Tom Keifer

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

Tom Keifer

Postby Doobie » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:12 am

Melodicrock.com reports:
CINDERELLA FRONTMAN TO RELEASE LONG-AWAITED, HIGHLY-ANTICIPATED SOLO ALBUM:
Good news as posted at Cinderella frontman Tom Keifer's official Facebook page:
"Singer/songwriter/multi-instrumentalist Tom Keifer is finally releasing his long-awaited and highly anticipated solo album in the Spring of 2013 after entering into a partnership with Merovee Records (a joint venture with Worldwide Pants, Inc.). The as-yet-untitled collection of 14 new songs ranges from intimate, organic, acoustic tracks to driving hard rock. It embraces the blues, rock and country roots that have always been present in his unique sound that has generated the sale of over 15 million records worldwide.
The upcoming release is a raw, introspective look at the roller coaster ride that has been Keifer's life for the past 15 years. From being told that he would never sing again as a result of a partially paralyzed left vocal cord, to the emotional and personal battles that followed, his solo debut is a story of perseverance, a testament to the power of passion and will, when combined with a true love of music."

Of additional interest, the label Merovee Records is actually mega-songwriter/producer Jack Ponti's pet project.
WebLink: ww.facebook.com/TomKeiferOfficial.

Secret Loser

Re: Tom Keifer

Postby seasons » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:59 pm

Very excited about this, but I'll believe it when it's actually released.

All Access Member

Postby macheted01 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:57 pm

Yeah, this will be great. I have been waiting for quite a few guys like this to put there stuff out. Jake, being first. Mick Mars, John Sykes and Adrian Vandenburgh, just to name a few more.

All Access Member

Postby Kathy » Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:31 pm

seasons wrote:Very excited about this, but I'll believe it when it's actually released.

I know, why do they put stuff out there Soon to be Released the new what ever and everyone gets to looking forward to it and nothing sucks :evil:

Postby rnazer » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:23 pm

this is the only album i am looking forward to more than Jake's

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:19 am

Melodicrock.com usually know their shit.

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:33 am

Additionally ...
CINDERELLA frontman Tom Keifer has uploaded audio samples of two news solo tracks, "Solid Ground" and "The Flower Song", at TomKeifer.com. he states: "As promised, some new music, but it won't be here forever..."

Keifer has inked a deal with Jack Ponti's Merovee Records, a joint venture with David Letterman's Worldwide Pants, for the release of his long-awaited debut solo album. Due in early 2013, the as-yet-untitled CD will feature 14 tracks that are described by Ponti as “intimate, organic, acoustic tracks to driving hard rock. It embraces the blues, rock and country roots." The lyrics will take an introspective look at the roller coaster ride that has been Keifer's life for the past 15 years. From being told that he would never sing again as a result of a partially paralyzed left vocal cord, to the emotional and personal battles that followed, his solo debut is a story of perseverance, a testament to the power of passion and will, when combined with a true love of music.

In a 2011 interview with Sweden's Metalshrine, Keifer was asked whether his solo album was going to be a whole lot different from CINDERELLA. Tom replied, "No, not really, because being the lead singer and the main songwriter and I did a lot of the guitar work in CINDERELLA, it's kind of hard to run from my sound. I had a lot of influence over those records so… I'm just doing what I do and that's hard rock inspired by blues and roots music. What I did in CINDERELLA is what I love to do and what I'm doing on my own is what I love to do. I try to be true to what I like. It's similar in that way, you know. Dynamically the records, the CINDERELLA records, and especially as they went on into 'Long Cold Winter' and 'Heartbreak Station', they had a lot of different flavors and colors and dynamics and different types of songs, which I always like because the bands that I grew up on, like, [LED] ZEPPELIN and THE [ROLLING] STONES, they really covered a lot of area musically. My solo record does that, too, and I think it makes for a more interesting record when it's not just the same song for 14 tracks."

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:04 am

Tom Keiffer has revealed audio previews for 2 songs off his upcoming solo album - due early 2013. The songs Solid Ground and The Flower Song can be heard right now at: www.tomkeifer.com/music.

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:08 am

Try this link instead for the two new songs: http://tomkeifer.com/music/

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:40 pm

MORE NEW KEIFER TUNES:
Cinderella frontman Tom Keiffer has revealed 2 more audio previews for songs off his upcoming solo album - due early 2013. The songs can be heard right now at: www.tomkeifer.com/music.

Return to Free for all...