Avoidable hospital mistakes

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

All Access Member

Avoidable hospital mistakes

Postby Kathy » Thu May 31, 2012 9:01 pm

So sad to hear these rock legends passing away...
Doobie..I'm sorry what happend to your dad. About the same happened to my father....They were going to put in a stint..the doctor saw were he had 3 blockages so they deceided to due a tripple bypass on him...but, they didn't (realize he had emphazima..can't spell it...and the didn't "know" he was taking blood thinner at the time due to a stroke he had afew years back) So, when they went in they couldn't stop the bleeding...he lived for about 3 weeks in the hospital and I over heard one of the sugerons say they never should have done the bypass( ya think!!! :evil: ) he went home but had to go back. And then the insurance company sent him home to die....my stepmonster should have sued.

So, please everyone if you have a loved one, friend, family member that is or will be having any surgeries please make sure they have all of the information....don't expect charts or information to be shared from doctor to doctor no matter how much you trust the hospital....comminication breaks down...and now these days we need to take active rolls.

Killer of Giants

Re: Avoidable hospital mistakes

Postby Doobie » Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:53 am

Thanks, Kathy and sorry to hear the circumstances of your father's death. You hear of things like this all of the time but, never think it's going to happen to you or one of your loved ones. My daughter currently works at a hospital and is going to nursing school. She told me the things she sees and hears in the hospital and school from the staff and soon to be LPN and RN's is frightening. I don't know if it's a lack of education or a lack of common sense in some cases. Scary, either way.

Return to Free for all...