Heart

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

All Access Member

Heart

Postby Kathy » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:43 pm

I know I may hear boo and hiss....Any Heart fans out there?
Hey, before you behead me....my first concert was Black Sabbeth backin the mid 70s Van Halen from either 77 or 78 til the 1984 ....Iron Maidan, Ozzy with Randy Rhodes and 2 times with Mr Jake E Lee..The Cult...Megadeath, Anthrax I can't name them all
But, through all of the heavy stuff I've always loved Heart....any one else a fan?

Killer of Giants

Re: Heart

Postby Doobie » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:26 pm

Saw them last year live for the first time, FINALLY. They were very good but, relied to heavily on cover tunes from Zep, et al. It's not like they were one hit wonders! I was disappointed with the song list (they didn't even play Dreamboat Annie) but, they still sound great and put on a good show.

All Access Member

Postby Kathy » Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:33 pm

I really loved their 1st 3 albums......And Jupters Darling was good too...Didn't really care for Red Velvet Car....This next one Fanstic will be of the harder rock with 2 ballads....after almost 40 years....they have really gone through some band mates...and they have a book coming out too Kicking and Screaming Ann and Nancy Wilson say it tells the good with the bad..

Secret Loser

Postby Sunrise » Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:57 am

Saw them in Edinburgh when they were touring Brigade around 1990, Ann's voice blew the fans away, wonderful band and a wonderful music legacy.

All Access Member

Postby Kathy » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:32 am

Heart has a box set out now it has never released songs, demos, on 3 cd also a cd called Led Zeppish it has I think 5 songs and they are good Ann sings the hell out of them...there is also a booklet telling about the songs what inspired them, where they were, who wrote them ect..some good pics too
a dvd from about 1976 I already had it but it is good ....Ann Wilson sounds like a choir girl on the Magic Man demo...its really worth checking out
On these demos you can hear Anns voice get stronger and her confidence building :D
Think Jake would release a box set....just kidding :wink:

Secret Loser

Postby Sunrise » Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:23 am

I have all their stuff, but not the box set, might get that, sounds great.

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:52 pm

I love the legendary Barracuda sisters Ann and Nancy WILSON and their band HEART. 8) Total trailblazers Composers they are and beautiful strong personalities. Saw their live Concert in the late '80's I believe: their incrediable, their Rock Icons/them and the two (or three) other musicians (male) that graced the stage with them when they all begin. Can't remember their names but my fav was the blond he stayed with them the longest. His awesome legend, too!

All Access Member

Postby Kathy » Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:35 pm

Shadow, I think it is Howard Leesse he started as a producer and Roger Fisher talked him into joining the band as another guitar player and key boards.....He quit on his own no hard feelings with Ann or Nancy...there is a interview with him utube. 8)

All Access Member

Re: Heart on That Metal Show

Postby Kathy » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:13 am

Just in case anyone is interested Ann and Nancy Wilson will be appearing on
That Metal Show Aug. 11th Saturday on VH1C 8) Wonder if the girls will stump the Trunk? :wink:

Secret Loser

Postby Sunrise » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:14 am

Good call, always love to see them and great to see they are still going strong.

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:01 pm

Kathy wrote:Shadow, I think it is Howard Leesse he started as a producer and Roger Fisher talked him into joining the band as another guitar player and key boards.....He quit on his own no hard feelings with Ann or Nancy...there is a interview with him utube. 8)

THANK You, millions for the mysterious ex-HEART guitarist/keyboardist Howard Leese. He stayed with Anne & Nancy (the Barracuda/HEART sisters) along time. Neon yrs and was very "sadden" when I did not see him anymore: I'm like someone's missing?! Nice to know his okay and will check out his Interview on youtube. Once again, thanks :!:

All Access Member

Postby Kathy » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:42 pm

No problem at tal..Glad I could help...you folks have been so nice while I've been trying to catch up with the Jake stuff :D

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:05 pm

Kathy wrote:No problem at tal..Glad I could help...you folks have been so nice while I've been trying to catch up with the Jake stuff :D

Hope you enjoyed the BADLANDS: Dag the Giblets and your find w/Voodoo Highway, both are Classic Badlands gems. AND I will check in on about the former legendary HEART musician Howard Leese new projects: and nice to know he still keeps in touch with his former bandmates Ann & Nancy Wilson the legendary Barracuda/HEART sisters. :twisted: Smile!!

All Access Member

Postby Kathy » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:36 pm

Ann and Nancy Wilson and Lita Ford will be on That Metal Show Sept.29th
they have already posted pictures on Eddie Trucks facebook
:D 8)

Secret Loser

Postby Sunrise » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:51 am

Saw Lita Ford back in 1988 when she supported Bon Jovi in Glasgow, she was great...as cute as a button.

Next

Return to Free for all...