Dio is Dr. X!

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

All Access Member
Posts: 104
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: New York

Re: Dio is Dr. X!

Postby Stargazer » Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:21 pm

mrmetal wrote:I wonder if that is going to be Magica II?


I doubt it...Master Of The Moon was going to be Magica II but Ronnie said he didn't have enough time and he's planning to tour South America early this year so I think it will just be a normal album. Plus Doug's style wouldn't fit Magica II if it is Doug on the next album.

Killer of Giants
User avatar
Posts: 1679
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Dio is Dr. X!

Postby mrmetal » Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:41 pm

I don't think he will be. Doug was only on Killing the Dragon. He left and Goldy did Master of the Moon and is once again Dio's full-time guitarist.

Moderator
Posts: 732
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:00 pm
Location: League City, TX

Re: Dio is Dr. X!

Postby Fretman » Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:57 pm

I heard Doug was back in to replace Craig on the tour for medical reasons...probably not long term though.

Killer of Giants
User avatar
Posts: 1679
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Dio is Dr. X!

Postby mrmetal » Fri Jan 06, 2006 3:05 pm

Fretman wrote:I heard Doug was back in to replace Craig on the tour for medical reasons...probably not long term though.


Really? Is that on Dio's website? I have to admit, I haven't been paying much attention to the music scene these days.

All Access Member
User avatar
Posts: 1972
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Gray, TN

Re: Dio is Dr. X!

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Fri Jan 06, 2006 3:05 pm

Hey guys! That's funny that you are talking about Magica, because I just bought it the other day. I'm behind on my buying! Too much freakin' stuff! It's a great disc!

I've been diggin' on Dio lately more than usual, so I've got a question for you that have been following him longer than I have.

What ever happened with Rowan Robertson from Lock Up the Wolves?

All Access Member
Posts: 119
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: HACIENDA HEIGHTS,CALIFORNIA

Re: Dio is Dr. X!

Postby SHREDDER1 » Fri Jan 06, 2006 4:01 pm

Glad you (Fretman) and Mr.Metal were fine.On the news it looked liked
"Independence Day" or "War of the Worlds".It`s been proven people get
into predator mode when the chips are way down.This is a goofy question?
Do either of you carry shotguns or hand guns on your person?You Texan`s
have way lax laws on gun control.

Shredder

Moderator
Posts: 732
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:00 pm
Location: League City, TX

Re: Dio is Dr. X!

Postby Fretman » Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:09 pm

SHREDDER1 wrote:Glad you (Fretman) and Mr.Metal were fine.On the news it looked liked
"Independence Day" or "War of the Worlds".It`s been proven people get
into predator mode when the chips are way down.This is a goofy question?
Do either of you carry shotguns or hand guns on your person?You Texan`s
have way lax laws on gun control.

Shredder


One under the seat of my truck, and one in my drawer at the office. Also, one sawed off shotgun hidden in my closet. My wife only knows about the shotgun so SSSHHHHH!

Moderator
Posts: 732
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:00 pm
Location: League City, TX

Re: Dio is Dr. X!

Postby Fretman » Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:14 pm

mrmetal wrote:
Fretman wrote:I heard Doug was back in to replace Craig on the tour for medical reasons...probably not long term though.


Really? Is that on Dio's website? I have to admit, I haven't been paying much attention to the music scene these days.


I can't remember where I read it but it wasn't on Dio's website. The story was also adamant that Craig was not in rehab for alcohol...which may mean he was? Dude, who knows why? Anyway, Doug was brought in to finish the tour and nothing was said about any future plans to record with Dio again...but hopefully he will.

Killer of Giants
Posts: 1893
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: BFE

Re: Dio is Dr. X!

Postby Doobie » Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:01 pm

Dio being Dr. X kind of ruins it for me. I guess since they are DeGarmo-less and have been mute for so long they have to incorporate a name everyone recognizes for an audience to appear. Don't get me wrong ... old-school Ryche is in my top 5 faves of all time but, having a recognizable voice as Dr. X is going to blow it for me. He needed to remain an unknown for me to continue my fascination with MindCrime.

2005 tour was okay as I've stated before on here. Having actors on stage was a bit too much. Too distracting. And, even though he could jam, I just couldn't get past DeGarmo's replacement - bleach blond, Billy Idol-looking guy. And, it really pissed me off when Tate didn't belt out the infamous line from The Mission correctly. 'twas highly anticipating that line. grrrrrrrrrrrr

Killer of Giants
User avatar
Posts: 1679
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Dio is Dr. X!

Postby mrmetal » Sat Jan 07, 2006 6:38 pm

Doobie wrote:Dio being Dr. X kind of ruins it for me. I guess since they are DeGarmo-less and have been mute for so long they have to incorporate a name everyone recognizes for an audience to appear. Don't get me wrong ... old-school Ryche is in my top 5 faves of all time but, having a recognizable voice as Dr. X is going to blow it for me. He needed to remain an unknown for me to continue my fascination with MindCrime.

2005 tour was okay as I've stated before on here. Having actors on stage was a bit too much. Too distracting. And, even though he could jam, I just couldn't get past DeGarmo's replacement - bleach blond, Billy Idol-looking guy. And, it really pissed me off when Tate didn't belt out the infamous line from The Mission correctly. 'twas highly anticipating that line. grrrrrrrrrrrr


I think they just wanted Dio to sing as Dr. X on the album.

The actor thing was pretty cool to me....made the show interesting.

All Access Member
User avatar
Posts: 1972
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Gray, TN

Re: Dio is Dr. X!

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:32 am

I liked the actors as well. It's caused mixed feelings amongst long-time Queesnryche fans though.

So, is Dio actually going to sing or just narrate? Me and a friend of mine are both confused about what Ronnie is actually going to be doing.

IMO, if he's going to sing, then that's a really good thing! :-) Lord knows Ryche needs all the help they can get to make their music interesting these days!

Killer of Giants
User avatar
Posts: 1679
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Dio is Dr. X!

Postby mrmetal » Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:11 pm

PoetsandMadmen wrote:So, is Dio actually going to sing or just narrate? Me and a friend of mine are both confused about what Ronnie is actually going to be doing.


I think the QR site said Dio was in the studio recording vocal tracks as Dr. X. I don't remember them stating whether it was singing or narrating.....if they know what they are doing, Dio should definately be singing. :twisted:

All Access Member
User avatar
Posts: 1972
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Gray, TN

Re: Dio is Dr. X!

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:58 am

I agree.

Moderator
Posts: 732
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:00 pm
Location: League City, TX

Re: Dio is Dr. X!

Postby Fretman » Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:19 pm

It wouldn't be the first time Geoff Tate and Dio have played together. Anyone remember STARS? :lol:

All Access Member
User avatar
Posts: 1972
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Gray, TN

Re: Dio is Dr. X!

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Wed Jan 11, 2006 2:58 pm

I've seen footage from it, but I was too young to actually remember it. Wasn't it the "alternative" to We Are The World? :-) Ol Jacko himself....

Previous

Return to Free for all...

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests