Dokken

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

Dokken

Postby Doobie » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:23 am

Broken Bones the new Dokken album will be out on Frontiers Records. Available in CD and Deluxe CD/DVD edition. Release date: Europe, September 21st / North America, September 25th.

All Access Member

Re: Dokken

Postby Shadow » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:21 pm

Incrediable harmonies and Classic grooves this legendary band has. DOKKEN are solid! 8)

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:57 am

All Access Member

Postby macheted01 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:19 am

Wow, thanks Doobie. Very good song. Great guitar solo. I have not really followed Dokkens work in awhile. I mean, I always check in when something comes out, but really never caught my interest. I was looking at the reviews on Amazon earlier, and they were favorable. I may check this out. Don seems to be letting his players breathe some more. Good to see Mick on the kit. Jon Levin does a great job of capturing the whole Dokken vibe. Great player and must be honest, I never really payed him any attention till now.
Alot of these groups from this era, got lost along the way in trying to change things up or just keep up with the mainstream world. This is where they shine. I appreciate them going back to what they do, with todays technology. Lately you read about all these groups trying to go back and catch that classic era, but usually fall short. While I have not heard this whole Dokken effort yet, if the whole thing is like this, Im sure it is great. Some of the other bands from back then that have done a good job is Ratt and Whitesnake with there latest. Also, the new Lynch Mob, other than the fact that is only 4 songs.

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:58 am

All Access Member

Postby macheted01 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:14 am

Yeah, that, I cant wait for. Ever since I heard them talk about it on TMS. I heard the release date was set for October. Now it says the 31st. I have to wait till the end of October, now. Thats cool, doing the Halloween thing and all. Should be good.

All Access Member

Postby Kathy » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:48 pm

Doobie wrote:Broken Bones the new Dokken album will be out on Frontiers Records. Available in CD and Deluxe CD/DVD edition. Release date: Europe, September 21st / North America, September 25th.

More good stuff to listen to and watch...all right!! :D

Return to Free for all...