23, 2012 12:46 pm

Here, let this guy fill in for Dio ... (winner of Finnish Idol)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PNqVj6v ... re=related

Postby moccos » Thu May 24, 2012 10:45 am

What do you all think about Paul Shortino for vocals? He is a phoenom singer and close to Ronnie and Wendy.

All Access Member

Postby macheted01 » Thu May 24, 2012 12:46 pm

I personally dig Paul Shortinos voice, but never would of thought of him trying any Dio stuff. Has he covered any of Dio's tunes at some point?

Return to Free for all...