Heart

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

All Access Member

Re: Heart

Postby Kathy » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:29 am

Heart has put out a book....in it Ann and Nancy will told when they opened for Van Halen...Ed and Alex put the moves on them :wink: ...both girls declined but Nancy said she gave Eddie a acoustic guitar 8) because he did have one! 8O

All Access Member

Postby Kathy » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:36 pm

You guys don't forget to watch or record That Metal Show Sept 29th Saturday night. Heart and Lita Ford will be on!! Rock on Girls 8)

All Access Member

Postby macheted01 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:11 am

I seen Heart in the late 80's early 90's and they were great. The crowd was really kind of in a trance and it was a different vibe, but was a great time.
I recently have been listening to Jupiter Rising and the first song is just great. Looking forward to the new stuff. Also, interested in checking out the DVD Live in Seatle. I believe they have Mike Inez on bass and Gilby Clarke on guitar for this.

All Access Member

Postby Kathy » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:56 pm

macheted01 wrote:I seen Heart in the late 80's early 90's and they were great. The crowd was really kind of in a trance and it was a different vibe, but was a great time.
I recently have been listening to Jupiter Rising and the first song is just great. Looking forward to the new stuff. Also, interested in checking out the DVD Live in Seatle. I believe they have Mike Inez on bass and Gilby Clarke on guitar for this.

Jupiters Darling is good. I really didn't care for Red Velvet Car. And I have the DVD Live in Seattle its great you may want to get the Dream Boat Annie 30th Aniv DVD they play it song by song also they do Pink Floyd "Blue Sky" The Who "Rain Down on Me" Ann is killer on that one...plus the Led Zep Misty Mountain Hop and Black Dog!! 8)

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:29 am

All Access Member

Postby macheted01 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:29 pm

Yuup, sorry, I called it Jupiter Rising, it is Jupiters Darling. Well, I have been listening to Fanatic for most the day. Great effort, just wish it was a little more rockin. It gets into a slower lul quite abit, but still good.

All Access Member

Postby Kathy » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:05 pm

macheted01 wrote:Yuup, sorry, I called it Jupiter Rising, it is Jupiters Darling. Well, I have been listening to Fanatic for most the day. Great effort, just wish it was a little more rockin. It gets into a slower lul quite abit, but still good.

I'm disapointed with Fanatic too. From what Ann/Nancy kept saying it was going to be rockin. And a couple of songs do. But, other than that. They have a new producer Ben Mink he produced Red Velvet Car and Ann's solo Hope and Glory album....Nancy produced Jupiters Darling I think she should keep producing and bring back Roger Fisher, Howar Lesse and Michael Derosier.... :wink:

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:40 pm

Heart is one of my all-time favorite bands since I first heard Dreamboat Annie. Ann has been a huge vocal influence my whole life, and she still sounds as strong and melodic now as she did when they first burst onto the rock scene years ago. I've seen them probably 10 times over the years - they were my first concert ever, on the Bebe le Strange tour in 1980. The last time was 2004 ... and Doobie, they played several Zep covers for encores then, too: Black Dog, Rock'n'Roll and Misty Mountain Hop. I agree about their set list - they have such a rich catalog to choose from - I would've loved to have heard something like Mistral Wind or How Can I Refuse live again :D

I live in Maryland, and a couple of summers ago, there was an event called Outlaw Jam, which featured Bad Company (with Paul Rodgers - so, yay), Blue Oyster Cult and Candlebox headlining. We went - enjoyed ourselves, because they were all sounding great that night ... and much to my surprise and delight, Howard Leese was playing guitar with Bad Company! I was in the front row, and I recognized him immediately, even with the shorter hair. The man is one helluva musical talent - skilled in several instruments and he was also a good producer for Heart - unsung hero, for sure.

I saw Wild Mick Brown from Dokken drumming for Ted Nugent that summer, too. I always had a thing for Wild Mick :)

All Access Member

Postby tedeeoo » Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:22 pm

Ann Wilson is probably my older sister's biggest influence as a singer so I grew up with them. To this day Ann's vocals still just blow me away and you can't deny Nancy's influence on most women who play guitar, for a long time in what is considered hard rock she was it. Great,great group

Ultimate Sinner

Postby FireandRain » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:50 am

Heart rocks. I can't carry a tune in a bucket, yet I sing myself hoarse trying to sound like Ann. And I still think she is one of the most beautiful women...
I'm not suffering from my addiction to Jake E. Lee - I'm enjoying every minute of it!

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:14 pm

FireandRain wrote:Heart rocks. I can't carry a tune in a bucket, yet I sing myself hoarse trying to sound like Ann. And I still think she is one of the most beautiful women...

Picture it ... 5 teenage girls, crammed into a Chevette, rolling down a back road in the hills of BFE, all singing along to Heart's 'Straight On'. Hah! You brought that memory back with your post. "Ooooh, ooooh, ooooh, straight on" ... lmaoooooo! It was horrendous!

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:15 pm

Probably 1979, it was. Those were the days.

Previous

Return to Free for all...