music from former Queensryche members

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

music from former Queensryche members

Postby Doobie » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:50 am

Seems Geoff Tate is losing control (knife incident with one of the band members, telling the audience they suck at Rocklahoma, etc) so, the other band members are going out on their own. Here's what MelodickRock has up on their site regarding the issue: "Rising West features Michael Wilton, Eddie Jackson, Scott Rockenfield, and Parker Lundgren of Queensryche, with powerhouse vocalist Todd La Torre of Crimson Glory. They make their live debut Friday June 8 and Saturday June 9 at the Hard Rock Café in Seattle WA. A statement reads: "Rising WestThe band will be performing rare and classic hits from the first 5 Queensryche albums and plan on hitting the studio sometime early summer to begin recording their first release."

Hoping Geoff removes his head from his ass and straightens up while he still has a voice ...

All Access Member

Re: music from former Queensryche members

Postby Kathy » Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:28 am

WTF is wrong with geoff tate ....had the pleasure of meeting him once at a bar in NC they were not doing the "big shows" any more...he was very nice, was asking all kinds of questions about the area..wanted to know the history ect. Glad the others are getting to do something..they were and are bad ass!!

Anyone seen Iron Maiden lately?...I think they are coming to NC this month if I heard correctly they are playing the Verizon Stadium in Charlotte..I work in Charlotte might see if I can get off from work to check them out. haven't seen them since the 80s :P

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby saltpeanuts » Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:10 pm

I have a friend that has relatives in the band. None of the other members have been really involved in songwriting for a while. And, their last album completely sucked azz (that's a technical CD review term), and really should have been Tate's solo release. Anyhow, Todd is pretty amazing. Anyone that can nail both Tate and Midnight's range is pretty special. I hope they really release a CD of old-school QR stuff. Tate can carry on with his cabaret version of WR without them.

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:45 am

Melodicrock.com
QUEENSRYCHE BID FAREWELL TO TATE:
Rock band Queensryche is continuing forward without vocalist Geoff Tate, who will be replaced by Crimson Glory singer Todd La Torre, Billboard has exclusively learned.
"Over the past few months, there have been growing creative differences within Queensryche. We want our fans to know that we hoped to find a common resolution, but in the end parting ways with Geoff was the best way for everyone to move forward in a positive direction," drummer Scott Rockenfield said in a statement. "We wish him the best of luck with all of his future endeavors. We can't wait to bring Queensryche to our fans with Todd behind the microphone."

The statement also said that scheduled Queensryche performances "are on hold at [the] present time and revised routing is being worked on. Fans can check the band's website for all of the latest tour information as it [becomes] available."
Billboard requested a comment from Tate through Jeff Albright of the Albright Entertainment Group, but it wasn't received by press time.
Queensryche also includes guitarists Michael Wilton and Parker Lundgren and bassist Eddie Jackson. Rockenfield, Wilton and Jackson are among the group's original members. Tate joined the band after it formed in 1981. Guitarist and founding member Chris DeGarmo left Queensryche in 1997 and briefly rejoined in 2003 for Queensryche's "Tribe" album. Kelly Gray originally filled DeGarmo's slot, followed by Mike Stone, until Lundgren joined in 2009.
La Torre said in a statement a few weeks ago, and reiterated during an interview on Ron Keel's "Streets of Rock & Roll" radio show that was posted online on June 14, that he still remains a member of Crimson Glory. Fans and media have speculated about the state of Queensryche, which marked its 30th anniversary last year, for weeks due to rumors of internal conflict. They were sparked by an unconfirmed posting on MetalSludge.tv that Tate allegedly became violent toward other bandmates prior to an April show in Brazil after allegedly being fired. Then, during the Rocklahoma fest during Memorial Day weekend, Tate told the crowd "you guys suck" as he tried to get the audience to respond more enthusiastically.
On May 29 the other members of Queensryche announced it was forming a project called Rising West with La Torre. Rising West posted June 5 on its Facebook page that it was "being denied access to our own Facebook page and website (meaning Queensryche)," which promoted other side projects, such as Tate's wine business and Rockenfield's recording endeavors. In response, Tate's step-daughter, Miranda, posted June 7 on Facebook that "it's about time to get some truth on the table" and denied that other members couldn't access the site, among other alleged problems. Rising West played Queensryche's older material at two sold-out shows June 8-9 at Seattle's Hard Rock Cafe.
In subsequent interviews, Rising West and Tate deflected questions about the situation. When Rising West appeared June 7 on KISM Seattle radio show "The Men's Room," Rockenfield said it was "a day-to-day" process as Queensryche determined its next move, but the band would definitely continue. Blabbermouth.net reported that during a June 15 interview on KISW, Tate said, "Just hang in there. Everything's moving along and everything's looking good" regarding the group. Queensryche was scheduled to perform June 11 to open for the Scorpions in West Valley City, Utah, but only Tate appeared, backed by his solo band. NRToday.com reported June 18 that Queensryche had canceled its Aug. 10 appearance at the Douglas County Fair in Oregon, with Eddie Money replacing the act. It stated that fairgrounds director Harold Phillips attributed the cancellation to a falling out between Tate and the band. Tate has continued playing dates on his solo tour, which coincided with Queensryche's dates for its current tour.
Queensryche is a Grammy Award-nominated band that broke into the mainstream with the 1988 concept album "Operation: Mindcrime." The group has sold more than 30 million albums worldwide, according to the statement. It's biggest U.S. radio hit was 1991's "Silent Lucidity," which reached No. 9 on the Billboard Hot 100.

