jack 5

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

All Access Member

jack 5

Postby Kathy » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:38 pm

I think his name is Jack 5 he was the shredder on Sept 15th aring of That Metal Show..they had Sammy Hagar and Michael Anthony on
Anyway Jack 5 unhooked his electric input and started tapping it on what seemed to be a metal pick guard around the 8th and 10 th frets and tapping the high E,B,C and poss A strings...it all happended so fast I didn't get a good look. Anyway, it was a cool sound 8) .And something I'd never seen before. Anyone else catch this? It even got a WTF out of Hagar.

Killer of Giants

Re: jack 5

Postby Doobie » Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:09 am

Postby unomundo » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:17 am

Actually - the first time I came across John 5, he was mixing it up onstage with Marilyn Manson

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyvtxh1w0do

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:15 pm

She said Jack 5, not John 5.

Postby unomundo » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:52 pm

Yep - I saw the episode - it was John 5

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:54 pm

Okay. lol

All Access Member

Postby Kathy » Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:43 pm

Yes, it was John 5 ...he's hair punk blond
Thanks guys!

All Access Member

Postby macheted01 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:37 am

It is John 5 and he is a bad ass. Actually just watched this episode last night. I am always a week behind, because I watch them online on VH1. Great episode and always great to watch John 5 play. Kathy, do yourself a favor and check out John 5 The Devil Knows My Name. He has a newer release called God Told Me To, but I like the other better. He also has a DVD out called The Devil Knows My Name which is an instructional video that is awsome, but be warned there is nudity on this. Yeah, it is a twisted instructional video.
A friend of mine actually went to high school with him north of Detroit somewhere. He said, this guy lived and breathed the guitar. You can tell he does. He has had some earlier appearences on TMS as well.
John 5 played on David Lee Roth's solo album called The DLR Band. I liked it, but it got mixed reviews. So with that said, and Sammy talking about the Decades of Rock thing he wants to do next year, I think John 5 would be great to fill the Eddie Van Halen spot of that tour. I believe, he is still pretty busy with the Rob Zombie stuff and also read somewhere that him and DLR have a lounge type release in the works. Sounds like he is still cool with DLR, so he might not do something like that to stir up any contriversy. But I think, he would fill the spot nicely, none the less.

All Access Member

Postby Kathy » Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:44 pm

macheted01 wrote:It is John 5 and he is a bad ass. Actually just watched this episode last night. I am always a week behind, because I watch them online on VH1. Great episode and always great to watch John 5 play. Kathy, do yourself a favor and check out John 5 The Devil Knows My Name. He has a newer release called God Told Me To, but I like the other better. He also has a DVD out called The Devil Knows My Name which is an instructional video that is awsome, but be warned there is nudity on this. Yeah, it is a twisted instructional video.
A friend of mine actually went to high school with him north of Detroit somewhere. He said, this guy lived and breathed the guitar. You can tell he does. He has had some earlier appearences on TMS as well.
John 5 played on David Lee Roth's solo album called The DLR Band. I liked it, but it got mixed reviews. So with that said, and Sammy talking about the Decades of Rock thing he wants to do next year, I think John 5 would be great to fill the Eddie Van Halen spot of that tour. I believe, he is still pretty busy with the Rob Zombie stuff and also read somewhere that him and DLR have a lounge type release in the works. Sounds like he is still cool with DLR, so he might not do something like that to stir up any contriversy. But I think, he would fill the spot nicely, none the less.

Thank you I'll check him out...NUDITY :x 8O you say?? SWEET!! Makes for a more interesting inst video.. :wink: Thanks again/Kathy

All Access Member

Postby macheted01 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:05 am

The guys an insane player. I am not too much for just somebody shredding all over the place. It gets old to me, but this guy can get away with it. He makes things interesting. Yeah, I warned my friend about the video as well, because he has kids and all.

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:42 am

He plays on Sebastian Bach's newest CD effort "Kicking and Screaming".

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:08 pm

I don't see no video image from the link above (it's total blank) but none the less JOHN 5 is surely a treasure talent, I like him a lot as I do BLASKO (his handsome) whom both kick mega-buns in ROB ZOMBIE's Band. Break my heart when Blasko left the band...'don't really know where his at now. I think his w/OZZY or not. Don't know but he/Blasko needs his own Solo Project and band because his dynomite: looks a little like ZAKK WYLDE (Blasko does) strangely enough they could be brothers. Anyway, I'm thrilled that JOHN 5 is doing well in ROB ZOMBIE's Band his an incredible talent...'all of them are!!

Return to Free for all...