All Access Member

Postby macheted01 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:39 am

Maybe thats why Chris Degarmo left in the first place. He didnt like the direction things were going. Maybe he would be interested in falling back in.

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:02 am

QUEENSRYCHE, QUEENSRATTATE OR JUST PLAIN CONFUSING?:
It's all getting a little silly in the saga of As The Ryche Turns.
Queensyche (www.queensrycheofficial.com) continue to develop plans with new singer Todd LaTorre. And now it sees ousted vocalist Geoff Tate has decided against a solo career, rather choosing to form a new band he will name Queensryche. Catchy! He posted this to Facebook over the weekend: "Today is a new day and I am thrilled to announce the new Queensr�che. Joining me are: Rudy Sarzo, Bobby Blotzer, Glen Drover, Kelly Gray and Randy Gane. Together we shall embark on a new musical journey that will be a greater extension of where Queensr�che has ever been." - Geoff Tate.
(from melodicrock.com)

All Access Member

Postby macheted01 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:56 pm

Actually sounds like a good lineup to me. We all know if it runs its course it will most likely be a one off. Interested to hear what comes out of this though. This lineup has alot of work to do, if they are covering the older tunes. Queensryche's music is something that is built over time. Refering to all the different changes and time signatures and stuff. Alot going on in there stuff. Seems it would be tuff to just pull in some players and reproduce this. Even with players of these guys status.

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:54 pm

:? That's a shocker "sorry" to hear such grieving news on legendary band QUEENSRYCHE for each member & it's Founders/Leaders (de Garmo, his my favorite..'my Heart :cry: broke in a million pieces/when he left) "all" of them are Masterpieces. Incredible line-up Classic past & present. I hope they can make amends someway down the Road. Soon!!! Much regards.

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:21 am

A Tate-less Queensryche ... thought I'd never see the day.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?m ... mID=182763

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:22 am

On the upside, it sounds like they are going back to their roots! :-)

All Access Member

Postby Kathy » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:44 pm

Doobie wrote:On the upside, it sounds like they are going back to their roots! :-)

They were a killer band....sounds good!! 8)

All Access Member

Postby macheted01 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:02 am

Well, I have not purchased the new Geoff Tate solo effort, but have listened to the song samples. He said on TMS that it would be rockin. The song samples did not sound bad. Probably better than most of the recent stuff he has done in the past few years, but the reviews are not favorable, so I stood back from buying this one.
If this is the case, it should not be hard for the other members to top this. With everything that is going on with this band, you would think it would have sparked some interest in Degarmo, but still no word.

Return to Free for all...